Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Veotax posted:

Footage of the Platinum Korra game from Comic Con

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRYc1p00m0

It looks easy, but the demo is probably on the 'I don't play character action games' setting.

It just occurred to me that the Avatar state will be this game's equivalent to Devil Trigger/Ripper Mode and for some reason that's hilarious to me. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Wouldn't it be basically just like when Wan died, and Raava would just find a new host?

No, because killing the Avatar during the Avatar state is the same as killing Raava.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ugh this player is awful. Is anyone else getting strange double audio issues?

e: It also starts 7 minutes in. :wtf:

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 1, 2014

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

This, except with Team Korra also invading from the other side, and with the Earth Queen in the middle. A titanic, three-way bending hullabaloo!

The icing on the cake would be the Earth Queen revealing that she's a King Bumi-tier Earthbender.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

And while Asami scenes are rare they've been pretty good this season. Taking out bikers, owning Bolin in Pai Sho, and best of all trolling Mako with Korra.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Amon probably wore that mask in the first place because it invokes spirituality. Same reason he did that "the spirits told me to take away bending" speech; to establish authority via divine providence.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'm honestly worried how the show will resolve this without Korra and co looking like lovely authoritarians, I was pretty much cheering for Zaheer the entire time.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Wildeyes posted:

Feels like Zaheer should have been a lot more broken up about his longtime girlfriend dying like she did. It was set up with so little emotional payoff.

That was the point. Zaheer losing P'Li meant he no longer had any earthly ties or desires, which let him achieve Flight.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Jorghnassen posted:

Speaking of Tumblr, here's what Bryan posted back in June 2013. And then Tumblr noticed.

loving poo poo. :golfclap:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

I've always wondered if they would end the avatar cycle with Korra. If/when they do another series, it could be 100 years down the line or so, and they could finally do a future setting like they originally wanted. Write some excuse for the reappearance of the avatar in a society that barely remembers who it was.

I like that one idea of a Earthbender country hick trying to understand a super futuristic bending society.

e: Then again, we sort of already got that when Korra first arrived in Republic City.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Wildeyes posted:

I've always questioned the conventional wisdom that kiddie comedies work better than serialized shows (reason being kids aren't sophisticated enough to follow anything with continuity, so they say), because, when we were young, I remember my brother and I really liked serialized cartoons.

Me too. The reason why I was so obsessed with DBZ and Pokemon back in the day was because they were cartoons with actual ongoing plots and continuity. That was absolutely mindblowing to me since up until then the most complicated thing I had watched was Scooby Doo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

i hate meatloaf posted:

It was actually a pretty interesting post about color theory and lighting. Some people still got mad about it though lol.

I remember a huge clusterfuck when the 1st season was coming out when some fan artist drew Korra Firebending and was colored really lightly (because there was fire literally in front of her face), and got accused of whitewashing. Even after they changed it due to the complaints.

Basically, lol tumblr.

• Locked thread