Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol look at this wimpy rear end goony motherfucker using bureaucracy instead of choking out a few words to another human

e: did you try to submit a Zendesk ticket and then get real huffy about having to hand-write a work request

"Hey. Do you mind if I use the squat rack? It's the only place I can do squats and you can do your curls right over there. I'll help you get the weights set up on that bar." has never failed me in fifteen years at the gym, but keep filing your complaints, internet weightlifting experts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

When I go to the gym I spend 90 minutes in the smith machine. First I'll do squats, then deadlifts, then calf lifts. Next I'll move on to do bench press, shrugs, reverse push ups, and back rows. After that I do military presses, pulls ups (I hang on the top bar), curls, skull crushers and close grip bench. Finally I'll finish doing hanging sit ups (I hang on the bar again).

I'll do 3 sets of each, changing weight after each set and on each different exercise. I take 60 second breaks between each set and additional time to adjust the bench, etc.

If anyone even comes close to the smith machine I mad dog them until they leave. Some guy asked me if I wanted to "work in" the other day and I told him I wasn't gay.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
using a smith machine is like wearing training wheels at whatever gay competitions cyclists do

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Twee as gently caress posted:

using a smith machine is like wearing training wheels at whatever gay competitions cyclists do

no it's not, it has its uses just like everything else.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
using there instead of their? you're worse than loving hitler. people who do curls in the squat rack don't even come close

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Shithouse Dave posted:

11am is the best time. The geriatrics are really supportive and it's easy to get a spot on the bench.

This but unironically. The best advice on form I get is always from the 50 year old dudes.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Twat McTwatterson posted:

in all seriousness the smith machine is poo poo and it's bad for you stop using it unless your like an actual bodybuilder (and youre not so stop)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

scalded schlong posted:

just go and do squats in the curl rack, OP

the clueless rear end in a top hat already is

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
lol look at all these idiots who work out

accept entropy and wither like nature intends

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

lol you got kicked out of YLLS so you're stuck responding to troll posts about working out in gbs?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
do calisthenics you pansies

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Gaunab posted:

do calisthenics you pansies

works for usher, and that dude's ripped

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
did i mention i have the gayest and most intense form of AIDS

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bigzak posted:

did i mention i have the gayest and most intense form of AIDS

You can poz some neg holes in the sauna at least. That is a good workout.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

yeah maybe if you're a fuckin twink or a girl who has no clue what they are doing

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
smith machines: not even once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHBLxCPmnVc

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
squatttssss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOtS40vceyM

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Seriously. Weight training is offered in every loving high school in America. How much of a bitch did you have to be to not take that over pretending to play tennis or whatever other bullshit they did in regular physical ed? Lifting the heavy things isn't loving rocket science. It's day one poo poo.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I bench press in the squat rack stop I don't drop poo poo on my head :dealwithit:

unless someone's there to spot. ....

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

BoonyPC posted:

I bench press in the squat rack stop I don't drop poo poo on my head :dealwithit:

thats what dumbbell press is for homie

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

lol why you benching over ur head aim for the sternum crush bro

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

BoonyPC posted:

your head? you have to have the shittiest form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

you irl posted:

curl dead lift huge gain flex extend bulk squat mass arms day

• Locked thread