Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope those lab coats show up as actual gear later on.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Anyone have a screen of that initial screen that pops up while Splatoon is still loading in? The one that's a shot of some squid's room. I like that screen and want it as a desktop background.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Excellent. Thank you.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

(Source)

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 3, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It might have been a typo or an alternate pronunciation or something. 偉人 is pronounced "ijin" and means "great man" according to Google Translate. 外人 is pronounced "gaijin" and means "foreigner". Also 外人 is apparently politically incorrect and you can't say it on television.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I am a human adult man, but Splatoon makes me truly believe I am a squidgirl.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

I like this. I don't know anything about Ika Musume but I'm interested now.

It's about an anthropomorphic squid, much like a Splatoon inkling, who emerges from the sea with intentions of punishing humanity for their literal pollution. The humans above pay her no mind and she ends up working for a beachside restaurant, due in part to pay off damages she's done to the venue on pain of death by ninja.

She's also an idiot.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I do notice there aren't any adult squids, aside from that one crazy guy who lives in the sewers. No doubt they're all doing boring adult poo poo like jobs and grocery shopping.

Do you think there are squids working on offshore oil rigs who spend their breaks spectating turf wars on Saltspray Rig and betting on which color wins? Are there loudspeakers at the mall that announce upcoming turf wars or splat zone matches so that customers can find cover?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Awaiting the yaoi vs yuri splatfest

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Actually, yuri and yaoi might be too on the nose. Make it team rose vs team lily to create plausible deniability for all the Miiverse posts of musclebound squids wrestling each other.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I want to call Nintendo so they can hook me up with the Splatoon scarf from that one event.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Alxprit posted:

Guy arguing about Splatfest, all you're doing is making the thread fill up with dozens of people saying the exact same thing, please give up so that things get better.

Are you team yaoi or team yuri?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Team N'Sync

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

There was this one tower control match where all four opposing squids gathered on the tower and bubble shielded for the last stretch. I couldn't get mad at that, even though it was a goddamn steamroll.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It was at the mall and I think the match lasted less than a minute.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Oh yeah, there was this other tower control match where everyone on my team, me included, kept getting blown up by opposing ink mines on the tower.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Excellent technique if it was.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd probably hit 20 in no time if I didn't try to get all my points from ranked right after hitting 10.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You know, I always thought the inklings' bandit masks and squid teeth were more distinctive than their hair, but those don't really show up on a silhouette.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually wouldn't the inklings have to use ink slides or die horribly?

The splatfest themes seem to be based on stuff that inklings wouldn't know much about aside from pop and rock music, if that one battle track is a legit song in-universe. Dogs have long since drowned, and Judd's the only cat they know of. And I doubt they know what instant ramen is because that involves handling deadly water.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I wouldn't personally ride one, but I'd like to see the end result of someone riding a water slide except permanent marker ink instead of water.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm all for adult squids in battle only if their fashion sense is so far removed from fresh that none of the inklings get even close to wherever they are. Instead of Inkopolis Plaza, the hub world is an office building.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Found a pic of real Splatoon.

I'd like to see a future weapon channel the spirit of Holi and the "ink" is actually chalk dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Cool, so then we should have one announced soon.

Awaiting Tortoise and Hare

• Locked thread