Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

So i was at the card store yesterday looking through the dollar box. I was looking for a couple rares that fit the theme of my cube, which is going to be awesome btw.

Anyway, I was riffling through the box and this girl comes up next to me. I forgot to wear deodorant so I think my pheromones attracted her. The problem was that I wasn't done looking through the box and one of the cards she pulled out was one that I was looking for. I asked her if she mined as I was clearly there first.

She scoffed at me and said she pulled the card first. I told her that she probably even didn't play magic: the gathering and that she was there with her boyfriend. Anyway, she said something like I was a stupid nerd or something. I don't know if that was an insult because clearly I am a nerd.

When she wouldn't give me the card I said we should duel for the card. I pulled out my standard deck which I always keep handy for these situations. She told the clerk and they told me to leave.

I'm not sure what went wrong. Don't I have the right to duel someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Stupid nerd is a contradiction.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

This could have been a cute "how we met" story for the grandkids if you had just had the presence of mind to pull out your dick.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I witnessed this event first-hand and can confirm that you are the one at fault. There wasn't a certified Magic Judge in attendance, so you just looked like a drat fool requesting a duel without someone around to officiate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF5zFcmIrfU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
In my state's criminal code challenging someone to a duel or inciting someone to challenge another person to a duel is an offence with a penalty of 3 years imprisonment.

What I am saying is I am reporting you to the police OP.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
send her to the shadow realm.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

seizure later posted:

send her to the shadow realm.

guys I play magic: the gathering not some childrens game.

Dec 26, 2012

obstipator posted:

I witnessed this event first-hand and can confirm that you are the one at fault. There wasn't a certified Magic Judge in attendance, so you just looked like a drat fool requesting a duel without someone around to officiate.

for real? poo poo, op, this isnt looking good for you

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
did you or did you not scream mortal kombat

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
dueling is for just outside the capitol gates

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Otisburg posted:

This could have been a cute "how we met" story for the grandkids if you had just had the presence of mind to pull out your dick.

I suggest we duel for this.

*pulls out dick*

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

zen death robot posted:

Glad you asked OP, the reality is complex depending on the state you live in (assuming you are in the US) but typically it's bad to request a duel. Legally speaking in some states you have the so-called "Stand-Your-Ground" laws that protect you from being prosecuted if you felt as if you were being physically attacked and threatened by someone and you had a right to be there. The best thing to do in these situations is to not threaten anything but to use deadly force on your attacker and assert your (2nd Amendment ;) ) rights. Now some more liberal states will frown on this, so please check to see if these rights are properly protected where you live, apply for the proper "concealed carry" permits and make sure to scream a bit before firing just in case the family of the attacker is the type that will try to persecute you using the media.

Please keep in mind I am not a lawyer nor does this post act as a substitute for actual legal advice. You should always keep well-qualified legal representation on retainer in case a sudden need arises. God Bless America :911: :patriot:

i am a lawyer and my advice is go gently caress yourself op

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
why didn't you just grab another identical piece of cheap cardstock with the same cartoon on it?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, a duel can be initiated at any time or place. It's really only limited by the will of the prospective duelists, but my advice to you is to leave dueling as a last resort unless your game honor is on the line.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 16, 2014

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LaTex Fetish posted:

...I pulled out my standard deck...
probably only plays urza block or some other hipster trash

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

DDRD: I Pulled Out My Standard Deck

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Went back to the store today to try and clear every thing up..

They play legacy on mondays where I live so of course I brought my UR Delver deck that I found online. Had most of what I needed (old school player here) but had to dish out about $400 for 4x Forces. but its one of those things you do once and then you've got 'em, you know?

Anyway at the tournament today I walked in and the guy behind the counter asked to speak to me. He says that I would be allowed to play as long as I didnt do anything weird since that girl that stole my card was there. I told him that I all i did was challenge her to a duel but he wouldnt listen.

I walked up to her and saw that she was running some goblin deck?? I wanted to laugh but I was too confused. I think she heard me laughing under my breath (couldnt help it) and she asked me what my problem was. I told her that I was sorry (i wasn't) but I still think that card was mine.

about ten minutes later the match gets put up and guess what? I get to face her first. easy loving win, right?

so I go up to the table and sit down. she immediately pulls out the Grand Colliseum that I was trying to get. She says that whoever wins the match gets the card.

now I know at this point you're saying "but magic doesn't do ante cards anymore", but this was personal. my ajani goldmane notebook was already out. it was going down.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, a loving goblin deck! What kinda bitch n00b loser uses a goblin deck?!!! Kick that bitch's rear end OP. Kick it and receive what is rightfully yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

girls dont play magic

• Locked thread