Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

OK, this has got to stop.

Motherfuckers, you are typing words out. You can spell out 'you all'. Or just say 'everyone' or anything else. No one has to fake a loving dialect for their base or for anything else online. Who the gently caress even says that out loud anymore?

fake Texan spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I enjoy dunking on Austin as much as anyone but c'mon, there's good places everywhere if you bother to look. I like Tyson's Tacos.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

I dunno what do you spy?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Houston people compare their city to Dallas,

in that "Houston is better than Dallas," yes

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

zoux posted:

gently caress offfffff

What a way to find out I'm a hillbillly

Ah yes those Greater Appalachian cities, Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland, and Odessa.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I just remember the news being unable to shut up about John Tyler and “Cujo” in the 90s

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My wife works in Baytown and said something looked like it was on fire on her way home last night

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Dameius posted:

That poo poo is terminal.

I've donned the cowboy boots a few times when I was younger, hunting across a few hundred acres of back country on some guy's ranch. But never any other time.

The real question though is not whether you wear a cowboy hat with it, but if you go with the bolo tie.

A bolo tie is essential if you want to rock a sweet opal, turquoise, or other gemstone as a dude if you're not a ring guy.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Forrest4Trees/status/1227338366473134080

Briscoe Cain has a lot of kids for being 21 years old

Uh yeah that's what straight guys do, have lots of kids with their female wives!!!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

i say swears online posted:

Tulsi gabbard would be a better president than Bloomberg

Not for Muslims!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

This is tripping me out a bit

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Longview, (Colorado), Lubbock, Abilene, Midland, Houston. West Texas was ok but I like Houston.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
There were a ton of polling places near me in Galveston county, probably like 2/10 machines were occupied at any one time when I went, but it was in the morning.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
A Hispanic family friend would say, "Texas came to us." Doesn't stop shitheads from acting up though.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Two cases in Harris County now, reported as travel-related rather than community acquired.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Badger of Basra posted:

There was one British person in my undergrad program at UT and the next thing you know everyone was saying “flat” instead of apartment like it was normal. Ridiculous.

Cheers

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
What's the argument for Latinx when Hispanic is already gender-neutral?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

I'm going to shoot the virus with my AR-15.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Marxalot posted:

Apparently Harris county is shut down now. I still have not noticed any difference in traffic :v:

Galveston County too, to start at 11:59 tonight, though it sounds like it's basically what everyone's been recommending already:

Galveston Daily News posted:

Under the county’s order, residents may only leave their homes to seek medical care, pick up essential items such as food — for either humans or pets — or household supplies, participate in solitary outdoor recreational activities or to work at an essential business.

Essential businesses include banks and retailers such as grocery stores, gas stations and convenience stores, in addition to healthcare providers, news organizations, restaurants providing takeout, delivery and drive-through services.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Does angel dust make you more susceptible to the roni?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Tiger King is the best distillation of "Oklahoma" there is.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Sardonik posted:

All food is loving delicious, how could you be categorically against food? Each category has so much range, there's bound to be something somebody likes in each one.

Except yellow squash, gently caress anything with yellow squash in it.

I was about to bitch and moan that goons posting about food is the goddamn worst but then I read this post, shining like a Taco Bueno sign in Abilene twilight.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Nonsense posted:

Mesquite is the one true wood. Inshallah

Mesquite isn’t even Texan!!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I hope the spring semester starts back up soon so you can go back to scolding undergraduates.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

ReindeerF posted:

After trail running near Galveston yesterday I stopped by to grab some food at one of those coastal communities
You didn’t go to Tiki Island on purpose did you?

Also Kent Hance, that sumbitch is the reason Mike Leach left Texas Tech. He wanted a big new contract and Tech didn’t want to pay, so chancellor Hance and former ESPN commentator (and political hopeful) Craig James manufactured a controversy to get rid of him.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Marxalot posted:

I also find out on Nextdoor when the crossfit gym guys up the road are doing extra cardio by running through the neighborhood, because all the old rear end white people send loving APB phone alerts breathlessly warning about the urbans running in packs. Watch out! Be safe!

I have reported this information to the police.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Give me Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity or give me death!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Sardonik posted:

St. Edward's

Who???? :confused:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Mimicking doing a line of cocaine.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

D-Pad posted:

Austin specifically.

It's the only natural conclusion to the Californication of Austin.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Democratic Pirate posted:

Velvet taco is overpriced and overhyped thank you for coming to my ted talk

Velvet taco is fine but i'd rather go to Torchy's. Most legit taco place near me is La India Bonita in League City, little family-run place, cash only, has the best charro beans I've ever had.

Tacos agogo in midtown is pretty good, and Tacos El Bigote in Sugarland is great, get a Mexican coke, some pastor tacos, and watch Mexican soccer on the TV.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Casseroles

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Yeah the storm system was no joke. It threw my grill clear across the yard despite being weighed down with bricks. I really need to get a steel cable to tie it down. Got quarter sized hail and the rain was coming in almost parallel to the ground for a couple minutes.

I was afraid it was gonna blow down my new fence after the last storm blew down my old fence but the guys never put up anything today just piled poo poo in my yard.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

No one wants to admit that it's Lubbock

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Captain Monkey posted:

The Lexington is a fun overnight for a young teen group (our boy scout troop did it a couple times).

I was always jealous of scout troops that got to do this.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

FoolyCharged posted:

I still remember the talk we got as kids on why you don't run on the ship, especially the flight deck. "The deck is non skid, which means ig you fall your skin does not skid on it as the rest of you leaves it behind"

Its amazing how much smaller the bunks are sleeping in them as dad instead of kid though.

Also the average American was smaller in the 40s when they built her.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

saintonan posted:

I bolded the important part. Once the optics of hospitalizations get too bad, look for the goalposts to shift to deaths. We seem to be doing better at keeping people alive, and that will allow Abbott to continue the fiction of normalcy.

Can't keep people alive if there aren't any beds!!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Marxalot posted:

Oh cool, HEB is requiring masks now so I don't get side eye from angry boomers making a 7:15am political statement :v:

also score

I'm running dangerously low on Whataburger ketchup.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

FoolyCharged posted:

If the end result is we teach the kids something more useful than what a bunch of people with chlamydia looked like then this will be a good thing.

Not just sex education but basic health education is abysmal. We teach kids complex algebra but not what a gallbladder is.

Financial education too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Marxalot posted:

To be fair, Financial Education as it existed when I was in highschool was "Actually, Adjustable Rate Mortgages are the smart option for savvy investors! Your property will be worth far more than your loan is in 10 years!". I'm not sure I want kids learning that poo poo.

Fair enough, they'd probably just do Dave Ramsey.