Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

PrBacterio posted:

I'll repost what I wrote in the E3 TVIV thread about this, because I think it's relevant here:

I'm super excited, but I also share your concerns, especially with how high everyone's expectations are. There's no way the final product will live up to every single person's lofty expectations.

But, since this is a team of young developers being overseen by Miyamoto, and since Nintendo isn't exactly shy about delaying games when necessary to add polish, I'm not too worried, especially since the developers seem to have a good sense of just how excited people seem to be. I'd imagine/hope they'd want to push even harder to meet everyone's expectations. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yesss, four rollers, the dream team. We lost but it was funny.

I fought and won against a team with four rollers, I wonder if that was yours.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Everything but the sniper was really fun. Holy gently caress that gun was awful trying to get a handle on for fighting, and it's terrible at painting territory.

Yeah, it really needs at least a semi-decent way of being able to apply paint to territory, maybe it'll be better in the King of the Hill mode or something, but as-is its awful

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

Something keeping the Roller from being M1 Pyro (or perhaps limiting other weapons to roughly that level) is that most of the mobility options are available to everyone. A lot of the reason pyro was mediocre in TF2 was because you were just sorta stranded on the ground in a game where the strongest offensive classes could run 25% faster than you, fly through the air like jackasses, or just have 50% more health than you while hoovering up a lot of medic attention. The Roller can move around the level as quickly as any other weapon can barring unpainted vertical surfaces (and those can be scaled with relative ease).

It could just be M1-vision, but I could almost swear the roller is actually faster while you're actually rolling paint on the floor.

Then again, you can pretty reliably beat it by backtracking with the splattershot, so maybe not? What did you guys all think about the roller's speed?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

homeless snail posted:

The most powerful roller tech will be learning when not to roll.

It is insanely satisfying to come up to another roller in a hallway, and when they start charging you down, you just shake paint at them.

I imagine once people get good that'll happen less but it's really funny.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

There's definitely spawn protection, I tried spawn camping the enemy base but an invisible barrier blocks all your shots.

homeless snail posted:

Its definitely slower than walking, and swimming is twice as fast as that. Just rolling up to someone is a great way to get yourself splatted.

It must just have been the pyro effect where you think you're faster than you really are, then.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Splatoon: you're a combination squid and kid now

Hehehehehe

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It's miles better than the squid kid one, though.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Countblanc posted:

Is there a list of all the weapons in the full game/what they do?

Nothing definitive, but the wikia has a collection of what's been shown so far http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Main_Weapons

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Help, you guys, I can't stop stressing out about what if we don't get the Squid Girl DLC that Japan is getting. :negative:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I don't want other costumes, I want Squid Girl costumes :saddowns:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

im crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005