Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
OP needs character bios. Here, use these finely crafted portraits:

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm enjoying the season so far; plot seems interesting, the humor's working and leaving 20s Gangster City behind was just about the best thing they could've done. Also enjoying goons here making GBS threads up the thread with complaints about how goons are going to poo poo up the thread sometime in the future.

Speaking of which:

:wtc:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

NowonSA posted:

The darker tone of the show is nice too. Granted, it was already pretty dark in the first season with a fraternal murder-suicide and an implied thought of suicide, but already we've got guards locked into a prison to starve or dehydrate to death, taking earth shurikens to the chest and getting tossed out into lava, along with a child soldier allegory. It really feels like the kid gloves are off for this season, and the creators are just going for it and making this the sort of show it should have been all along.

Or, you know, they can break out as soon as the metalbender wakes up.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Babygravy posted:

Did they ever say why it was 2 at a time?

The only part people really liked in Book 2 was the two-parter, so we're gonna love Book 3!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Vintimus Prime posted:

I'd hope one day the creators would give us an official time line with a brief bio of each avatar. I'd imagine out of all of them there had to have been one or two that abused their power, or were just not good.

As it is, they can go anywhere and do anything with the hundreds of past avatars at their disposal; probably best not to throw that kind of creative freedom away with canonic (canonical?) trading cards establishing characters, places and events they'd be forced to follow and integrate on any future Avatar project.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

FamDav posted:

i get what they're trying to do, but it would've been more interesting if korra avatar stated to compel his bending or something i dunno.

the rest of that scene is cock solid, especially the marionette twisting blood bending. wish there had been more of that.

Infinite cock solid marionette bending comin' up:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm all for giving Zuko more screen time but Korra, you dumbass, guess who else knows Aang pretty well? His wife.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Half a world away.

TheModernAmerican posted:

One person is a few yards away, another is on another hemisphere.

Tenzin is pretty far away too and they still manage to communicate.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

After that episode, I'm definitely in the "Tenzin's going to die" camp. Not as a result of that episode, though. I think Zaheer will do it in front of Korra, after she refuses to join him, to demonstrate just how serious he is.

Then Korra will lose her poo poo, go Avatar State, and rip some people the gently caress apart. It will be brutal.

God yes I hope Korra rips waterbending woman's legs off and snipes a pebble through combustion woman's skull and and and :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

Yes, and they're still using that communication device to urgently try to contact Tenzin. You think Korra should be like "Hey, stop trying to call them, I'm going to call Katara for her advice on what to do"?

This isn't worth arguing, I was just mocking Korra for not thinking of calling Katara - whenever! - if she needed Aang or Aang-like advice and having Iroh solve the problem for her instead.

• Locked thread