Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That was...Pretty solid?
I have never thought the show outright sucked like some people, just very deeply flawed. But these tree first episodes are genuinely good-good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Baron Bifford posted:

Getting thrown in prison rarely corrects criminals. It probably isn't the first time this has happened to the boy.

The Earth Queen's treatment of her airbender citizens seems a little strange. If conscription is legal in the Earth Kingdom, there should be no need to secretly kidnap airbenders.
Even if she wasn't secret about it usually, telling a master airbender politician and the avatar that you are imprisoning the potential rebirth of a nation isn't the best plan. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Airbending: XTREME SPORTZ edition.
Need some extra hangtime? here you go. :c00l:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Why couldn't all episodes be as :3: as this last one or as solid as the one before.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

iCarly is a great hangover show :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That almost sounds like a decent last resort scedule.

So something tells me the streaming services themselves are behind it. (they aren't)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rincewind posted:

Even though we found out it wasn't true, didn't Amon publicly attribute his ability to take away bending to the spirit world?
Yup; I looked it up:

Amon, Episode 3 posted:

Since the beginning of time, the spirits have acted as guardians of our world, and they have spoken to me. They say the Avatar has failed humanity. That is why the spirits have chosen me to usher in a new era of balance. They have granted me a power that will make Equality a reality. The power to take a person's bending away. Permanently.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

The past lives thing is gone, but the next Avatar should definitely have access to all of Korra's wisdom and experience.
The next avatar won't lack knowledge about punching things, hard. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The worst thing about the movie is that I've liked the actor for Zuko ever since he was in Skins, he wasn't perfect for the role mind you but I think he could have pulled off season 2 and 3 zuko really well.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

All it needs is a fat guy in the lower right corner saying a bad pun and it's a perfect Kelly,.

:shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Wildeyes posted:

Bout time for some bitchin fan art

Those first two are absolutely stunning.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That was pretty drat; The only things I didn't like:
- Bolin should have pinned down his opponent 1 on 1, Mako can still help him go for the desperation move but Bolin earned it.
- The way Zaheer gained flight totally reflects TLA s2's finale and LoK's "lowest point, biggest change" but they could have given it just a few extra seconds.
- At least show an explosion on that death, this was an awkward cut.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen: Your spiritual leader. Korrazilla

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Isn't the Avatar State designed to empower the Avatar with all the skills and experiences of all of the past Avatars? With Korra being cut off from all of her past lives, wouldn't her Avatar State be markedly weaker since she can only draw any kind of power at all from Raava, and not Aang/Roku/Kyoshi/etc?
Likely, so that means that Korra only gains simultaneous bending, Rava's power and a general powerup from it; the rest is all her. :black101:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This made me realize that in 30 years Korra's gonna have to deal with Sozin's Comet. I don't mean we'd get to see that, that's obviously not going to be a part of Book 4, but it is fun to imagine.
She'll be fine. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Serella posted:

I just like to...ignore everyone's ages in that series and pretend they're each like two-four years older since it makes more sense that way.
There is no way to make this sound not-creepy and weird but here goes:
A lot of animation has a clash between the way characters act/influence others, the way they are drawn and the age they are supposed to be.
Somebody like Asami could easily be drawn the same and be a character that is in her mid twenties, Korra and Bolin probably look the most their age from the main 4. TLA had the same thing with Mai, Azula and Zuko; I think only Toph, Aang and Jet do look their age most of the times.

As always with animated shows this is even worse in Anime; I barely watch any of it but something like Gurren Lagann has a 18~ year old that looks like he is closer to 30 really.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'm giving this thread 2 more pages before it's closed if you people keep this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

every move just seems like a ranged punch
So a perfect Korra game that captures the show.

• Locked thread