Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
PYF neat, memorable and/or funny intros, outros and little intermissions often found on music albums. This is meant less about how good they are, and more about how they set up the mood, give context or structure, or are just neat on their own. "Secret" songs hidden in the last track after a long-rear end wait count as an outro for purposes of this thread, as much as I wish this gimmick dies forever.

To start things off:

Got My Shoes and My Tattoo opens an album by rock group Ścianka. It's a short and rather simple piece - I'd say it's a bit like dubstep in that it's just a build-up followed by an explosion of noise. Nice little thing just to get you pumped for rockin' with the rest of the CD. Yet at the end of the CD this same song is played as a meandering 12-minutes long psychedelish jam. It's probably not that original idea, but I found it pretty neat.

Electric Six album Senor Smoke has rather memorable off-kilter humorous intermissions.

The splendid Outrun Europa album contains a joke so dumb I can't help help but love it: since the album is called "Outrun Europa" and contains synth music subgenre called "Outrun", instead of intros et al there's "Inrun", "Interrun" and "Outrun". :haw:

I think intro to Blondie's Parallel Lines is really clever - it's like a bait and switch that makes the album hit the ground running, but it also makes perfect sense there rather than being just a gimmick distraction.

Leningrad's Хна is an album filled with ska-ish rock songs, only to suddenly switch into this outro. It's probably funnier when you understand lyrics, though. It's about getting shitfaced and spacing out of this gay earth. But written in a really charming way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
On Coldplay's Viva la Vida, the outro shares the same sounds as begin the intro so the whole album kinda loops, and I'll restrain myself from writing a bunch of bullshit reading too much deep meaning into the themes and meanings of a Coldplay album

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

you are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgzcpK9uWqs

• Locked thread