Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
This is a good comic to read. I hope the writer and artist get to do even bigger things because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh thank god, I'm not the only one.

That would follow the old Law and Order "the special guest star that shows up" theory of solving the crime.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Showing them getting hurt puts this comic a world above things like Batman cartwheeling through machine gun fire without so much as a hole in his cape.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I like how this is unfolding so far.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A simple explanation of why she'd give the guys ammo would be to test herself. Sure she got all the balloons without breaking a sweat but an exercise with paint balls is not the same as real life combat. Even if the mercs are rattled now they are still trained killers. So when she kills them all she will likely move on to whatever target she has picked out next. Which quite likely will have armed security.

All and all it should be entertaining.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

They are doing a nice job of building up Moonshadow's villain cred with the last few panels.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Threat wise he might be one of the first biodynamics she takes out then. I hope Brad gets out of this ok, he seems like a decent guy. :(

Which makes him that much more likely to die per comic book rules.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They fight, he gets the upper hand, but won't finish her off, she says something about him being soft/weak kills him, Hector blames Alison for not being there.

That would track for a reason to tie everyone in the old team together. Everyone Moonshadow has killed so far have been rapists, abusers, or war criminals so I'm curious as to what her justification will be to kill other supers. Collateral damage during their fights or the killings of other bios or criminals she mentioned to the mercs?

Someone mentioned a character flipping everyone to be supervillains. Did I miss a subplot when I binged through the series initially or are people just speculating?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

No, some people just have a weird boner for making Patrick the evil mastermind behind everything, even when it goes against how he's been characterized thus far.

Ah, that is what I figured.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Technically you paid them to show up, Moonshadow, so it is not for free. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I could also just be a story about what PTSD would do to teenage super soldiers.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

You think that's unrealistic?

I call bullshit on any media outlet giving that much effort to present the rape victim's side of the story. Completely unrealistic.

It is even sadder that it is based of a real event. :smith:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Hollismason posted:

This is reallly loving boring.

Have to have a lull before you ramp back up the hyper murder otherwise you burn the audience out.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Captain Bravo posted:

Holy poo poo, I just figured it out. I just realized why Alison is being so cagey here.

She doesn't know if Moonshadow is killing people on government orders.

That's why she's so interested in what the government knows, that's why she wants to know if they've confronted her. And what they're saying just feeds into her fears, because she knows Mary was at the scene, so if she's being told, "Oh, we checked her out, she's good" then she has to believe they're covering for her. And that means (In her mind) that the government is using Mary as an assassin. Which would seemingly corroborate Patrick's whole spiel about how the government uses biodynamics for their own purposes, and kills people that get on it's bad side.

If that is the case it will be interesting to see why the government is killing seemingly unconnected civilian rapists. Especially when the marine corp exists. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

You can't clone someone from hair unless you pull it out by the roots.

Incinerating it is what normally happens to short hair clippings, I think.

You have to justify military spending somehow to hide black-ops. "Yes we needed that furnace to burn Mega-Girl's hair trimmings, yes." :covers up plans for f35:

:f35 plans burst into flames:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Hollismason posted:

I'm really hoping Allison is playing dumb to get information and not actually this loving stupid to not think that Moonshadow is not the killer. I'm hoping.

So far it looks like she is playing dumb. She's set up and pushed the Moonshadow idea twice and gotten odd responses from the Doctor each time. If they are setting this up as the Doctor having a relative or a friend who is a rape victim and thus sympathetic to Moonshadow's cause then you've got the later's government support right there. It wouldn't even have to be a big secret government cabal. And it also saves the writer from having to create and build up another character.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Hello, I still read the comic but I stopped reading this thread a while ago because of the awful bickering people would start at the slightest provocation. Has it gotten better?

Not even a chance.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

The only thing here I don't get is the second to last panel. Is Mary down there and she's been cut? Is Mary using an illusion to make him think Alison is Mary?

I figured that she got hit by bomb shrapnel is all.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Rich people really do live on another planet in their heads. It's a toss up between the character as being written as an rear end in a top hat or just oblivious to being an rear end in a top hat.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I will say that I personally would have no loving clue how to navigate this particular cluster-gently caress and I'm kind of hoping the next panel is just Alison pivoting on her heel and walking firmly away with a "nope" expression on her face. That would be a pretty solid punchline to a very awkward page.

I thought Alison becomes a super-villain was the go to answer these days.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

You know, I was wondering why nearly all the dynamorphs are anthropomorphic animals, until it hit me that they're probably still cameo-ing backers.

:lol:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Boxman posted:

It's a better online handle than I've ever had.

Colin Spacetwinks sounds like Chuck Tingle's arch nemesis.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

If things tie back to Feral's sacrifice and we're going with the premise that this douche bag has a superpower I had a thought in my insomniacs haze. Feral's trying to do good by replacing people's organs. This upsets Alison a lot because Feral's strapped to a table in agony in order to save lives. So what would upset her more than if Rand Paul McGalt here can heal people but chooses not to because he doesn't want to be bothered by sick people?

Or he could just be a rich rear end in a top hat. :shrug:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

At least Feral is happy for the moment. :3:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Feral wanted to get right back on the table despite the agony. At least she is committed.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Avshalom posted:

in the interest of fairness i just want to say the panel where feral sees the burger and her pupils dilate like a cat's was pretty cute

Honestly who doesn't react that way when offered a good burger.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

So what if she did all this to bang Feral would that make it better or worse in the grand scheme of all of the Akira mutation fan fiction in this thread?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

The burgers regenerate as you digest them, so you poop 20x the amount you ate.

So like a burrito?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

It's obviously morning sickness guys.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Comic would've been redeemed if instead of the dullest, most trite and clichéd song they had gone with Sir Mix a lots classic

It worked in Waynes World.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jesus christ :lol:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Now add in the panel where Cleaver asks her if she hosed the preppy dude.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Almost all bad guy Superman stories are just vehicles for Batman fans to get their rocks off over Batman winning.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Typical Pubbie posted:

He actually quoted the Beastie Boys. This reads like a high school book report. :cripes:

I mean it's not totally unreasonable. The Beastie Boys have been around since 1980 and got some pretty big pop acclaim. It's not unreasonable someone who's around young people for years would hear of them even if they aren't into them.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Eat the loving chips, do it!

I need to know the flavor of chips before I make a final value assessment on philosophy man.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

mycot posted:

Would Allison torture Trump to cure Feral?

Pretty sure the Pope would torture trump to cure Feral at this point.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

This really is the best way to sum it up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I wish they'd give a content warning about Clevin.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

who's patrick

have we met any patricks recently?

He's a super villain she put down before what you see in the comic. He sort of reforms and runs a shady multinational. Teased as a love interest for Allison before the author decided to self insert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

:lol: at nurse Clevin.

• Locked thread