Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
So I've got a gaming rig with what is ostensibly a built in sound card. I've got all sorts of weird colored coax inputs though.

Anyway, my issue is that on win 7 64 bit I have tried different program trials and am having issues. Cubase and FL Studio output no sound, despite my installation of the asio4all drivers. Hell, one time opening cubase disabled sound on the pc until I restarted. Ableton gets sound but doesn't seem like it'd work for live stuff because the record button doesn't record in the track, it just records some unseen arrangement. I've looked at guides and done everything they've said and am still having this issue. Speakers are not set to exclusive mode. Any ideas?

What program would be most ideal for live collaboration with other musicians using my oxygen 25? I'm mainly going to do vocals and loops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Just out of curiousity, what are you actually using to produce 'sound'? The Oxygen 25 is just a controller, it doesn't make any sounds on it's own, you need to use it to control a VST plugin or some other synth. Just plugging it in and firing up a DAW program won't make sound, you have to load a synth plugin into the DAW and arm the track first.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

HotCanadianChick posted:

Just out of curiousity, what are you actually using to produce 'sound'? The Oxygen 25 is just a controller, it doesn't make any sounds on it's own, you need to use it to control a VST plugin or some other synth. Just plugging it in and firing up a DAW program won't make sound, you have to load a synth plugin into the DAW and arm the track first.

Yeah, I'm doing that. I'm creating instrument and midi tracks all over the place and arming them in different programs and no dice. Ableton gives me sound when I load up an instrument, but the others do not.

edit: also holy poo poo it's hcc whatuppppp

• Locked thread