Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm pretty sure they knew they were getting more than one season almost immediately? As I remember it, they were given two seasons originally and that was quickly expanded to four.

They were only given 12 episodes originally. They got an additional 14 later on, but by then Book 1 was already in production as a stand-alone story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Honestly, the only parts of Book 2 that were poo poo was the Adventures of Mako/Bolin/Asami/Lin in Republic City. That was pretty drat bad. The main plot was a bit disappointing but was still decent, and it picked up quite a lot after the Wan episodes.

Book 3 is off to a solid start and if they can handle the back half off it it'll definitely be the best book of the series thus far. That doesn't mean the previous seasons were the worst thing ever, even if they didn't live up to expectations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I imagine with air benders actually wide spread we should see either 4v4 pro bending or 3v3 with a choice of any 3 elements.

More pro bending please

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

nutranurse posted:

Has there been any concrete, official(ish) word given about why Nickolodean didn't order a normal season's worth of episodes?

They did, Book 3 and Book 4 was a single 26-episode order.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

thexerox123 posted:

He and Konietzko have been posting fan-made gifs this whole season that could only have been made by pirates, since there's been no legal way to get episodes online, so they know what's up. Haha.

Well, they could have recorded it themselves with a capture card (they didn't).

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

TheModernAmerican posted:

So I'm giving the show a chance after marathoning The Last Airbender in five days and I'm already about to quit after seven episodes. I'd rather not get into an argument that you guys have probably had a thousand times, let's just say my opinions are my own. The real question is, does the show get any better and if that's the case, how long does it take to ramp up and is it worth the wait?

E: that half assed "scream" Korea had as she fell in the pro bending arena was one of the best laughs I've had in ages. "Ahhh... ehhhhhhh..."

Book 1 isn't bad but it was disappointing and felt way rushed. Book 2 starts pretty badly but starts getting quite good starting with the two-parter (episode 7-8). Book 3 has been really drat good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Jorghnassen posted:

He disables a car with lightning at the beginning of season 2.

Good thing the police are here :smug:

• Locked thread