Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

pizzadog posted:

Visit to a potential adoptive home today, cross your paws for him. The adoptive momma lady is a brain cancer survivor, she has a kid with autism from a divorce and just got remarried. I love 'em and she loves him so much already. He's her little soulmate she nicknamed him dimple already and all the kids spent their allowance money on buying him toys.
It sounds like he's going to a wonderful home :unsmith: I hope the rest of them find people who are just as lovely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanpantstic
Jul 30, 2010

inner breathlessness
outer restlessness
:swoon: Puppies!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The puppies look like they are approaching Peak Cuteness.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Please keep Rocket's hopeful new family in your thoughts, the really sweet lady is going through some tough times, I'm hoping she'll still be able to take Rocket, she's in love with him and he'll be so happy with her kids and her too... crossing fingers

Sorry I've been bad at reposting photos here, I post so many on facebook

Here is Ginnie being an adorable seal

I woke them up last night from being very cute

well those two didn't wake up

lol Liberty

rocket

Star

Stripe

Puppies found leaves

Good momma Ginnie

Liberty's eyebrow is getting more expressive

omg toys

twinsies

Stripe being a Bat

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 19, 2014

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

pizzadog posted:

Liberty's eyebrow is getting more expressive

Hahaha she looks like K.K. Slider :3:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

eating only apples posted:

Hahaha she looks like K.K. Slider :3:

Totally already her nickname haha, and now I have a great idea for a fun video!

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
How are the babies doing?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Kk libber: http://youtu.be/UmxsyuNkn8o

They're 7 weeks now and ROCKET went to his new home like 14 minutes from my house and everybody is just so happy, and he's such an angel and doing great in his crate and peeing outside and he's just the love of their life right now
:-)

Now named Phil.

Ginnie's tolerant of them but obviously over the babies. She jumps out of the pen when I leave the room, like 3 feet onto the top of her crate. They still try to nurse though I'm pretty sure that's a lost cause. She's patients but she just wants some alone mommies-only love and nap time haha.

I let the puppies run around the house today and play with my dogs and see the cat and the smallest two babies sparkler and star are just the fastest most excited and dog loving playful and submissive babies. Independence lines to jump at faces. Stripe is very calm. Firecracker is cautious and worried, slightly nervous.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 24, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Isn't it really early to be giving them away?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

The rescue said it was allright, they're 7 weeks and 8weeks is customary, and they've been newspaper potty trained and weaned for weeks. In one week I'm going to take them all to get their first shots and they've had all their dewormings weekly already.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

It is. Regardless of what the rescue says.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It is. Regardless of what the rescue says.

From what I know separating them from 7-9 weeks of age is completely normal, so is it really early? No. Is it on the early side of normal? yes but these pups decided to eat normal hard puppy kibble at 5 weeks, so they've been weaned, and they've been well socialized with people and each other, they're not needy for each other or mom, so I/we think it's fine. He's settling in insanely well so it's all good.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

pizzadog posted:

From what I know separating them from 7-9 weeks of age is completely normal, so is it really early? No. Is it on the early side of normal? yes but these pups decided to eat normal hard puppy kibble at 5 weeks, so they've been weaned, and they've been well socialized with people and each other, they're not needy for each other or mom, so I/we think it's fine. He's settling in insanely well so it's all good.

8 weeks is the minimum any decent vet will recommend. 12's like, premium level. Weaning has nothing to do with it. I don't care what you think. Dude asked a question so I answered it for him.

On the other hand, it's a week and I don't really care but ask a question get an answer.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
7 weeks is pretty young but then I got Suzy at like 4.5 weeks due to reasons and she turned out ok so i guess ~it's all in how you raise them~

:smugdog:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

7 weeks is pretty young but then I got Suzy at like 4.5 weeks due to reasons and she turned out ok so i guess ~it's all in how you raise them~

:smugdog:

I've been saying this about pits for years and nobody will ever listen. DA is just a myth.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've been saying this about pits for years and nobody will ever listen. DA is just a myth.

What is DA?

Here's an example of how adorable the puppies were at midnight last night:

Also here's how adorable my non foster pitty pup was beings last night:

She had a tiring day full of training and learning yesterday and showed much improvement, and she hasn't cuddled with me like this since she was like 6 months old!!!

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 27, 2014

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

DA is dog aggression and puppies should stay with their mom and litter mates for 12 weeks to develop social skills.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I don't want to beat her up too much. Yes, there is absolutely a good reason to keep pups with their momma until 8 weeks or even beyond, but she got a pitbull puppy adopted with a nice family. In my area, those pibble babies would never have made it as their momma would have been euthanized immediately at the shelter. Lets all enjoy the happy ending for Rocket.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Trilineatus posted:

I don't want to beat her up too much. Yes, there is absolutely a good reason to keep pups with their momma until 8 weeks or even beyond, but she got a pitbull puppy adopted with a nice family. In my area, those pibble babies would never have made it as their momma would have been euthanized immediately at the shelter. Lets all enjoy the happy ending for Rocket.

I agree. What's done is done. She knows for the future

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Mom and pups are leaving tomorrow for Wisconsin :qq:

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Take plenty of pictures! Thank you for sharing your puppy adventure!

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Thanks for following along with me, from emaciated stray dog with bronchitis to a healthy fat hippo going into labor on fourth of july in my garage and stealing my sleeping bag and from blind potatoes to the cutest sacks of poop and pee with razor sharp claws. Brb shaking and crying.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 4, 2014

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Thank you for (A) rescuing and (B) photographing for us.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

You've done a great thing pizzadog. I hope mom and all the puppies live happily ever after.

biggest platypus
Mar 10, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. I've enjoyed all of it so much! The puppies are such cuties (as is Ginnie, swoon) - I hope they all end up in amazing homes soon.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

D'AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW.

You have a looot of self control not to keep one.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Thanks all. The only reason I'm not crying all day is last pup is with me til tomorrow, going home to Portland with a forums user friend :3:

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

The rest of the pups and mom made it safely to Wisconsin and are being loved and cared for by the rescue's director. She agrees Ginnie is such a doll.

Sparkler, now Scout, is in Portland and attending puppy play group where everybody loves her, and I'm puppysitting Phil (fka Rocket) for one night :3:

I feel like he's HUGE for 9.5 weeks, hes definitely the biggest in the litter, he might be about 15# right now. That ear on the left PRICKS UP PERMANENTLY NOW it's the CUTEST EVER. My 1 year old pit Trixie looooves playing with him, they have matching playstyles - and compared to some of the other puppies, he's relatively mellow, he chews on his toys only, he comes when he's called, pees outside, sleeps in his crate...

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 10, 2014

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Scout is pretty cool, pees outside also. She only weighs 5 pounds, crazy that he is 15!

Scout and my cat Atticus

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

In case anybody is still reading this thread, Ginnie got a forever home on a farm in Wisconsin with a human big sister and and furry big brother and of course a mom and dad she love cuddling with all of them. she was a foster failure she just got along so well they're keeping her. Happy farm life Ginn-ginn!!

5 of 7 of the pups are now in their forever homes as well, Independence is living with a Wisconsin veterinary and his wife, Star is now named Nova and is the light of her hipster mom and pop's eyes, and has a cat sister, and Stripe was a foster failure with his family as well.

(Nova)

Firecracker is still in foster they call her Annie, and she loves cuddling with all her fellow foster puppies which I think are from two other rescued litters haha

Liberty's foster family is calling her Lily and it's beyond me how she's not got a home yet!

According to her foster mom she loves swimming playing in the park with other dogs and asking nicely for attention and kisses :3:

My mother (vet) thinks it's likely that the smaller puppies (the black and brown ones) could be fathered by a dachshund or doxi mix, with their ankle structure and they're HALF the weight of the white pups now at 3 months.

All the happy endings and seeing these babies grow up and have a chance to live happily ever after really makes it all worth it. Rescue/foster/spay/neuter/kiss all the puppies, everybody :kimchi:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Happy puppy story! :3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gingin gonna spend the rest of her life makin soft oinky noises and bein fat. Good dog.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

Scout (Sparkler) is super awesome, thanks pizzadog.

The Light Eternal fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 13, 2014

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Might want to edit your address out of that pic, bro.

Also hi you live in my old neighborhood.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

Radio! posted:

Might want to edit your address out of that pic, bro.

Also hi you live in my old neighborhood.

Why you gotta be creepy and zoom in on the tag?

Edit: I'm a dumbass, didn't realize the insane table breakage. Sorry!

The Light Eternal fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 26, 2014

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Aw no, I didn't mean to be creepy but your pictures are super huge so the address was pretty clear. :(

Your puppy is very cute in any case.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Light Eternal posted:

Why you gotta be creepy and zoom in on the tag?

Your picture is breaking tables faster than a WWE wrestler on cocaine, you could seriously read it just by scrolling past it.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I believe we need an ongoing epilogue for this story. MORE PUPPY.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

That's what I get for using SA on my phone. Hopefully that fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Light Eternal posted:

That's what I get for using SA on my phone. Hopefully that fixed it.

Well that and an apology to radio for assuming that radio is a creeper :colbert:

(yeah but no I always double check that stuff because it always ends up being literally enormous)

• Locked thread