Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Inverness posted:

I'm liking all of those ideas. I feel like I should be sending Nintendo an email with ideas. I wonder if they even read those kinds of things. :ohdear: I wouldn't even ask if it was Sony or Microsoft.
Does Reggie check twitter or something? Might be worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Because it comes bundled with sweet figurines.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Christo posted:

It's Miyamoto's explanation for how Bowser and Mario can be mortal enemies in one game and friendly kart-racing rivals in another, yeah. He thinks of them like the old Popeye cartoons in which Bluto and Popeye often played different rolls (pirates, carpenters, musicians...) depending on what the story required.

EDIT: Also Zelda and Mario exist in the same universe because Link can be found asleep in one of the inns in Super Mario RPG and there are Goombas in Link's Awakening.

They call it the Osamu Tezuka Star System.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Just because I am a nerd I'll point out the original pun:
"It can't be helped" -> "Shikata ga nai"
"Squid" -> "Ika"
"Ink-an’t be helped" -> "Ikata ga nai"

Props to whoever translated it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Sorry I assumed it'd go with the obvious pun. I'm sorry I assumed. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Zaphod42 posted:

In the demo everybody said that walls did NOT count. I'm not so sure, but I am leaning towards no rather than yes.

Slanted surfaces definitely count, like in the skatepark.

I know this has been answered already but here's some extra info I found around:
The score % is calculated based on overhead view, so only the horizontal component of a slope will count and naturally walls don't count at all. This has some minor implications with weapons that cover based on overhead distance vs weapons that cover based on traveled distance.
This also applies to special meter, so maps with lots of slopes will fill out a bit slower than flat maps.

• Locked thread