Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I think this new edgy material should be made into a cartoon.

First episode: Can I cook you pasta?

A 30 minute discussion whether it is right for the perfect being given male form can touch the plate of the female superhero.

My choice for VA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6f1MKpLGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The biggest thing about the app is it kind of ignores a lot of the organizations in place and even better shelters for women of abuse. Ignoring the fact that it ignores trans, gender queer and men who also experience abuse, it simply put doesn't do the biggest thing that Allison could have done. It could easily be simply that Allison becomes the face of something like i don't know that took 5 seconds googling: http://dawnrising.org/ DAWN. And it comes with a better even positive name compared to valkyries which kind of has this weird the abused are combatants.

Its poo poo basically.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Like if you wanted to keep the mythology theme and make it about protecting people why not just call it Aegis?

Or like Artemis/Diana whose domains included "Protector of women".

loving read a book.

But those aren't cool names that make it better when Clevin makes more spaghetti and takes care of people she is actually attracted too. Being the humble and best servant showing how his saintlike timidness is all that can show. Can't have a goddess name, since then it would shine light away from our lord and savior Clevin.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hey Valkeryie profile is cool and good but even there the protag's whole shtick was she was being forced into slavery and sacrifice to Odin and that's bad and her job sucked.

This poo poo doesn't even fit those standards

Lets just say it, the name choice was "Valkyries are women with armor and weapons right?! That is something that would work on this comic, then i can introduce me... i mean this new vibrant character that will be the everyman of the story."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Clevinmaiden

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Maybe this is like total recall, and patrick is here to save Allison from her Clevinverse. She will deny him though as she must, and the last page of the comic is white as they correctly lobotomize her.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

clevin walked out. realised he'd forgotten his phone. walked back.

in this time a smelly man could burst into the apartment, get showered and changed, and have a long conversation. why didn't clevin just go to the store? and if he did, why did he announce he's forgotten his phone?

His Clevin senses tingled, using his super power to immediately know the most timid and humble way to be was at his apartment he was teleported to the front door.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

A good boy knows he's not allowed outside without his phone, whistle, lifejacket and a snack

One Day Clevin will have a rebel phase in the comic. Thats right, he will wear weds underwear on Thursday!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
If you believe in the Clevin no wounds shall fell you, no heart shall be broken, and you will see the light of the Clevin, in the clevin we trust. Amen.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Allison will understand that it is the only way for cat super hero to be cleansed by the love of clevin.

edit: I mean lets face it, he already hosed patrick.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 28, 2017

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Irukandji Syndrome posted:

Wait, that was Feral in the latest page and not just a girl who kinda looks like her?

Okay I just backread a little. Let me get this straight: they undid one of the most horrifying and genuinely good plot points/fascinating ethical questions of the story because Alison strong-armed a guy into using his extremely specific and convenient superpower to make it all better?

She hasn't become transclevin yet but soon she will see the light and way. All will be made clevin.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Soon Feral will forgive Allison cause Clevin has infected her. UberClevin must have object to make pasta and tea for, feral cannot block!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Pictured Allison in 6 months

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Calling it now, Patrick will say that Alison and him bang or something stupid. Clevin will brush his cheek making him turn into Clevin and then he will cry, and go make pasta. Alison will come back and asking where patrick is, and clevin will say he left.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

Yes, his first instinct when he saw a passed out stranger in his girlfriend's bed was to get a pack of ice and tend to him. Clevin is life.

Clevin will cure patricks brain bad poo poo and resolve all conflict. Then he will make tea and pasta and feral will eat with them.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey backgrounds would take away from the main character: Clevin.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Her art is being Clevined. Wow.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Yeah, those two are about to break up. Ostertag and Clevin, that is.

Oh god get ready for the saddest comics that will rival Schindlers list in drama levels.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Neophyte posted:

No no, she's right, look at this lovely webcomic:

We can only hope one day Butler wises up and gets rid of those...ugh... backgrounds! Maybe then she can get on Ostertag's level.

BOO HISS GIVE US THE poo poo; didn't come here for pictures that i can understand without knowing the authors particular fetish.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
The Anti-Clevin will soon arise to destroy half of the webcomics until there is only one Clevin universe. It will really clean up the Clevin continuity and for sure won't be seen as a money grab to be repeated every few years when the writers don't know what to do with the characters anymore.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
By the time it gets that far into it, that will be in the background while LETS MEET CLEVIN'S PARENTS story is going on. Of course Clevin will have a big moment we can all relate too when he tells her to stop worrying about stupid poo poo and help him make enough pasta for 30 guests! Oh no!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Paladinus posted:

I still find it funny that Paladin's lab looks a lot like something from Bioshock, complete with libertarian no gods, no masters spiel. She even goes into recontextualising myths, just like Rand with her shrugging Atlas. But unlike Max 'White' Powers, she's a good objectivist, because she's a disabled queer woman of colour.

I don't know the more i hear about her, the more I have an urge to beat her to death with a golf club. :thunk:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

are you implying he was made? there was a time before?

His earth parents. Though some do talk of his mother's virgin birth as significant

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Piell posted:

As you can see, the infection began in Issue 6.

Her hair is even gaining a Clevin-like lift

Wow those first two pictures look like a comic I might want to read! :v:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
It seems like the story is taking a different route and that route includes some pasta. Get out of the way story and interesting character, we got slice of life boring poo poo to do!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Crimpolioni posted:

Ugh, that's just depressing. Anyway, as per the most recent comic, are we now pretending that the illuminati would give two shits about Alisons uber service? I might be reading it wrong, but if that was the point it's literally the dumbest this comic has gotten yet.

You would be correct. It is time to embrace the bad writing and let it flow over you . Alisons uber service is very disruptive... cause... it is! etc etc

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
ahaha god you are right she thinks her poo poo app will do anything at all other than i guess be uber for abused women.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I have a new idea. I am going to start an organization, all about helping people and providing medical care to locations in crisis. We would be like the people who went wherever people needed medical care for the good of all humanity. This will completely disrupt the jews- illuminatii- shadow government plans! Now, for a name. This is hard, if there was only something catchy for doctors who will help people across any border. What on earth would I call this revolutionary idea that will of course have a smart phone app for the people in africa to request help as one of its functions.

Oh wait. Doing that would be more than what Alison did, so lets just make an app for people in one city to get medical attention if they can't remember 911. ACES!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Yes, but how does Clevin's pasta he cooked for Alison fit into these theories. :thunk:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
If this was written realistically like halfway through this long speech Cleven would have said "Dude, it was a loving platitude cause I was being polite, you idiot."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Patrick hasn't shot himself in the head so I don't think they have been loving. Though imagine in the current state it would be like two marshmellows rolled together.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Clevin will touch his face and then Patrick will know the joy, and the light.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
You forgot doormat. His reaction would have been as saintly, if Patrick was banging Alison while she was screaming his name.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Uncle Wemus posted:

*posts that one comic explaining cuckoldry*

Hey hey, don't you try to attribute interesting qualities to my Clevin!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I don't know that shadowing on the the characters? too good. Can't concentrate on the story.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh no his deep dark secret revealed. He keeps pictures on his phone of his girlfriend. The horror.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Al-Saqr posted:

wait I dont get it, shouldnt clevin be super proud of him having photos of them dating mega girl and shouldve responded to patrick with " How does it feel to you that someone as unremarkable as me is still better at love and dating superwomen than someone like you who can read loving minds?! you pathetic jealous twerp?!"

Like the comback is right there on the table a half-decent writer can establish clevin as both gentle and quick witted, giving him an extra depth other than the wet napkin he is.

Like I am pretty sure a normally written person could have cut through like 90% of the first monologue of the super villain that can "mind control" people via loving with them.

"oh, yeah, you know, I went to school. I read philosophy 101 too. Anything else genius, oh I know. Space? It is really big."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

As dumb as the rest of this comic is, the whole "mua ha ha ha" at the end indicated to me pretty heavily that the author knows Patrick is being dumb and melodramatic here, and it's more reflective of Clevin's softboy inability to handle a jealous semi-ex as well as his own lack of self-esteem (like the whole "I made pasta!!!") thus why he has to boost himself by saying "Im dating Mega Girl!" to people he barely knows. It's not good or interesting but isn't exactly hard to follow. It is pretty telling that Clevin does that especially considering how he reacted, that he's using Allison as a crutch for his own lack of worth, thus why he absolutely needs her to validate him over the stupidest things.

See the problem about that is the backgrounds are too details to pick on these important points.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

pospysyl posted:

Oh, I can definitely see the story going there, but instead of informing the characters' decisions or being at all thematically connected to the larger plot, it's going to be resolved with Clevin and Alison crying and making big, overwritten speeches, after which neither Clevin or Alison will be different in any significant way, other than perhaps breaking up.

Reminder: Clevin looks like the author if you use the artist blob'o vision. Clevin not going anywhere, Alison is going to be understanding and Clevin might die for loving her TOO MUCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Clevin is such a lame-rear end milquetoast dipshit, I'd be happy if the entire comic was just him being dunked on and humiliated

Someone isn't getting pasta. :colbert:

• Locked thread