Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bukowski

hammulder
Liberal Crime Squad (hereafter referred to as LCS) is a computer game by Bay12 Entertainment, the sperg fuckers who made Dwarf Fortress.

Instead of dumbass Dwarves with axes making GBS threads all over the place and struggling to defeat the most mundane of God's creatures (that is to say, getting your balls ate by Mr. T a pack of squirrels), LCS stars you!

You are the leader of an ever expanding group of Liberals, and your ultimate goal is to topple the oppressive Conservative NWO. You recruit dissidents from sweatshops, coffeehouses, and wherever else the virtue of Liberalism shines it's holy light.

Instruct your group to kidnap and brainwash Cons. scum, steal a bunch of poo poo, and KILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Well Gee Buk, that sounds like a lot of fun!

It is, but here's the catch.

IT LOOKS LIKE poo poo AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

Luckily, as some of us know, Frankie boy claims to know what do do.

The link to download the game is here

Let's get cracking some Red(state)skulls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
you are fuckin dead bro, your only hope is to e(v)ade up and hope you don't die in the next combat round. Once you're bleeding that heavily you need to haul rear end to the exit before you bleed out. After that hit up the clinic in the University District and let your dude recover.

As far as I can tell, baddies always go first in combat rounds. Take that into consideration when you're up against gang units, because they will wreck your poo poo.

joke_explainer

I never got this game. Is it an anti-liberal thing Tarn Adams has? Is the dude like super-libertarian or something and thinks liberals murder people? Or was it created out of his anger at conservatives? I didn't get very far either tho

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

SecurityDrone posted:

I never got this game. Is it an anti-liberal thing Tarn Adams has? Is the dude like super-libertarian or something and thinks liberals murder people? Or was it created out of his anger at conservatives? I didn't get very far either tho

It's basically a parody of the Fox News imaginary super-liberal. Lots of the jokes will make more sense if you force yourself to watch Fox News sometime.

Additionally, the game's interface sucks poo poo and is inconsistent in many places. Trial and error, I guess.

Eye of Widesauron

Frank Horrigan posted:

if you force yourself to watch Fox News sometime.

:suicide:

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
Another thing worth mentioning is dress for your location if you don't want to get into a fight. If you walk into city hall with a loving assault rifle and riot gear on, people will turn hostile almost immediately. Likewise, wearing a snazzy suit in the ghetto will draw attention too.

Also, the version you're running is really out of date and crashes a lot during elections. There's a link to the latest stable version on their wikidot page though: http://lcs.wikidot.com/

cuntman.net

name a guy after me

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Sleepy Owl posted:

name a guy after me

make sure he dies immediately though, it's a byob lp tradition

e: Another tip, use cheat engine. It's a lot more fun when you're not perpetually trapped in the bitch phase of the game. Everything is stored as 4 byte singles, money address location is static but skills move around.

Eye of Widesauron

Sleepy Owl posted:

name a guy after me

Bukowski

hammulder
that was a random screenie:ssh:

but i'm trying to figure this thing out

will post back once i have some folks recruited

i'm painfully dumb

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
run to the sweat shop, should be called textiles something or cloth or something along those lines in the Industrial district. Once you're there, find some sweatshop workers by themselves and liberate them. They'll instantly join your squad. Haul rear end to the exit, create a one-man squad, send him back to do the same thing.

Repeat until you've got all the active members you need. Train psychology on your LCS leader (NEVER send him on ops and NEVER keep him in the same place as your base of operations, if he goes down it's a game over) and use him to convert hostages.

circ dick soleil

by zen death robot
name one of your guys after me also

Bukowski

hammulder
Welp, I decided to head to an apartment building where I met a gang member who went by the name "Sleepy Owl"

I told him that the cops stink and he was more than happy to join me.

After stealing his television I left and went to some African textile factory. A guard was blocking my way, so I shot his nose off with an AK. After grabbing as many FREEDOM FIGHTERS as I could, I went to high tail it out of there.

Several security guards blocked the path and we managed to defeat them, Sleepy Owl getting shot twice in the stomach in the process.

Also, some dude got shot in the neck on the way out too, but whatever. Following evading the STUPID PIG COPS, I dropped these invalids off at the clinic.

and I brought the rest back to the homeless shelter where Widestancer made some nice trenchcoats.

unfortunately, happiness and peace were both short lived because after Widestancer joined good buddy circ dick soliel in trying to accumulate funding, the :cumpolice: showed up and took them both downtown for hookin'

who knows when these sluts will get out

Korean Boomhauer
lcs owns

circ dick soleil

by zen death robot
This is cool because I had a job soliciting donations but I quit today.

Bukowski

hammulder
i got a bunch of ppl to join me then i got arrested and sentenced to death

i am also tired of making effortposts whatever

:frogdowns:

:freakfuta:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Gnu

just get a printing press and write words until the hippies take over the world
just like the founding fathers wanted?

• Locked thread