Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
Since gyro controls were mentioned, it's probably worth pointing out that using the control stick to look is possible, and you can swap between control schemes with a single button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
The tags they put on the posts are pretty great too, whoever's running that blog is having a lot of fun.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
Videos of the game are starting to get uploaded, here's 2 from a new map shown, first with the mode shown at E3, Turf War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7q7FyFC_rA

And this one with the new King of the Hill style Splat Zones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZehXrZV8II

Finally, here's footage of the single player mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZfGvEfkYA

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

mabels big day posted:

Seeing this footage of the roller gives me high hopes for each weapon being unique and effective in a balanced way. The roller was really good at getting a consistent and big amount of ink everywhere, but he could never actually fight anyone head on. Despite that, it still looked really fun, especially sneaking up behind people and just running them over. I like seeing that; having each weapon be a different but fun way of playing is a reason that I'd play this game for a long time.

Yeah, obviously there's no real way to know about balance until we can get our hands on the game, but for now it looks like they did a great job giving each weapon and super weapon unique. It's cool to see them in action too, because it's interesting to see the little things that you couldn't expect from an initial look at one. For example, you would expect the splat charger (sniper rifle) to be good at long-range combat, and it is, but the long narrow trail of ink it leaves also makes it good for mobility, especially to hard-to-reach places, which is a really cool synergy.

Thanks Internet fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 24, 2015

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
Some information about the upcoming testfire was posted on the blog, namely, the two maps available:

Saltspray Rig:

and Walleye Warehouse:

There will also only be 4 weapon sets to choose from:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
Goddamn this game is fun

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

MrFlibble posted:

So how do you use the shield/special weapon? I got all the basic stuff (Swimming, shooting, jumping and grenades) but the tutorial didn't cover the special (or I missed it).

Click the right stick

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

CatsPajamas posted:

You can turn off gyro controls in the Controls menu, right? Press + at the weapon select screen.

Yeah, you can.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Unlucky7 posted:

So only 5 multiplayer maps at launch?

I understand that there will be post launch maps, and I am sold on the game anyway, but I suspect it will take a beating in the reviews for this. Unless the single player is substantial.

Previews have made single player seem pretty substantial. It wouldn't be the first shooter to launch with a selection of maps that small either, TF2 launched with 6.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

mabels big day posted:

-I found that this happened more often in the walleye warehouse than saltspray rig. The games that were total stompings always happened on WW.

The spawn areas on saltspray rig on on an elevated area separate from the rest of the map, so you can't even attempt to spawncamp.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
Back in to the tutorial at least.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Silentman0 posted:

Inhales deeply Yyyeaaahh, that's the poo poo I needed. That was totally worth the weight. Now just gotta wait one more week..

:yeah:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
So spawn camping isn't really viable, but super-jump camping totally is. Nothing like splattering someone the instant they land.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Can you queue with friends for matches?

You can play in the same game as your friends, but teams are still random. Starting in August you'll be able to make a team with friends though.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Katana Gomai posted:

Do win streaks have an effect on anything? Also when/how do you get equipment with 2 or more bonuses

You can talk to Judd once a day and he'll give you money based on your current winstreak.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Help Im Alive posted:

They'll probably raise the maximum level soon, right? It's not really a good sign that like a third of the people online seem to have hit the cap 2 days after release

Ranked mode works on a different system, so I guess if they add more gear they might, but otherwise there's not a lot of reason to increase it.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Wildtortilla posted:

Do abilities on gear stack? Like if I have ink saver (main) on two pieces of gear, do I get the benefit stacked?

Yes, but there are diminishing returns.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Rorus Raz posted:

Getting ready for Splatfest with the freshest memes.

:yeah:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!
Became a coaster king with less than 10 minutes left. During the last half hour I played almost every game the top to players on my team were me and "mom."

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Well, I guess I never need to use any other type of weapon ever again.

• Locked thread