Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

I have to be 100% serious here for a second. I have literally no loving idea what "gender-normative" means

dudes is dudes, chicks is chicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why video games. Why do people only ever talk about video games.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

I have to be 100% serious here for a second. I have literally no loving idea what "gender-normative" means

girls doing things accepted as girly, men doing things accepted as manly

quote:

Why video games. Why do people only ever talk about video games.

internet is full of nerds, nerds play lots of videogames

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that person is basically right though

the rape culture one i mean not the kerbal one

the kerbal one is kinda weird

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

hey yeah let's discuss social issues in a gaming subforum on a comedy website over the internet with complete strangers

- absolute retards

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ekster posted:

hey yeah let's discuss social issues in a gaming subforum on a comedy website over the internet with complete strangers

- absolute retards

D&D for retards that can only understand things in a videogames context

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

it's an aboslute honor to be part of the race most represented in the artistic medium where you blow dudes heads clean off while holding a toy controller

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people like seeing people like themselves in things they like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean making some gigantic condescending post about it is dumb but going 'i wish more games let me play as a black dude' or w/e is pretty understandable

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Basically, another reason why immersion is one of the stupidest poo poo ever.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

i mean making some gigantic condescending post about it is dumb but going 'i wish more games let me play as a black dude' or w/e is pretty understandable

sjw tumblr feminazi motherfuckre

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
as bad as all this poo poo is, it's got nothing on the delusions of the smash players.

They think the game has a high bar for entry. It's like the emperor's new clothes.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah i get it just a joke

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

as bad as all this poo poo is, it's got nothing on the delusions of the smash players.

They think the game has a high bar for entry. It's like the emperor's new clothes.

its like when fighting game fans try to critique a mortal kombat game, super laffs

im not here to learn how op counter double special parry is nerd im here to play a game with a low skill barrier with friends and gore up the joint

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

The Taint Reaper posted:

ARTS players have the same delusions, I think.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The SomethingAwful Forums continue to die of AIDS.

you seem mad

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

God bless you Fiwer

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Taint Reaper posted:

Smash Bros is fun, and theres nothing wrong with playing it using a commonly accepted set of rules

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
fuckin forumid=44 man

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
maybe kerbals do have completely binary genders not everything has to be like humans

loving space racists

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Neurolimal posted:

detumblrification

bless you

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Meme Emulator posted:

God bless you Fiwer

hahahaha i didn't realize that's who it was, that owns

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

now zis has gotten confusin'

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

mother loving rap culture

sick beats == beating their children???

really makes you think

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

its like when fighting game fans try to critique a mortal kombat game, super laffs

im not here to learn how op counter double special parry is nerd im here to play a game with a low skill barrier with friends and gore up the joint

Kill yourself you loving casual.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Meme Emulator posted:

Smash Bros is fun, and theres nothing wrong with playing it using a commonly accepted set of rules

You got a phonebook written by lovecraftian monstrosity? Because The Smash rules are just as long and forever changing every time you look at them because someone got their pride hurt in a videogame.

It's more fun to play the rules as written/sprit of rules metagame in Warhammer 40k.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I'm a whide nerd. ,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Epic Hamcat posted:

I'm a whide nerd. ,

Greetings, fellow White.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

A phone book written by Lovecraftian antagonists would be pretty cool.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
*nyarlathotep grabs the yellow pages* "Where in the Stygian abyss is Cthulhu in this ancient, forgotten tome!?" *laugh track* "Oh, of course. Silly me; he was under Unspeakable Nightmares, not Sleepless Horrors." *smacks forehead with slithering tendril* "A-doi!" *laugh track, applause, iris out*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

matrix ripoff posted:

*nyarlathotep grabs the yellow pages* "Where in the Stygian abyss is Cthulhu in this ancient, forgotten tome!?" *laugh track* "Oh, of course. Silly me; he was under Unspeakable Nightmares, not Sleepless Horrors." *smacks forehead with slithering tendril* "A-doi!" *laugh track, applause, iris out*

stfu

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

qnqnx posted:

gamers.txt is why the detumblrification of the forums was a failure

i wish gamers.txt had funny stuff like nerds gushing about how much ffvii is art and other poo poo like that but instead its dnd: games

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

move gamers.txt here

give it to us

Dec 26, 2012

Mung Dynasty posted:

i wish gamers.txt had funny stuff

yes

No Such Thing posted:

move gamers.txt here

give it to us

yes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think you mean the gas chamber.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
a ddrd gamers.txt thread would manage to be even dumber and weirder than that keebler post

Dec 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I think you mean the gas chamber.

please. it deserves worse. ycs goldmine

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mung Dynasty posted:

i wish gamers.txt had funny stuff

If you can search for who posted in that thread, look up RasputinVarez.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

zen death robot posted:

byob so it just gets a bunch of weirdos posting about their impending suicide by drugs in it

Nathan roadknight make a rap about gender roles in videogame spaceman culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Kewpuh please post the report queue from the gamers.txt thread

• Locked thread