Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Nail Rat posted:

Washington FC
Seriously I would prefer this the majority of the names I've seen suggested, especially "Warriors" which I dread is what it's likely going to be changed to (loving ugh). Wouldn't mind Bullets either but that won't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
The Washington Clipse (VA beach is closer to DC than charlotte, I'm claiming 'em)

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

TubeStank posted:

Washington Redtails would actually be a way for them to honor Native Americans, plus have cool historical connection and keep the color scheme.
My understanding was that Redtails was a reference to African American airmen in WWII, not Native Americans? Either way I think people's attempts to make the new name "honor" Native Americans are really misguided and the best strategy would be to abandon any reference to it. If the team aims to do something good to honor Native Americans, they can do it by following through with the charity they set up, not making them a mascot.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Sash! posted:

Also kinda dumb because they have zero to do with Washington. Now, if Montgomery Alabama got a team...that'd be a good one.
Well I mean it's supposed to tie into black culture/Chocolate City, etc. and that doesn't really seem that discordant to me. If it weren't for Cleveland I'd advocate for the Washington (Chuck) Browns

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Eifert Posting posted:

DC Natives.

Have the logo be blank space.
Hahaha this is definitely the funniest suggestion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Sash! posted:

I'm honestly not sure which of the jokes this is
I was interpreting it as a play on the running joke in DC that nobody in DC is actually from DC, they all moved here for career reasons

• Locked thread