Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
WTF is it about, Pyro Garbage men somehow taking over NYC?

I kept thinking it could have been Zombies or weird mutants because it starts with a Last of Us vibe, but the big reveal is a regular waste management truck pulling around the corner and a guy with a flame thrower.

There's not even gameplay in the trailer, but there's some lady who looks like Claire from resident evil. Pony tails are very unwise in a combat situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS8sposOc34

Like there's not even road warrior people driving the cars or anything. Farcry at least had well dressed people and elephants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
scrap it and make a joy division game imo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mung Dynasty posted:

scrap it and make a joy division game imo
I didn't even realize that this wasn't even written by Clancy at all. This isn't even based on his previous work. It's literally hobos with guns the game.

Would prefer if Ubisoft resurrected this series instead

http://www.gog.com/game/creatures_the_albian_years

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i was hoping tom clancy games would follow him to the grave but here we are

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Posting in a taint reaper thread.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
oh wait the story is about people getting sick and dying with smallpox over black Friday.

The bad guys are infected with small pox or some poo poo and it makes them crazy or something but they can still somehow shoot accurately.

This game is going to be stupid, like that is just the worst plot this side of a JRPG.

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
most games with plots are terrible. hth

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lewie posted:

most games with plots are terrible. hth

Yeah but Resident Evil had Wesker who's motives at least made sense, Last of Us had fungus people, this is people with small pox being angry hobos, they're not even undead.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

i dont know but i am on the garbage fire-bandit's side

The Taint Reaper posted:

oh wait the story is about people getting sick and dying with smallpox over black Friday.

The bad guys are infected with small pox or some poo poo and it makes them crazy or something but they can still somehow shoot accurately.

This game is going to be stupid, like that is just the worst plot this side of a JRPG.

no i think society just breaks down because so many people died/are dying and all the assholes are trying to live out their post-apocalyptic murder fantasies

agreed with the rest though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

scripted talk in shooter games ftw

• Locked thread