Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Yaaaay! Such cute little potatoes! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Have there been any more? :f5:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

She's a very happy good momma. Not worried about people handling them at all, just wants you to bring em back for more cleaning. She's cleaned their butts so far, they all have appeared to nurse already.

Yep we went and picked up carry out around 9 pm and checked on her at 10 something after starting eaten and she had two more girls, surprise!!

They were the smallest and the largest of the litter respectively, and pretty unique

Sparkler

Independence
Has brown-black spots on eyes and at the base of her tail like Ginnie has a black one.

Pretty sure she's done at 7! 5 girls 2 boys, I really didn't have to do anything for her except wash and dry sheets over and over. It was about 12 hours after I first saw discharge and we'd been watching her like a hawk, we hadn't notice any contractions in her leading up to any of them she just suddenly stood up and squatted a little and PEW!. For each pup she just had one strong one and she groaned and they each shot out and I'm fairly sure she has eaten all the placentas. Pro status! Let her out to pee, then set her up in bed with a pillow a clean fleece blanket and a warm water bottle in a pillowcase. She has free access to food and water in there.

Rocket, big boy, sucking on little girl Liberty's ear

girl, Firecracker

boy, stripe

star, girl who looks a lot like my 1 year old pup Trixie

seven fireworks!

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 5, 2014

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Sparkler is my favorite oh my gosh. They're all so cute! Glad to hear they're doing well. :3:

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Soooo cute! I can't wait to see what they look like as they get bigger. I also dig Sparkler, her pattern is so pretty!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SchrodingersFish posted:

Loving this!!!! Will be stalking this thread on my phone from my campsite tonight, hopefully I have service!!

Other name ideas:
Lewis and Clark
Sacajawea
Susan B Anthony (Susie for short)
Rosa Parks (Rosie for short)
MLK
Harriet Tubman
Turkey ( that's what Ben Franklin wanted our mascot to be rather than the bald eagle)
Pilgrim
Lincoln

I'm going for the general patriotic theme here, rather than 4th of July.

Edit: thought of more
Mark twain
Eleanor Roosevelt ( trying to get more girl names in here)
Flash ( fireworks)
Sparkle

I think you mean Rosa Barks, not that it matters.

Those little goobers are SO CUTE

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

They are all so cute :3: I like Sparkler but Firecracker's patch is adorable. I can't wait until a few weeks from now when they start moving around and we all die from cuteness overload.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I am very happy to see that everything went well!

PUPPIES

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

Fantastic pics! And thanks so much for the updates!

:3: :3:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Boooorn on the 4th of July!

SHAMALAN TWIST: You're secretly british.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Independence and Sparkler's butt

Sparkler and independence's butt!

Puppy pile!

A good mama

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Okay I am changing my favorite. I adore Independence's booty spot :3

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
In this thread, I was proud to be an American. Congratulations, pizzadog!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
You're good people PizzaDog :3: saved momma AND the pups, and get to have that big happy face and 7 little fat tater bellies around. Congrats!

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Awwww great job mommadog :3:

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Good job Mummy dog!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

This litter is the most patriotic thing I've done in a real long time.

I've brought you here now it's time for you all to die of cuteness, for they are milkdrunk

Boy named Stripe

Independence's lovely eye patch

Liberty on Independence

Firecracker

I got some goat milk to supplement the smallest one Sparkler cuz she's the only one that has lost significant weight and I couldn't get her to take a teat. she sucked really hard on my finger and I leaked the goat milk formula in the side and she got a stache

Hopefully you can see the white markings on her toes, tip of tail, very cute.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 6, 2014

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

pizzadog posted:

I got some goat milk to supplement the smallest one Sparkler cuz she's the only one that has lost significant weight and I couldn't get her to take a teat. she sucked really hard on my finger and I leaked the goat milk formula in the side and she got a stache

If there's any way you can get puppy formula and a bottle that would be better than goat's milk.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Dr. Chaco posted:

If there's any way you can get puppy formula and a bottle that would be better than goat's milk.

It's goat's milk esbilac which my mom (vet) and the rescue said is the best thing for em.

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005

pizzadog posted:

It's goat's milk esbilac which my mom (vet) and the rescue said is the best thing for em.

Ah, ok that makes more sense (puppy formula vs straight milk). I usually use Esbilac, but I did not know there was a goat's milk version of it--looks like the same nutritional values as regular Esbilac, but made with goat milk instead of component proteins and fats.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Those sure are some adorable potatoes you've got there. Here's hoping for the little one. :ohdear:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Good news is this morning all their weights were up, and Sparkler latched on to momma so got some colostrum finally. Didn't have to supplement any esbilac today. :woop:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Plz enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSPO3qdx5iQ

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

You are a very dedicated new-puppy and new-mother owner and I salute you.

If those were human babies, I'd be a bit worried about their managing to strangle themselves with the yarn strings -- there are pretty rigid laws now about clothing not having strings and so on. Might you consider food-coloring splashes, or is this not a problem for puppies?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You are a very dedicated new-puppy and new-mother owner and I salute you.

If those were human babies, I'd be a bit worried about their managing to strangle themselves with the yarn strings -- there are pretty rigid laws now about clothing not having strings and so on. Might you consider food-coloring splashes, or is this not a problem for puppies?

Never heard of it being a problem it's commonplace for litters with very similar looking pups. So far if anything they just stretch it out then get one of their arms under it, but its not too tight. But I probably won't do it for much longer I'm getting to know them well.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
Oh god, that video. You are the best foster mommy and congrats to mommadog.

I love the squidgey potato noises and the little legs and feets and noses and bellys and aaaaaagh. :love:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Google made me this! How nice of you google

Also maybe this works, it's a 'Story' google+ built and I shared it publicly: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+emilyfeldman/posts/g21617peJQw

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Oh my goodness. I would kiss those pink noses and toes all day!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

I gave them all a kiss before I went to work this morning, it was lovely. Then momma was busy pigging out on breakfast so I had one hungry pup in each hand sucking my pointer fingers.

Heeelp I've fallen and I can't get up!

(they did squirm themselves rightside up but they were asleep like this when I came in)

Then i was letting my other foster dog outside and ginnie was jealous (and protective) and peeked through my broken screen I WONDER HOW THIS SCREEN GOT BROKEN IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE DOG WHOSE CLAWS REACH RIGHT OVER THAT LEDGE

e: oh pics I didn't post here yesterday of babies being full and sleepy

As of yesterday they've all gained 20-25% off their birth weight in 4 days, hurrah.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 9, 2014

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

look at the little tongues sticking out!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The america-est of cute.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
Their toes seem too pink to be real :3:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

So pink and soft and muzzles so fuzzy and squishy :3:

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
They're lovely :3:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
So patriotic :kimchi:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
It's doing a little hula dance!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Haha that makes that picture even cuter...

Fat n sleepy last night

yawwwn

I was holding Rocket and Ginnie came to clean him so he peed all over me, thx mom

so much tongue from stripe

Sparkler is gettin' realllly cute black freckles on her pink toes and nose.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 11, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
How long until they start peeping?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I am stupidly, ridiculously excited for them to transition from 'dog larva' to 'small dogs'

Dog larva are adorable too though :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

How long until they start peeping?

They sound like guinea pigs now, or do you mean open their eyes?
I hope any day now!

I just changed their bedding and washed a shitload of bedding by hand cuz my washer broke and a new one is comingon tuseday and then i mopped in their room and omg i just wanted to crawl into their tub and nap with them after

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 12, 2014

• Locked thread