Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
I was recently at a q&a rep with several Texas House members who are both Republican and both voted to impeach Ken Paxton.

Obviously some ppl asked them about the impeachment; and while they couldn't share much, they did share that the evidence is pretty damning.

Should be an interesting August assuming we all haven't burnt up to death by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
might as well be called the gently caress Lina Hidalgo bill

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux posted:

My man's out here killing groundwater districts

I don't think he's going to like where this ends up.

drat he shot a hostage

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
while he's shooting hostages maybe Greg should start shipping migrants to state legislators' houses

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
who said it was bad for abbott?

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux posted:

The long and short of it is he’s a maga faker, he’s trying to be a big swinging dick in the Trump mold but he ain’t that guy

Agreed but it's not like he's doing this in a vacuum.

He's betting on the maga voter not giving a poo poo about a single piece of legislative work if they don't get a property tax break from the massive budget surplus he's been touting all year.

He's also betting on the maga voter to punish their rep/senator for also being so wholly inept that they couldn't get a tax break passed in a government that holds R control at every level, and what does a maga voter love more than a faux strongman/bully?

idk it's all really loving stupid, and he definitely ain't that guy.

Jake Gittes fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 19, 2023

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
i think the best we can hope for us is some sort of manchurian candidate situation in which someone runs as a maga republican but then "surprise i'm a communist" when ze/hir gets to office.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
I hate the spurs but that song is going to be in my head for the rest of the weekend

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
I didn't realize (or just forgot) that Rick Perry was the governor for 15 years. I guess we're stuck with Greg for a while longer.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux posted:

People are going to find that Roland Gutierrez is a psycho

but is he the psycho we need to unseat ted?

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
yeah but i legit don't care about any of that if ted is gone

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
we're hosed for as long as people insist on voting against their own interests. ergo - we're hosed forever

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

i say swears online posted:

5-15 years until demographics surely become destiny

yeah i heard that 5-15 years ago too

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
i'd be curious to see a smilar chart for fajitas. el tiempo in houston is selling them for around $80/lb now.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
When does this all take effect? The 2024 tax year?

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Tell that to the red state ppl in Florida who can't get insurance.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/12/business/farmers-insurance-florida/index.html

poo poo's only going to get worse.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
I realize I'm probably preaching to the choir here but

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
the air put a protective coating of benzene over all his internal components

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
I would "o'doyle rules" myself off an overpass

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Chieves posted:

Yall are a bunch of grumps,

Yes

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
Uhoh.

Exclusive: Texas troopers told to push children into Rio Grande, deny water to migrants, records say https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/border-trooper-migrants-wire-18205076.php

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Jesus III posted:

I like how Reddit figures out every few years that Texas has beer barns. They're always so shocked.

i spent a lot of time in beer barns during COVID because social distancing you see

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
fajitas are a funny thing. usually i just prefer tacos, but when you've got some top 1% badass fajitas then a tortilla almost takes away from them

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
this is like some sort of reverse affirmative action where the new tamu president is guaranteed to be an old white dude

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
hey tamu - Tucker Carlson is available

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

The Bananana posted:

The schadenfreude second hand embarrassment of him being a&m president is not worth the actual damage he'll do making that school and its students worse worse worse

agree to disagree

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Jake Gittes posted:

hey tamu - Tucker Carlson is available

also I think glenn beck lives in the dfw area

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
Texas A&M President Resigns Amid Fallout Over Journalism Program https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/21/us/texas-a-m-president-resigns.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

quote:

“Apparently, no one knows who made the offer, no one knows how many offers were made, nobody knows who signed which offer, and nobody knows who read or wrote those offers,” said Raymundo Arróyave, an engineering professor. “Frankly, we look incompetent.”

lmao

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

This is an awesome suggestion - you rule.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

SlothfulCobra posted:

After the Houston ISD was taken over by the state government, it is now eliminating libraries in 85 schools (with plans to turn the rooms into detentions).

my man is just starting 85 breakfast clubs nbd

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Dameius posted:

When I-10 was under heavy construction around Orange it was always hairy as poo poo crossing over from Louisiana because the lanes were halved and shrunk and covered in dirt and some debris but absolutely no one slowed down.

check out this pussy who slowed down

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux posted:

loving ugh

on week 15 we riot

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
his daughter is carrying on the spite in his honor

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
in before the mass of replies re: choo choo train

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
lol if any of y'all think a bunch of heavily armed rednecks are gonna let a hypothetical nonexistent railroad company to eminent domain one square inch of their property

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
That poo poo gonna get maga'd asap

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

i say swears online posted:

a new park opened next door to me and within a week it was tagged with "N***** CUM"

that's my tag

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The only basements I've ever encountered in Texas belonged to rich guys who used them as gun vaults. One even had a 25 yard shooting range

seems odd to store things underground that aren't known to mix well with water

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
I've heard tump millions of times in the SETX area, and I use it myself. For context - I work in construction and am around suburban/rural/maga folks all day.

Jake Gittes fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

zoux posted:

Oh like "tump over" like to spill something out? Yeah I didn't realize that was a dialect word.

Reminds me of how I felt when I found out a "feeder" road is a Houston regional term. Blew my drat mind.