Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
why yes i'd love to listen to four dudes lamely try to outfunny each other for three hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
uhh yeah dude

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
podcasts are nowhere near as hgood as dis thread

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
how is that any gayer than radio

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like the Cracked podcast and the Doug Stanhope podcast, they're pretty funny. The Cracked one is also often interesting.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

butplug accident posted:

how is that any gayer than radio

sometimes they play music on the radio, and sometimes it's good

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
They're kinda nice if you're pathetically lonely

Sorta feels like you've got a group of friends in the next room, shootin' the poo poo about HP Lovecraft or Roman history or something

Diet Sodium
Apr 29, 2009

Listen to this man. He is a doctor for god sakes

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

your description betrays that you've listened only to video game podcasts

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Absalom Baird posted:

Sorta feels like you've got a group of friends in the next room, shootin' the poo poo about HP Lovecraft or Roman history or something

that's the only reason people watch let's plays too

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Sir John Feelgood posted:

your description betrays that you've listened only to video game podcasts

worse -- comedian podcasts

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
the flop house

nerd poker

walking the room

hardcore history

sawbones

tgese are good podcasts

sorry if you don't like things other than these forums that help make the workday easier to get through

you loving idiot

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

what's up with goons hating all forms of entertainment now? do goons just sit in gray rooms posting all day? when did this become a thing? jesus christ shut up about video games and cartoons and poo poo being bad who caaaaressss you boring fucks

edit: you can still hate on anime tho, that's fine

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Absalom Baird posted:

ah yes, only pathetically lonely people listen to podcasts. unrelated, but are you autistic?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I never understood how podcasts were different than any other streaming audio on the internet

is it because Apple?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Yaoi Mandel posted:

ah yes, only pathetically lonely people listen to podcasts. unrelated, but are you autistic?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
dude neil degrasse tyson has a podcast

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Quirks and Quarks is on summer hiatus. :smith:

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
joey diaz ois funny as h*ck

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Hardcore history can be pretty good.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was in Portland, OR a few weeks ago and my friends and I were drinking in our hotel room, hungover and watching a nearby parade. I sat by the window and described said parade in very matter of fact, yet apparently comical terms but the people lying on the bed that could not see the parade. They told me I should travel around Canada and Americaland, describing parades in a podcast for the people at home.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 27, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Charles Bukowski posted:

I was in Portland, OR a few weeks ago and my friends and I were drinking in our hotel room, hungover and watching a nearby parade. I sat by the window and described said parade in very matter of fact, yet apparently comical terms but the people lying on the bed that could not see the parade. They told me I should travel around Canada and Americaland, describing parades in a podcast for the people at home.

well let's hear an example Mr Keillor

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

the flop house

The Flophouse posted:

Elliott Kalan, Dan McCoy, and Stuart Wellington are friends who’ve decided to express that friendship not by doing productive or enjoyable things, but instead by watching critical or commercial flops, and then discussing those terrible movies for you to enjoy in your ear-holes. Although, honestly, most of the time they just talk about random bullshit.

why on earth would you subject yourself to that?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
uhh ever heard of history of rome or history of the crusades?! you need to broaden your horizons a bit, the ignorance in the op is just stunning

lfield
May 10, 2008
the history of rome podcast is great

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

baw posted:

uhh ever heard of history of rome or history of the crusades?! you need to broaden your horizons a bit, the ignorance in the op is just stunning

poo poo I just finished the history of rome and now you gave a new podcast to listen too! :aaa:

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

genghis.khan posted:

Hardcore history can be pretty good.

I use it as a sleep aid lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lfield posted:

the history of rome podcast is great

lfield
May 10, 2008
& he's in the middle of a new series about revolutions, & that is good too

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

what's up with goons hating all forms of entertainment now? do goons just sit in gray rooms posting all day? when did this become a thing? jesus christ shut up about video games and cartoons and poo poo being bad who caaaaressss you boring fucks

edit: you can still hate on anime tho, that's fine

haven't you heard? feeling positively or even caring about a thing makes you a massive loser

anyways sawbones and the f plus are both good podcasts that I have learned a lot from

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i like a pod cast

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Lawman 0 posted:

poo poo I just finished the history of rome and now you gave a new podcast to listen too! :aaa:

there is also history of byzantium by some other guy and he picks up where mike left off but i havent listened to it

the crusades one is great tho and the creator is from tazmania

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
topics is pretty funny

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Does iTunes U count as Podcasts if you aren't actually taking the courses?

(These people have doctorates and can't figure out the basics of recording decent audio, which isn't that expensive or difficult to do.)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
earless, i listen to no podcaster

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Orkin Mang posted:

earless, i listen to no podcaster

I have nothing to say but I must post

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Hwbrgdtse posted:

why on earth would you subject yourself to that?

because it's entertaining and funny?

unlike your posts

(jk man we cool)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i've heard a few and some of them are good. the cracked ones suck a bit though. theyre super long and the hosts are a bit retarded and all sound alike. peace out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I like the Cracked podcast and the Doug Stanhope podcast, they're pretty funny. The Cracked one is also often interesting.

david wong is a insane bitch baby

• Locked thread