Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

is PseudoTV really crashy for anyone else? I can't seem to get it stable enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I think so, because I just bought an amazon tv today too from staples so far..i'm not really impressed, XBMC doesn't seem to play anything smoothly compared to my roku 2 with Plex. PseudoTV was the main reason I wanted it for the living room and that poo poo crashes all the time and there isn't a single non-convoluted guide to setting it up. I probably won't return it but just use Plex which I found out costs $4.99 on the amazon appstore...

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I did a reinstall of XBMC and it seems to have solved the problem of choppy playback, PseudoTV still crashes and the only other problem I have is videos repeating after they are done playing and I can't seem to find an option to turn that off on Aeon Nox

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TheAngryDrunk posted:

I doubt hotels are going to be okay with this if it catches on.

well it's not like you can't hook up a laptop or phone via hdmi right now either, i don't seem hotels really caring because you have to pay for WiFi in some places.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Got a January delivery date, I'm hoping for xbmc support I'm tired of my roku destroying my bandwidth for some reason

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Quid posted:

I'm having trouble understanding this sideloading stuff. I tried running the app and it connects to my Fire TV stick but it gives an error when I try to load XBMC. The error is "error: more than one device and emulator" or "error: protocol fault (status read)". Then says "-waiting for device-". I've tried googling the errors and get other people mentioning the issue but no solution. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Just grab spmc off the Amazon appstore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

so my Fire TV Box with SPMC just stopped playing video files all together, the fire stick in the bedroom is working fine, i've rebuilt the library but nothing successfully works, any suggestions?

• Locked thread