Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Puppies really can only live outside mom if they're within 1-2 days of being born. Premature born pups don't live like premature people do because vets don't have the training, equipment, or research in premature management that human medicine has.

"Spayborts" though, as they are called, are controversial among vets (much more so among lay people) - some refuse to perform abortions on ethical and moral grounds, some feel that bringing another 4-10 puppies into a society with animal overcrowding is wrong on ethical and moral grounds. It is very humane for the puppies luckily, as they are anesthetized and without functioning metabolisms they don't clear anesthetic agents, and so as long as they are left within the uterus and removed all together, they simply don't wake up. On the mom though, it is more risky for exactly the reasons you posted. Since you are a foster though, it is all the shelter's decision anyway.

I think I can see 8 in there.

I am rather intrigued about her conception date though. She got knocked up either right before being admitted, or, since sometimes shelter animals "interact" with one another, I'm wondering if something could've happened there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

It's less seeing the skulls clearly and more that on the lateral (the one you put the numbers on going up to 6) the area just to the left of the ones furthest left looks like it has some skeletal structures that I can't really connect to the easily seen skulls. With all the ingesta going on and the size of the area that is suspicious, two could fit in there.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Yeah, usually they don't make milk super early.

Make sure you have a good mop.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Everyone always forgets the most patriotic of names:

Reagan
Nixon
McCarthy
Jackson, "Stony" for short
Dubya

:911: :freep: :patriot:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I am very happy to see that everything went well!

PUPPIES

• Locked thread