Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ikks posted:

The fake battle in Merrywood made it clear that if we went with 3.5, there would either always be half the party overpowered and half the party underpowered, or Gharbad would make everyone's characters and nobody would be sure how to use them. Either way, kind of a nightmare for the DMing style I try to take-- it would mean keeping these two on this half of the battlefield and those two on that half (in the playpen). 4e at least balances it out for beginners.

Fair reasoning, can't argue with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
A new system means new builds.

Joey is from what I heard a Str Cleric, Rockmeats is a Brawler fighter, Prausia some kind of wizard(?), and Kit a rogue.
I assume Palla is a monk.

Was I right?

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Too much edition discussion not enough appreciation for tactical bee deployment and Ikk's sweet maps IMO.

Edit: Also my sweet bush.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 19, 2015

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Lethemonster posted:

Too much edition discussion not enough appreciation for tactical bee deployment and Ikk's sweet maps IMO.

I thought we all agreed never to discuss how sweet your bush is ever again

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

ikks posted:

Either way, kind of a nightmare for the DMing style I try to take-- it would mean keeping these two on this half of the battlefield and those two on that half (in the playpen). 4e at least balances it out for beginners.

I am imagining Joey and Kit playing with toy monsters, and Kit is the size of her toy, while Joey is still this giant Minotaur with Hoofs for hands while the rest of the party battles some arcane monster...

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
But how did the bees survive for like 2 years in the jar???

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Bendigeidfran posted:

Bee metabolism involves radiating anger. Since potion flasks are impermeable to anger, the bees quickly fill the container with anger until they can't expel any more and their metabolism is halted driving them into hibernation. When the flask shatters, the relative disparity in anger between the bees and the local area causes them to reanimate explosively until a local fury equilibrium is reached and they have to leave seeking less irritable surroundings lest they go back into stasis.

This is why you usually find bees living in wide open areas. The unobstructed terrain allows rage to dissipate quickly, permitting the bees to operate at a useful metabolic rate without making their surroundings too angry. Since the bee grenade was deployed in a cave, their anger radiation quickly filled the cave and they had to leave after only a couple of turns.

Crigit fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 19, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Screw what edition of D&D it is, what happened to Bubsy :argh:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

PoorWeather posted:

Yes, if the overarching plot is that no one else in the group wants or knows how to have real fun.

(REAL FUN INVOLVES LOTS OF NUMBERS)

You're just upset that Prausia now has double digit hit points and spells that do damage to enemies.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I'll be honest, I got into D&D and into 4e because of the previous LP, so I'm looking forward to you guys playing it again. But whatever edition it is it'll be crazy.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Bendigeidfran posted:

I just assumed it was a reference to Breaking Bad's ricin. If you don't watch a lot of television it's easy to miss these things.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Pyzza Rouge posted:

I just assumed it was a reference to Breaking Bad's ricin. If you don't watch a lot of television it's easy to miss these things.

I... what? I don't follow your logic.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Lethemonster posted:

Panzer Skank posted:

I thought we all agreed never to discuss how sweet your bush is ever again

I mean... it was more a shrub than a bush anyway.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I for one would greatly enjoy it if you ended up switching systems every session, no matter how implausible. Run through every tabletop system you can find!

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

McBearson posted:

Next time on LPD&D; Maid RPG!

Rockmeats in a meido outfit

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Renzuko posted:

Rockmeats in a meido outfit

Can someone draw a picture of this? Thanks in advance.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Can't wait for the next Bubsy episode.

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Can someone draw a picture of this? Thanks in advance.

Ask and ye shall recieve

Dr. Demon
Jan 2, 2007

Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.
Early in this episode someone suggested that Prausia couldn't jump, but I'm pretty sure all she has to do is coil her tail into a spring shape and bounce around.

I just wanted to share that mental image with you all.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

Pokeylope posted:

Ask and ye shall recieve

This is delightful but the giant mouth is insidious.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Pokeylope posted:

Ask and ye shall recieve

I knew it! Rockmeats is a petrified Deku Scrub!

(Great art!)

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Pokeylope posted:

Ask and ye shall recieve

Rockmeats: perpetually adorable.

Lazy Gun
Apr 7, 2009
Fun Shoe
Everyone knows that the ultimate incarnation of D&D involves THAC0. Also Planescape!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Watching this while killing my brain painting an unventilated basement. Been fun.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I want to contribute something but I can't draw, so I made Miis of the party. It was fun.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

thetoughestbean posted:

I want to contribute something but I can't draw, so I made Miis of the party. It was fun.

Someone get screenshots of these asap, or teach me how to look at them.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Someone get screenshots of these asap, or teach me how to look at them.

Comin' right up, boss!

In the same order as the QR codes:

Rabidkiwi143
Aug 12, 2014
Awww yeah Tomodachi Life here they come! Thank you for the awsome miis TheToughestBean.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

D&D! Episode 5-3: The Bandits Get What For

Our heroes swap one problem for another as they clear out some bandits only to end up in a pit with undead and killer automatons.

Really not going on a upward slope here.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Honestly, with this group, I'd probably have the same reactions everyone else is having.

"New friends!" :3:

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Sorry for the delays, my recording rig has been crashing repeatedly and it takes a while to extract and re-encode the broken videos that result!

D&D! Episode 5-4: The Necromancer's Adorable Dungeon

Separated and disoriented Joey and Palla find themselves in an underground necromantic lair. They imdiately begin collecting cute monsters.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So, what I'm taking from this is that Palla really wants to be a Pokemon trainer of JUSTICE.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Beaumont and Gary should bond over their mutual poofy 5x5-ness. They can block a 10x hallway together! :3:

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

D&D! Episode 420-69: Not Actually A Bubsy Video For April Fools

Rockmeats does something dumb and Palla eats a candy. Prausia is not assertive about her stance on the situation and Joey solves everything by the being the best.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

WolfShirt posted:

Rockmeats does something dumb and Palla eats a candy. Prausia is not assertive about her stance on the situation and Joey solves everything by the being the best.

I genuinely couldn't tell if you were joking or describing a real episode until I clicked it

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Panzer Skank posted:

I genuinely couldn't tell if you were joking or describing a real episode until I clicked it

Please don't troll, Panzer, I am never joking about anything.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Well, morbid curiosity lead me to look up the 'good'/100% ending to Bubsy3D.

Long story short, earth is still screwed, and now Bubsy is stranded in the triassic period. Aside from the very tail-end of the ending cutscene, the end is exactly the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LllVoWWTR7Y

AhrimanPK
Oct 9, 2012

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello

My name's Clive Owen!
That was possibly the best ever ending to an LP.

Bluhman posted:

Well, morbid curiosity lead me to look up the 'good'/100% ending to Bubsy3D.

Long story short, earth is still screwed, and now Bubsy is stranded in the triassic period. Aside from the very tail-end of the ending cutscene, the end is exactly the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LllVoWWTR7Y

I'm slightly impressed that the cutaway to the face-cam didn't show him covered in self-inflicted cuts.

TTornado
Feb 15, 2015

Piso mojado, dirtbag.

WolfShirt posted:

And Kit does something too, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I wonder how many people just watched the opening and assumed that was it.

• Locked thread