Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Carrier posted:

Atheltico Bilbao and Atletic Madrid. Also no funny c's in Barcelona.

You mean Atletico OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It's Camp Nou not Nou Camp

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Tifo is a verb meaning "I support", but has been appropriated as a noun to mean banners, flags and supporter displays in stadiums. I've given up on this as it's crept in to print media in America but everyone should know where it came from.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slaapaav posted:

Kit or uniform. Shirt for the the shirt part. Jersey if it is an actual jersey

Police and school children wear uniforms. Footballers do not.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Tifo is a verb meaning "I support", but has been appropriated as a noun to mean banners, flags and supporter displays in stadiums. I've given up on this as it's crept in to print media in America but everyone should know where it came from.

RE: this

Capo should be reserved for the most racist and violent guys in a ultra group - not the sort of guy who writes a mario football fanfic

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
but kit is very british i dont know why you have to force people to use such a british word. Uniform is very region neutral which is why I think it should be allowed

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slaapaav posted:

but kit is very british i dont know why you have to force people to use such a british word. Uniform is very region neutral which is why I think it should be allowed

You just don't get football at all, do you?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

gently caress off no one has ever called it "uniform" the gently caress is wrong with you, prolly sadbrains

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slaapaav posted:

lol "uniform"

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

You just don't get football at all, do you?

ok mate

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Slaapaav posted:

I might be able to allow uniform for the referee, as it's a hated position of authority. But ultimately even kids wear a PE kit not a uniform when doing sports at school.

Ps. Is it possible offside stole maths' s?edit: maybe tapped up rather than stole?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Masonity posted:

Jersey=a state.
Wrong. An island.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

frankenfreak posted:

Wrong. An island.

Americans aren't allowed to geography-shame.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I feel this thread is othering the transformational grammarians among us and should be closed.

just imo

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Hegay posted:

You mean Atletico OP

:thejoke:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

I hate one of these things and love the other. That's for you to decide which.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

oliwan posted:

Football was not invented in England, but in China.

Total Football was invented in The Netherlands.

I'm gunna need some wiki citations on this Horseshit

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

TelekineticBear! posted:

Total Football (Dutch: totaalvoetbal) is the label given to an influential tactical theory of football in which any outfield player can take over the role of any other player in a team. It was pioneered by Dutch football club Ajax from 1965 to 1973, and further used by the Netherlands National Football Team in the 1974 FIFA World Cup. It was invented by Rinus Michels, who was the coach of both Ajax and the Netherlands national team at the time.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Slaapaav posted:

we should just call them "silks"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Why did you post the same picture twice?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
You don't slam dunk a head goal into the net.

You kickslam it.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

Total Football (Dutch: totaalvoetbal) is the label given to an influential tactical theory of football in which an outfield player can fail to win a trophy from any position. It was pioneered by Dutch football club Ajax from 1965 to 1973, and further used by the Netherlands National Football Team in the 1974 FIFA World Cup. It was invented by Rinus Michels, who was the coach of both Ajax and the Netherlands national team at the time.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Goddamn you spergs get bored when your teams get eliminated.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Katana Gomai posted:

Goddamn you spergs get bored when your teams get eliminated.

Sorry we dont' have the 'POS to keep us busy.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Jozy Altidore is a poo poo soccer player.

He is really bad.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

manchego posted:

He is really bad.

you could say that and be correct in saying it

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Americans shouldn't use the English or American words to talk about soccer football. Hope this helps.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Its football not soccer.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Its football not soccer.

its both actually

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

You are all cunts.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

NNick posted:

You are all cünts.

Fixed

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
To avoid confusion about the use of football/soccer/futbol all posters must at all times refer to the sport in its full form of Association Football

or just call it loving football

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

manchego posted:

He is really bad.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I say whatever I want, to whoever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want.

e- soccer

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Seltzer posted:

I say whatever I want, to whoever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, however I want.

e- soccer

Did you just quote Eminem?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

oliwan posted:

Football was not invented in England, but in China.

Total Football was invented in The Netherlands.

Catenaccio was invented by Switzerland

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

All of my coworkers and Facebook friends sure hate something called flopping.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
tbf I really feel like we should let Offsydz decide if (he/she/it/choice) is singular or plural

• Locked thread