Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Alabaster White posted:

So, is the game good?

Yes

Alabaster White posted:

Also are these amiibos going to be the kind that resell for shitloads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Alabaster White posted:

So, is the game good? Also are these amiibos going to be the kind that resell for shitloads?

Yes and probably.

The only thing that could bring the game down for me is that if Nintendo doesn't add content. I could take or leave new weapons since the ones the game has already provides tons of variety, but the 5 maps while very good will get old with heavy playing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

So, is the game good? Also are these amiibos going to be the kind that resell for shitloads?

I dont think it will be hard to find the inkling boy and girl, but the squid is exclusive to the 3 pack so that will be difficult to get down the road.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How much stuff do you get from beating single player content? Is it faster to play multiplayer to get stuff or is it actually unique to each mode

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Countblanc posted:

How much stuff do you get from beating single player content? Is it faster to play multiplayer to get stuff or is it actually unique to each mode

They are totally separate.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Poultron posted:

They are totally separate.

Not so fast...

mabels big day posted:

If you beat the first boss in single player you unlock that weapon combination in the store so thats a good idea to do that early.

So the RPG stuff you level up is purely for campaign, but doing stuff in the campaign can absolutely unlock things for multiplayer.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Countblanc posted:

There are weapon sets you can only unlock through playing single player, and I think a few clothes.

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax

BattleMaster posted:

+3. Actually if I could lower the sensitivity on the motion control X-axis while keeping higher sensitivity on the stick X-axis and motion Y-axis I'd be a lot happier now that you mention it.

I think I'm in the same boat. I'm real glad I decided to force myself to switch over to motion controls, but it's still a bit awkward with the way they handle the X and Y-axis stuff. I think I've got my sensitivity at +3, as well.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

BattleMaster posted:

Yes and probably.

The only thing that could bring the game down for me is that if Nintendo doesn't add content. I could take or leave new weapons since the ones the game has already provides tons of variety, but the 5 maps while very good will get old with heavy playing.

They did say that they were going to support it updates and DLC, but other than the one in August that is supposed to add custom teams amongst other stuff, it's hard to say when and how often.

Also I was lucky enough to get the Amiibo 3 pack. No kids. I am a part of the problem.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ahhh I only got to play for half an hour but everything owns so hard.

Only thing I didn't like is I couldn't set my colour to purple right away, I had to wait til it showed up randomly then lock my colour.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Icedude posted:

Yeah, I'm having that problem too. How do I use the secondary abilities my gear has? They don't have HUD icons like the main ones do. Also is there a way to reroll gear if you get traits you don't want?

In fact are traits even random? Pretty much everyone in starter gear seems to have had the same secondaries.
The traits on your gear are all passives, you don't have to use them. The starters might be the same, I don't know, but the traits on the bottom row get rolled when you level the gear up. There's supposed to be a way to reroll, but I don't know how that works.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Loving the game so far. Is it confirmed that paintable walls count the same way that the ground counts? I seem to be the only one painting the walls in a lot of matches and I wonder if I am wasting my time doing that.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
The mechanic I don't understand is the flags. I get that they reset with the maps every 4 hours, but can I only redeem them once from the cat? Is the reward from the last complete thing?

Anyway, the cat mentioned that multiple bonuses to the same stat aren't as effective.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What flags?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Evil Canadian posted:

Ahhh I only got to play for half an hour but everything owns so hard.

Only thing I didn't like is I couldn't set my colour to purple right away, I had to wait til it showed up randomly then lock my colour.

Yeah that's dumb, 'color lock' should be 'color pick' instead. Why? Nintendo. Seems really really lazy for no reason.

Artic Puma posted:

Loving the game so far. Is it confirmed that paintable walls count the same way that the ground counts? I seem to be the only one painting the walls in a lot of matches and I wonder if I am wasting my time doing that.

In the demo everybody said that walls did NOT count. I'm not so sure, but I am leaning towards no rather than yes.

Slanted surfaces definitely count, like in the skatepark.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Artic Puma posted:

Walls don't count.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah that's dumb, 'color lock' should be 'color pick' instead. Why? Nintendo. Seems really really lazy for no reason.

Ahaha, I had assumed you get to pick but I never tried it myself.

I thought they put it in as an accessibility feature for colour blind people, so do they have to struggle until they get a combo they can differentiate? ahaha, that's not great

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

The water balloon bombs are the worst weapon in the game I think.

yeah they're pretty worthless. Maybe stacking ink saver or something makes them better so you can have infinite grenades but idk they seem pretty weak.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
so, i don't know if this has been asked before but is there dlc for this game?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I thought they put it in as an accessibility feature for colour blind people, so do they have to struggle until they get a combo they can differentiate? ahaha, that's not great

Yup :psyduck:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ernie Muppari posted:

:smithicide:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tip #1: Don't forget you can drop through grates in squid form as well as pass through vertical grates. I've escaped from enemies doing this sort of thing. It makes you feel far cooler than it should. Ninja squid.

Tip #2: Be careful where you do this exactly. I'm pretty sure there are some grate floors over water in the mall map, and additionally scooting along as a squid then dropping yourself through a floor unintentionally probably isn't good strategy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Walls definitely don't count. I checked a lot earlier and your score doesn't go up when you paint them. The only use is for better squid movement.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ernie Muppari posted:

There is or isn't depending on who you ask

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Tip #1: Don't forget you can drop through grates in squid form as well as pass through vertical grates. I've escaped from enemies doing this sort of thing. It makes you feel far cooler than it should. Ninja squid.

Tip #2: Be careful where you do this exactly. I'm pretty sure there are some grate floors over water in the mall map, and additionally scooting along as a squid then dropping yourself through a floor unintentionally probably isn't good strategy.

There's literally a skill called Ninja Squid and I want to know what it does. Makes you hard to see in Squid form? :iiam:

Bown posted:

Walls definitely don't count. I checked a lot earlier and your score doesn't go up when you paint them. The only use is for better squid movement.

Thanks for the confirmation :thumbsup:

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I just unlocked the Rapid Blaster.

It has bubble shield as the super weapon :getin:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Splatoon is great y'all. Sucks that Smash costumes are locked behind pre-orders, but I'll live.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'm seeing some people in marine gear, among other things. How does one even get that kind of stuff?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Ninja Super Jump is pretty sweet. You can jump to anybody at any time without fear.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I wish the roller's hit box was a little more accurate to the weapon. I know all you have to do is stay back mainly... but I fell off a ledge once and had one right in my face. Not enough time to kill them... but I thought maybe I could squid jump over them. I jumped over them and exploded behind them. Agh. Though I also wish all the other weapons seemed a little more useful... The splattershot jr still seems to be one of the best all around weapons, and the roller is a great noob destroyer and good for painting a lot of the map... everything else seems only good in certain situations.

Didn't realize I spent almost my whole day playing this game though. :getin:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxDuo posted:

I wish the roller's hit box was a little more accurate to the weapon. I know all you have to do is stay back mainly... but I fell off a ledge once and had one right in my face. Not enough time to kill them... but I thought maybe I could squid jump over them. I jumped over them and exploded behind them. Agh.

That's probably a connection/lag issue, really. I've had weird things happen to me because of that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Arg the store by me doesn't have wii u pad chargers so I just ordered one off Amazon that plugs into the system itself instead of my power strip.

Now I gotta wait till sunday to play. This is un-ink-cceptable :argh:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

how do traits on gear work? are they specific to each gear or can i pick my favorite outfit and get whatever traits i want on them?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Fix posted:

What flags?
It's on the Lobby somewhere, +0 flags is "chill," +7 is "so hot," etc. It's your winning streak, kinda. The cat gives you money based on how many flags you have.

It seems like he'll "pay out" whatever tier you're on, minus what you've already claimed. So you can collect 100 at 1, 300 at 4, 1000 at 7, or just 1400 at 7.

I'm stuck on the roller. Tried out other weapons, but I just can't seem to get a 700+ game. I've seen it done, just can't get it with something like the .96 gal despite the much better grenade.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Edit: Woh. Answered as I posted. Thanks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

sharrrk posted:

how do traits on gear work? are they specific to each gear or can i pick my favorite outfit and get whatever traits i want on them?

Seems to be specific. Not sure what the whole "upgrade" system entails.

Asnorban posted:

Edit: Woh. Answered as I posted. Thanks.

That's serendipity right there.

El Diabolico
Dec 19, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
the sprinkler is really good. i love it. you can stick it everywhere as well as helping you charge meter really fast.

give the kelp charger a shot. its a way better set than the testfire charger.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

sharrrk posted:

I think how it goes is that each clothing piece has a main perk that is set (everyone who uses that gear piece has that main perk), and up to 3 sub-perks that are semi-random (you're not going to get Ninja Squid as a sub, pretty sure), but are weaker than if it was the main.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

El Diabolico posted:

give the kelp charger a shot. its a way better set than the testfire charger.

How do I paint an area? I had good luck strafing and firing, covers a lot of ground, but it doesn't really move that quick down the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oh man, blitzed through Story Mode. You unlock the Hero Suit and the Octoling Suit for completing it, each has two unknown slots. Hero Suit seems to be based on moving quickly, Octoling Suit for using your sub-weapon and special weapon.

• Locked thread