Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

KPB and Muntari have been sent home from the world cup

Aren't they two of Ghana's best players? What the gently caress happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
gently caress knows but the Ghana FA sent the $3m they were paying the players with in cash on a plane yesterday because the players didn't trust the FA otherwise

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

vyelkin posted:

Manager related disagreements (Kevin-Prince didn't like not playing against the US from the start).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Healbot posted:

Manager related disagreements (Kevin-Prince didn't like not playing against the US from the start).

Well, clearly the best solution is for him to go home so that he can't play against Portugal at all. Common sense.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

vyelkin posted:

Well, clearly the best solution is for him to go home so that he can't play against Portugal at all. Common sense.

I don't think the impetus came from him, the manager sent both guys home.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
USMNT is going to beat the poo poo out of Germany and bring it home, boys.

I love football every four years :911:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

How are u posted:

USMNT is going to beat the poo poo out of Germany and bring it home, boys.

I love football every four years :911:

you wouldn't know what to do with it if you did get it.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

wait 5 years then like it ironically

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Muntari and Boateng being sent off confirmed by Ghana FA:

quote:

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has approved coach Kwesi Appiah’s decision to suspend Kevin-Prince Boateng indefinitely from the Black Stars. The decision takes immediate effect. The decision was taken following Boateng’s vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team’s training session in Maceio this week. Boateng has since showed no remorse for his actions which has resulted in the decision. Boateng’s accreditation for the 2014 World Cup has been withdrawn with immediate effect.

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has suspended Sulley Ali Muntari indefinitely from the Black Stars with immediate effect. The decision was taken in the wake of his unprovoked physical attack on an Executive Committee member of the GFA and a management member of the Black Stars, Mr Moses Armah on Tuesday 24th June, 2014 during a meeting. Muntari’s accreditation for the 2014 World Cup has been withdrawn with immediate effect.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

I heard something about Muntari threatening Ghanaian FA officials with a broken bottle but that might have just been some fanfiction I wrote.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/484948/Ghana-to-SEND-HOME-Kevin-Prince-Boateng-and-Sulley-Muntari-from-World-Cup

haha this is loving ridiculous, also match fixing

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Odds on a Germany - USA draw are over 2/1 right now, easy money tbh. We're gonna act like we're trying for about 20 minutes and then a draw will be mutually agreed upon because Löw doesn't have the stones to send Klinsmann home.

Prepare for more US shitposts until Belgium eliminates them I guess.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

nice meltdown

So Portugal might actually get a result against them ?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The Portugeese are Ghana love that!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Pand posted:

nice meltdown

So Portugal might actually get a result against them ?

Not that Muntari or KPB actually did much good in their first two matches, but I'd say this definitely hurts Ghana's chances to get a result against Portugal.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGeZxgatmRs

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

lol

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

MUSST try harder

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Hulk Hogan is a massive shite oval office

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I cant find the ghana thread but this owns lol

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-scourge-of-modern-football-ghanas-john-boye-snapped-kissing-his-share-of-the-3-million/

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Sensing a lot of spiteful euro jealousy of American Exceptionalism itt.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

this world cup :allears:

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Pand posted:

this world cup :allears:

haha

There's a video too:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...a-brasilia.html

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

fffff I was rooting for Ghana to go through but gently caress this poo poo side with a poo poo association and rear end in a top hat players.... Oh....

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

Sensing a lot of spiteful euro jealousy of American Exceptionalism itt.

i'm a big fan of the deuce and i hope he does some banging g's

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

smelly cabin filter posted:

Hulk Hogan is a massive shite oval office

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

hes no hacksaw jim duggan :colbert:

hulk hogan would never get caught smoking weed with the iron sheik becuse hes a loving fail rear end bitch

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'll take it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Refchat

USA x Germany
Ref: Ravshan IRMATOV (UZB)
AR1: Abduxamidullo RASULOV (UZB)
AR2: Bakhadyr KOCHKAROV (KGZ)

I... there are no words. How this man continues to get matches is nothing short of baffling to me. He was generally bad in Switzerland x Ecuador (missed a big Critical Match Incident), but The Advantage of The Tournament probably saved his bacon. He was even worse in Croatia x Mexico, where he missed at least one CMI again. It seems like FIFA is saying "It's okay to not get CMIs right just as long as you don't change the result." He was also the one in the Confederations Cup to blow his whistle for a PK, only for the ball to go in the net a second later and he decided "Eh, good enough, I'll just give a goal." I guess FIFA loves him and he can do no wrong. This will be 8 world cup matches total (tied for the record) for him and he's age eligible for the next Cup I believe so watch him get a final at one of the two.

Portugal x Ghana
Ref: Nawaf SHUKRALLA (BHR)
AR1: Yaser TULEFAT (BHR)
AR2: Ebrahim SALEH (BHR)

It looked for a little while like Shukralla wasn't going to get any matches with his first match not coming until Australia faced off against Spain in a completely meaningless match. Apparently he did fine (lol if anyone watched that instead of Netherlands x Chile) because three days later he has this match which could actually mean something.

South Korea x Belgium:
Ref: Benjamin WILLIAMS (AUS)
AR1: Matthew CREAM (AUS)
AR2: Hakan ANAZ (AUS)

He had Honduras x Ecuador as his first match this Cup. I don't really remember it so that could mean anything.

Algeria x Russia
Ref: Cuneyt CAKIR (TUR)
AR1: Bahattin DURAN (TUR)
AR2: Tarik ONGUN (TUR)

Had Brazil x Mexico. While I can't confirm this, I know a few referees that I am reasonably sure know Cakir and they all told me independently that FIFA was pleased with how his first match went. Whether they were just sticking up for their buddy or they actually talked to him (and then on top of that he told them the truth), who will ever know. I thought he was fine but I was also working during the match

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

chaoslord posted:

Refchat

USA x Germany
Ref: Ravshan IRMATOV (UZB)
AR1: Abduxamidullo RASULOV (UZB)
AR2: Bakhadyr KOCHKAROV (KGZ)

I... there are no words. How this man continues to get matches is nothing short of baffling to me. He was generally bad in Switzerland x Ecuador (missed a big Critical Match Incident), but The Advantage of The Tournament probably saved his bacon. He was even worse in Croatia x Mexico, where he missed at least one CMI again. It seems like FIFA is saying "It's okay to not get CMIs right just as long as you don't change the result." He was also the one in the Confederations Cup to blow his whistle for a PK, only for the ball to go in the net a second later and he decided "Eh, good enough, I'll just give a goal." I guess FIFA loves him and he can do no wrong. This will be 8 world cup matches total (tied for the record) for him and he's age eligible for the next Cup I believe so watch him get a final at one of the two.

Portugal x Ghana
Ref: Nawaf SHUKRALLA (BHR)
AR1: Yaser TULEFAT (BHR)
AR2: Ebrahim SALEH (BHR)

It looked for a little while like Shukralla wasn't going to get any matches with his first match not coming until Australia faced off against Spain in a completely meaningless match. Apparently he did fine (lol if anyone watched that instead of Netherlands x Chile) because three days later he has this match which could actually mean something.

South Korea x Belgium:
Ref: Benjamin WILLIAMS (AUS)
AR1: Matthew CREAM (AUS)
AR2: Hakan ANAZ (AUS)

He had Honduras x Ecuador as his first match this Cup. I don't really remember it so that could mean anything.

Algeria x Russia
Ref: Cuneyt CAKIR (TUR)
AR1: Bahattin DURAN (TUR)
AR2: Tarik ONGUN (TUR)

Had Brazil x Mexico. While I can't confirm this, I know a few referees that I am reasonably sure know Cakir and they all told me independently that FIFA was pleased with how his first match went. Whether they were just sticking up for their buddy or they actually talked to him (and then on top of that he told them the truth), who will ever know. I thought he was fine but I was also working during the match

I had a Critical Match Incident with yer mam last night

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

okay germany will still win but gently caress all y'all

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cakir is the best ref at this World Cup by a fair margin imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its pretty wet in Recife today where Germany/USA are playing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dunban posted:

I had a Critical Match Incident with yer mam last night

Well, my dad died Monday, I guess it's time for her to move on

Healbot posted:

Cakir is the best ref at this World Cup by a fair margin imo.

If not #1, he's definitely up there. FWIW, those same people told me Geiger and...freak...umm... It'll come to me. Anyway, the top 3 so far had been Cakir, Geiger, and someone else that I can't remember. But that was nearly a week ago so who knows how the last few days of games have changed things. And, of course, who knows how true it is from them.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 26, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

:godwinning:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am losing it over that picture of the Ghanaian player kissing his money.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
hulk hogan, biting, millions of dollars being flown across the pacific on a plane, this world cup owns

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

I expect this thread to be the one that crashes the newly rebuilt forums, especially once USA goes down 3-0. We will do our best to bring live updates from the Hereford FIFA Fan Zone as the day progresses, but we are expecting technical difficulties.

[PLACEHOLDER FOR LINEUPS AS THEY ARE POSTED]

The joke is on you, USA is the 'home' team so those 3 goals would be ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

The joke is on you, USA is the 'home' team so those 3 goals would be ours.

home team, more like homo team because they are gay (as a pejorative)

• Locked thread