Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The vagina tattooed on my forehead isn't intimidating enough.

What if we tattoo an rear end in a top hat right below it?

Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Props on the new thread title, which I agree with unironically, because Legend of Korra is far too good to be sandwiched between Sam & Cat and Full House.

Sam and Cat is(was) the most popular show on Nickelodeon. Putting Korra next to S&C is like CBS putting anything next to The Big Bang Theory. If Korra couldn't perform next to S&C, its no wonder Nick was so hasty to cancel it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

If I had to level a guess at why no one loving watches it on Nick? The female protagonist.

Obviously.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Or maybe, just maybe, that despite having a female protagonist, Korra is still a boy's show being aired on a girl-heavy night.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

And for some reason the live fanblog I'm following is posting unmarked spoilers about the episode that's airing tonight.

Good thing you're my authoritative source of Korra news or I'd be pretty upset right now.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I'd say the season 1 finale is the series' turning point, but in all honestly, the series doesn't hit its stride until part way through season 2.

edit: talking about Last Airbender

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Wasn't S2 greenlit in the middle of S1? and the same with S2 and S3-4? Now that they know they have more seasons to work with, I think the pacing and writing is really hitting its stride.

Nope. Seasons 2-4 were greenlit at the same time. The writers just hosed up last year.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
You can't say that without posting the PMs.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its amazing how much goons love Varrick considering how he's essentially a Howard Roark-esque character living by and preaching an Objectivist philosophy.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

TheModernAmerican posted:

but the bigger issue is that Jinora is the savior of the world, which sorta ruins the whole "avatar" business.

Korra did what Korra does best: mindlessly punch things.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
You don't have to spoiler Korra losing fights because she does that every episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Ah, well at least the fault doesn't lie with the creators of the series.

Yes, why blame the people directly responsible for writing and producing the series when we can focus our anger on an unrelated third party?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Baron Bifford posted:

All three seasons of LoK have had villains whose goals and purpose are never quite clear.

A calculated power grab using philosophic posturing to justify/spur popular movements against the establishment.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Asami's the Gadget of the group. She doesn't do much, but its nice to have her around in a jam.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 2, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bongo Bill posted:

Apart from the leaked episode, does anybody else have the misfortune to remember the live-action movie? Somebody linked me to this post with some new details about how that clusterfuck happened. Surprisingly, the director may not have been to blame!

I forgot Shamalyan was a Pennsylvania guy. Knowing he shot it in Reading almost makes me want to watch it. Almost.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Where are you guys seeing episode ten already?

Where do you think?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Zaheer has ridiculous airbending skills for someone who's only been airbending for a few months. I'm glad Tenzin was beating him, but still, yeesh.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Retro Ghost posted:

What?? They're not going to kill off Tenzin. They panned away because he was being beaten/tortured into submission.

The mentor always dies so the protege can come into his own. Tenzin biting it puts the onus of rebuilding the air nation on Korra (or Zaheer) and sets up a conflict where she must choose between her avatorial duties and her perceived duty to Tenzin/Aang.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

thexerox123 posted:

Iroh didn't.

Iroh hosed off for an entire season. He only came back at the last second to tell Zuko 'atta boy.'

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Kinda disappointed Kya isn't a better water bender. Katara was straight up OP and Kya.. isn't.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Babygravy posted:

Be thankful it hasn't leaked in shifty quality in black and white, you'd still watch it and be pretty sad about doing it.

If the audio levels weren't so wonky (and there wasn't a ton of poo poo covering the frame), those B&W leaks of Doctor Who with the half-finished effects and lack of ADR would be amazing. I especially love the quiet moments when there's supposed to be some unneeded exposition they haven't dubbed in yet. Its such a delightful throwback to the classic episodes.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

:lol:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

TheBalor posted:

Well, going by what we've seen, it's also not something you can do under a lot of stress, or with any outside interference. I suspect maintaining a vacuum requires a ton of concentration, but that's just my speculation.

Zaheer's got nothing on Aang's former master.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its like television producers learned nothing after the Felicity snafu.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Hauldren Collider posted:

No. No one wants to watch a loving saturday morning cartoon about depression and shell shock.

Speak for yourself :fap:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Fifty Three posted:

"You look beautiful, sweetie." :(

:lol:
Korra with her yarmulke and dead-eyed stare never fail to make me laugh.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vincent posted:

Peak Classic Bolin y'all

There ya go.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Babygravy posted:

Called it.

Spoil it for those of us who don't want to waste an hour watching smug nerds fail at humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Korra's going full Kyoshi. You never go full Kyoshi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE8hiHDcMmE&t=45s

• Locked thread