Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
She could PROBABLY bleed out from an absolute shitload of Cleaver-sharp cuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Actually, it depends. Related offenses can be tried at the same time even if they aren't the same crime. I was on a jury for a racketeering trial where a couple of people were being tried for arson, a couple of others for money laundering, etc. If Jake "only" filmed the action he might have been up on a conspiracy charge with the rest of them. (All you have to do for a conspiracy charge is reach an agreement with one or more other people to break the law in the future.) That'd be enough to put them all in the same trial.

Also if Kelsey wasn't conscious at the time then nobody but those four would actually know who did what.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I just realized the reason she doesn't drink is probably because Drunk Alison would be a massive public safety hazard.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Probably they could have pintsize knock her out like he theoretically could cleaver if cleaver weren't so big and then suffocate her.

I mean pintsize probably WOULDN'T but that's one way and it's not even actually hard.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

If you're paranoid about your superheroes, you probably don't set up contingencies involving your superheroes' close friends to counter each other.

Well I mean if they were actually set on killing her I doubt they would TELL pintsize that, but his Melatonin Wash is probably one of the easiest solutions to a lot of supers.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I kinda figure if Feral isn't tier one then tier one basically becomes "just Allison and Cleaver" which is pretty much useless.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I remember during Feral's arc that she talked about how other countries didn't expect their bio-dynamics to dress up in patriotic costumes and fight crime at night. I'm guessing other places had problems with bio-dynamic crime but they didn't have any overly dramatic super villains.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that "in universe" the reason for that is going to be "immediately after the existence of superpowers someone replaced a presidential broadcast with saying they were going to take over america."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Oh good job, that's pretty much everything I was going to say and more even. I think Hector is both terrified and possibly a bit ashamed of Feral's actions and what it means to be a 'superhero'. Remember, Feral used to be a villain, but now she's given all of herself in like, the most hellish act of self-sacrifice imaginable while Hector, the hero, sits in his tower moping.

Well strictly speaking Feral and her crew were more punisher types than straight up villains. Hector wasn't the one who had to be convinced to work with them, possibly because in comic book morality they're good guys because they're fighting the capital letters Bad Guys.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

Allison's main problem is that in situations that don't involve lifting heavy things/punching/intercepting bullets, she's no better than any normal person at solving problems. If she doesn't want to go learn architecture and become a construction worker, Pintsize is just as justified in not wanting to become a cheap microscope substitute.

Sure is convenient that the supervillains dried up when she quit the biz.

But that is exactly what she's doing with firefighting, she's better than a normal person at not getting killed by a collapsing building.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

Who quite possibly sexually abused his daughters.

I don't think there was really any suggestion of that, I mean it can't be ruled out but he's more likely to have "merely" physically abused them.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I dunno if the Guardians saying she was quiet is really reliable, that could easily mean "she only spouted off 10 catchphrases a battle instead of 20."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Speaking of characterization, have we heard of Puppetmaster before? I seem to remember Patrick telling us that mind control doesn't actually work, and that people who claim it were actually just making poo poo up.

Pretty sure he just said HE couldn't mind control.

e:fb

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's not what Paladin's asking for, it's "if it IS violent please beat it up."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Is she transferring to a different school yet, because seriously that probably should've been her reaction the FIRST time they enacted ridiculous retribution on someone who slighted her.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That is the opposite of the impression I get of her school's overreaction to anything negative that happens to allison regarding the school. It seems like more of a celebrity thing, they aren't scared of a rampage, they're scared she'll switch to a more agreeable school and they'll lose out on being The School Attended By Mega-Girl.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
At the very least production is somewhat less likely to involve literal slaves.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Invincible or not, you still gotta breath.

So, cut her throat with cleaversharp stuff, teleport her into space, theoretically you could gas her in a "replace all the oxygen" way rather than a poison way but you'd probably have to do that in her sleep or else she'd just like, jump out.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Here's hoping it ends with that guy trying something on Allison and her just completely clowning him. She already basically did at one point in the series.

Well it was more "yo we both know I could completely clown you, do you really want to make this into a whole 'thing'?" which is exactly why I highly doubt he's going to actually try something on Allison.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He's really not doing a very good job of hiding it, to be honest.

EDIT: he probably immediately promotes everyone who suspects him of being menace. "Alright no he CAN'T be menace, he would've realized I suspected him and gotten rid of me, not promoted me."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
By his own admission and yes.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If you first act upon gaining access to a time machine isn't looking up a list of lost classics I don't even know what you're doing with your life :colbert:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
None of those plans are very actionable for NORMAL people sure, but Allison could probably singlehandedly overthrow capitalism.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

Menace for God-Emperor of Mankind.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I expect he'd go try to save the various "anyone who could have saved the world is dead"s if that was the point in time he was planning to be working around.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
:stare: Starting to feel like this whole thing might have triggered a nervous breakdown in Patrick.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I don't believe you, Patrick.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

There goes all of the government's emergency plans to deal with her, probably.

:colbert: 90% sure they can still pump deadly gas into her room as she sleeps!

Edit: Not anything TOXIC since that would probably be prevented from harming her, just anything that isn't oxygen so she can't breathe.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's why I specified "in her sleep" and also actually said "not toxic gas" when I brought it up in the first place. But also it takes very little time for pure inert gas to cause unconsciousness.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"A mind reader thinks I'm an idiot, I've never been so insulted" has to be the best loving thing in this entire drat comic.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah this actually would have been better written if he HAD just killed a bunch of innocent people because for gently caress's sake what are the odds.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Sweet burn by that government appointed therapist. Really helps him do his job I'm sure!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I think it was a "what no he hasn't confessed yet" deal.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Radiochromatic posted:

With Furnace, I think the whole showmanship thing was because he was on TV going on about how the people killed were innocent, and women are evil bitches, and he's going to stop the killer, etc.

Not sure if this is supposed to be Moonshadow's interpretation or your actual reading, but for the latter Furnace didn't ACTUALLY go so far as to call the victims innocent. Everything he said except the MRA chunk wasn't actually wrong, he was just a huge rear end in a top hat and hypocrite about it. Moonshadow WAS picking targets in the news, which meant as long as she was at large public accusations that made the news WERE in effective going "hey invisible slasher extrajudicially kill this dude" and soliciting murder is in fact a crime. Huge hypocrisy for the extrajudicial killer to complain about, massive rear end in a top hat about the whole thing, but not strictly speaking wrong (except, again, for the MRA spiel.)

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wittgen posted:

Then Furnace went on TV and voiced the conservative opinion, that (false) rape accusers are worse than rapists.

Again, not actually what he said. I mean he probably does vaguely believe this given the MRA rant he added in but what he actually said was that while The Slasher was at large, making public accusations about rape is basically accessory to murder.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Jesus loving christ

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
For me it's really more the visual of the spiderwebbing red-hot concrete while that control building at the bottom looks pretty regularly on fire. It's like they wanted furnace to destroy the dam without putting any actually thought into how.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Personally, I think the rule of law is good, and not bad.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Mostly she seems to unconditionally trust victims which while probably more accurate than either the justice system or forcing confessions, still seems relatively risky with the numbers she's claiming credit for, and definitely risky with the numbers she probably ultimately intended.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Na'at posted:

So you missed the whole part where the super powered teenaged demi-God of flames threatened to literally burn alive any woman who accused a man of rape.

Yeah he's just your garden verity MRA gang move along nothing to see here.

I really don't get this thread

He threatened to kill women who accused a man of rape while the Invisible Slasher was at large under the premise that if they made an accusation and the Invisible slasher killed them they'd be accessory to murder, and he's not strictly speaking wrong, just an rear end in a top hat about it, and also having a bit of a everything looks like a nail problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Murder is a crime even when the victims are rapists, and asking someone to commit murder is accessory to murder or conspiracy to commit or even murder itself depending on the exact jurisdiction. So while the Invisible slasher was known to be at large, making an accusation WAS risking whoever you accused getting murdered, and making the accusation anyway does kind of make you be asking the Invisible slasher to murder someone.

• Locked thread