Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Welcome to the game where our survival actually depends on if we get enough goons to hold off the pub onslaught after they saw though our facade from the last china game we played.

We get our own Bandit Camp guild base. We can Rob Carts. We can kidnap people with sacks and put them in cages and torture them. We can hold free xp feasts. We get an actual salary. Guild events give massive amounts of Xp and help the guild development points greatly.

In this game being in a guild gives massive benefits. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

So cash shop items are permanent or what? That's the most important thing to me, because gently caress the Wushu/Maplestory/whatever game poo poo of 'oh yeah, it goes away after 30/60 days'

Cash shop cosmetic items can expire. The non-pretty princess items do not.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Does it have the ever increasing level cap that wushu had because I don't have the patience for that poo poo. Can I still 1 turn win on bejeweled with cooking skills?

Bejeweled made an appearance with the treasure map quests at random. Crafting is pretty cut and dry in Swordsman. We are unaware of the current level cap but the best bet is roughly level 90 from the zones we had access to.

Getting from level 1 to 30 is about four hours of effort if you are totally skipping cutscenes and reading. Right around level 35 the game slows down greatly but guild events and daily events like bamboo can give you a whole level in no time. Also they give you your very own in game botting program to park your china-mans in some farm and just envision automatic lawn-mowing. Once you get to 40 all the daily events and quests that unlock make it smooth sailing as well as you unlock your 3rd and final skillset.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

What the Emei and Harmony Discription should read as. Also Exo is Physical and Endo is Chi Magic.

Emei - Endo

The Emei School is set up like a toolbox. They are able to perform well in nearly any role given the three skill sets at their disposal. The starting set is quite boring to work with because it has a heavy saturation of Healing abilities and not much to show in damage due to cooldowns on it’s few damaging abilities.. It performs as a ranged magic caster to start and unlocks a player based aoe heal as you progress. Expect this first set to be slow compared to the other starting sets from the other schools.

The second set is where things pick up as you are given a wide range of melee abilities and a selection of three different basic attacks. This set has some great utility with stacking bleed effects and pulling in targets with a psychic claw hand. Although the straight stun in this set is slow and also a skill shot you are able to use other attacks to inflict a vulnerable status on enemies and causes your other abilities to proc knockdown and interrupt effects. When you reach your third set the school really gives you everything you might need in any given playstyle you like.

The third set fleshes out what you have from the first set for ranged with some very flashy ranged attacks as well as close range AoE effects that can stun and knock up targets. This third set also contains a comical grab move where you lift your helpless target with psychic powers and spin them around in the air a few times and top it off by introducing them back to earth in a forceful manner. If you are looking for a school that can do everything then this is the place to be. The emei can perform as a dedicated healer, melee DPS and range DPS as well as all of the three in conjunction with custom sets of your own. Goku with a bag full of sensu beans.

Harmony - Exo

The Harmony School is quite popular with 1v1 PvP players due to their high damage and assassin playstyle. If you are familiar with Age of Wushu then this School is quite similar in style to that of the Scholars School. The starting set is a poison/speed set with a high single target damage output. Not much of the first set translates well into the other two sets as Harmony have only a few very conditional poison attacks and the buff for poison damage in the first set has a very slight noticeable effect in poison damage.

The second set is a high speed single and close range AoE damage set with some fun status effects such as blind and a quick sap effect. This set is very trendy with the public crowd because of how well it performs in 1v1 PvP. The drawback for all of this should be noted though that the Harmony school has almost no way of dealing with airborne targets and most of their attacks currently will straight fizzle out and go on cooldown if the target is in the air. PvP against opponents that know this will be very frustrating. Most attacks in the third set are quite complex as well due to most having two completely different attacks that trigger depending on if you tap the attack or hold down the hotkey.

The third set is a shadow clone set that needs some patching because most of the effects of the attacks are extremely difficult to land on mobile targets as well as the gimmick of the set being flawed. The attacks in the set follow the same style as the tap and hold effects of the second set but the catch is that tapping the effect sends out a ranged attack shadow clone of yourself at your target and holding switches the role so that you fly out at you target instead and do something similar with an added status effect. The problem is that your name and target info never gets dropped from the opponent's view so there is zero trickery involved and if the target is moving you become fully dedicated to an attack that will totally miss. The Harmony School is great for players that want to do high single target damage and some great PvE AoE effects. Also be prepared to endure a great deal of Naruto fans rolling around your school.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Game plays itself.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 28, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Say what you want about the dominatrix school but they have an extremely useful ground placed heal that saved us many times in guild events and instances.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Shadowlz posted:

Hows Infinity? Are they total complete rear end?

Lots of stuns and they can heal.

Each of the loving 10 schools performs a function. There is no loving wrong choice or bad school.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Grith here's something we can ad to the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

Gotta go with the classics son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLtPxj0s188

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Movies I have watched in that past 48 Hours.

13 Assassins
Mulan
Fearless
Ip Man

Nearly ready...

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Syndlig posted:

14 Blades, definitely a good Donnie Yen movie.

I went with "The Raid" for my fifth. Starting up Battle Royale next.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Servers are up. Get in Camping the Stairs Swordsman Channel Mumble. Chinagame Start.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My code is clearly superior and is 190 proof.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

randombattle posted:

Fight club would be a good idea. Sets work a bit differently when you aren't fighting npcs and learning what works better is pretty handy. For example people should learn that jumping alone does not defeat harmony.

Apparently my write up completely deterred everyone from playing the loving school and a gently caress load of goons rolled Wu Tang. I don't know what the deal is but we were getting rolled big time by Shaolin and other big aoe classes in a small guild war yesterday and really need some of those group aoe nuke/CC schools if we want to win some of these wars. What I am saying is hold up on the Wu Tang fad we need at least some kind of diversity and don't write off Harmony because I said some poo poo about 1v1 arena pvp. Arena pvp is a whole different ball game with the scaling and the format. There is so many other ways to skin your enemies alive in this game.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 5, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Silentplanet posted:

Would emei be something we need then?

Not bragging or anything but my bot just cleared 600 drive without drinking or eating anything. Emei master class :smug:.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

There is a button to kiss under the umbrella too.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I didn't know Glenn Beck played this game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So we attacked a Guild the other night that only had 4 people online. By the end of it 90% of goon deaths were from NPC guards and the three targets had so much HP that even with a flash mob of lvl 50+s we ran the clock down to 1 min remaining before we had them all down. Guild wars as we have said before cannot be won until we are much higher level and can at least handle guards without dying in a handful of hits. Also taking out any of the targets requires full uninterrupted focus damage on the target for about 8 mins at our current level. This is impossible to do when a guild base is actually being defended with the crazy CC effects this game allows.

So to make it clear. Any Wars we get into from now until we have big boys is 100% for PvP and tomfoolery fun as no progress is actually possible.

Also it should be noted that the Show of Force Wars literally only have a lasting impact on the guild for one hour unless someone spraypaints a dick on our docks. I don't know how long it takes to wash off. We lose nothing for getting into petty squabbles in the Show of Force format. There is a format to jack bases and something about the force map that we will look into but opening that can of worms is a double edged sword because once someone does it I am sure everyone is going to be doing it.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 7, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Oh I also forgot to mention that the event on Sundays "Rare Animal Island" is a serverwide raid event and has no relevance to companion Pokemon. The mob(s) that pop in there are Shadow of the Colussus huge and level 80 with so much health that all the players that showed up in the server to beat on it could only do about 1% of its health every 7 mins. Also the giant fuckoff wolf we were dealing with would shift aggro with every attack to make sure everyone got a bite taken out of them. The problem with this is that it would shift aggro to targets outside the arena that were off exploring the huge zone and cause the thing to leash and reset destroying nearly all morale and inciting pvp flags to be turned on. By the end of it we were just brawling each other and the wolf had won with it's cunning plan.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Last night we also saw our first stalls start to go up in Louie Yang. In order to set up a stall you head to a designated area in the city for it and open your bag and hit the stall button next to the auto sort button. It costs no money to open a stall as well as it locks your character there so don't expect to be dropping it and running off. For those unfamiliar to Wushu the stalls deal in Unbound currency (Coins) that you can get from events like Bamboo, Mirage, Vermin and killing red named players with heavy wallets. Those ancient coins or whatever the gently caress they are called sell to the npc vendors for the unbound money (Coins again).

For those of you just reaching 50 you will realize that food and potions are no longer sold at the npc vendors for your level (They stop at the lvl 40 stuff) which means crafting the poo poo is going to be very important as we get even higher. The market for this stuff should pan out really well so I suggest you get LV5 Herbalism and LV5 Cooking up as soon as possible. You can make unbound food if you craft using a very small amount of coins. It should also be noted that in LY there is a rare vendor that sells the super food recipes that use that seasoning and poo poo you have been getting from instances and random drops for the price of Unbound currency (Last I checked the LV50 super food recipes cost 1 gold Coin per). Open your own Chinese restaurant and make some money or deal in the mats.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Be advised that I just sold a Cash shop hat in my stall for market research and it is looking like you can get more bang for your buck doing that over buying the Training pack with the unbound in it.

Cash Shop:

Training Pack 100 Sycees gives 1 gold unbound.
Raiden Hat 400 Sycees sold for 7 gold unbound in stall.

Do your market research before buying unbound directly from the store. It is also good practice to tear actual products out of the cash shop so people who want to keep playing without using a credit card can get access to that bullshit.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lorem ipsum posted:

Is this a sample size of 1 or have you sold a few?

Three hats were sold for 7 Gold each.

So essentially if I had bought 21 gold from the cash shop it would be 21 dollars. I spent 12 dollars for three hats and made the same amount of unbound gold selling from my stall.

Also note that at the time I had market dominance on fashion items. I appeared to be the only one doing it.

It will be interesting to see how the market reflects this. I am quite sure I could have priced the hats much higher and they would have sold as well as other pubbies dropping in starting prices for cash shop hats at around 10 to 15 (With idiots selling at 50-200) gold when the trend begins. This is only a gut feeling based on what I have seen happen from other MMOs as well as watching the sycee trade market.

Also monitor the Sychee trade market as well. I was seeing a conversion rate of 8 gold = 200 Sychee last night making it so that if you spent 16 gold you could have bought the hat from the cash shop directly. Keeping your prices to reflect this sycee trade market when selling cash shop items as well as makes the idiots have to keep their loving prices in check if they ever want to sell anything to sentient humans.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 7, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Well that is interesting.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/658/player-attack-players/p7

So it looks like they have active policies on talking about Pay to win as well as anything you learn from support tickets.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 7, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

aleksendr posted:

And here i am, still unable to pick on a friggin main school to join. Now working on Emei and Zephyr.

So far research (1-20) show that splendor and sun and moon play very similar. S&M (hue hue hue) showing a little more utility and survival while splendor having more damage.

There is something pleasantly simple and elegant in Splendor skill set. You activate the skill, put the pointy end in the opponent and it die in a few moves, repeat as necessary. Quite different from Harmony having to manage charging time and keyboard mashing or 5venoms dozen of multihit for small damage skills.

I see very few Infinity players around. From the write up they seem rather hard to play, especially in PVP but does anyone care to supply more info about them ? I have yet to create a 4th account to try them out and maybe i could save myself the trouble if most agree they are sub-par.

Infinity performs very well in arena 1v1 pvp. From what I have seen they seem to focus on a array of counter skills that trigger when being attacked as well as some good cc. Some goons are rerolling away from Infinity because they disliked how they performed in group pvp (This is just demographics and should not reflect what you people like and dislike or how good you jerks are at your class).

On that note I will be attempting to get a guild war Show of Force event in every day so people can get the hang of how to perform in group combat guild vs guild pvp. From what it looks like the big group pvp school is shaolin along with some great effects from ranged schools like Zypher, Tong, Wu Tang and Emei for Damage Aoe and Aoe CC effects with drop heals that are quite useful from Five Venoms and aoe heals from Zypher and Emei.

I have yet to hear about performance in large group combat from Harmony, Splendor, Infinity, and Sun and Moon. Each school seems to favor different playstyles in pvp so in the case of the ones I just listed they are normally regarded as great 1v1 pvp schools but as I have said I am waiting to hear back from players of those schools as to how they feel about their school's function in guild pvp.

The few guild wars we have particpated in we are seeing a normal trend in zerg attacks with large scale aoe CC effects. The prime issue right now with CC effects is that in the closed beta there was a utility skill given to all schools that used focus to break CC effects and give CC immunity for a small timeframe. When this comes back or if this comes back it will change a great deal of the current state of affairs in pvp combat. The CC effects right now can cause a 100% lockdown on a player in group pvp combat.

Also some more loving around with guild wars needs to be done because as it stands a attacker can only bring a set amount of players in with a handful of players sneaked in where as the defenders appear to have their whole guild allowed to defend. 100+ vs 36(ish) is a loving shooting gallery.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Gem And Silver Merchant Fashion Item.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dryzen posted:

This game is great

Its really hard to pick guilds to attack. Anything in United or Zhou alliances is gonna be a guaranteed loss and the anime guilds have only a handful of level 40-45 at their disposal when we attack them. The worst one so far was that Brazil guild that was so loving demoralized between our total bloodbath in their base and world cup match with Germany just ending. Those guys literally quit before the war even started because of goons blowing up the base waiting for the clock to start.

I am going to say that all massacre style guild events we are going to crack at 20:00 server time so we are in protection time and cannot be invaded. We appear to be one of very few guilds(People tell me they see others but I have never seen any) that actually declare guild wars every day so pissing everyone off and then trying to run an event outside of protection time in the base is just a waste of the protection time we are given. With that being said I am looking at doing normal guild war attacks on others at 19:00 or 21:00 so before or after our daily guild event time.

For all of you not understanding what is going on with how the guild wars work here is a bit of a breakdown.

War Formats.
- Declarations of war can be placed on guilds between the time of 18:00 - 24:00
- There are three types of attacks. Show of Force, Take station and Contest Force(Yeah I forget the name of that one)
- Show of Force is the one we normally do. You kill three targets and each one dead applies some kind of negative effect to the defenders.
- We have not done a Take Station yet because that one will probably rile some serious feathers and activate dormant PvP dormant guilds. (We currently have an advantage in large group warfare experience)
- The Contest Force one is if some guild that has domination over a zone denies our branch in the zone. We can then tell them to kindly gently caress off with their poo poo.

Show of Force Prep. Get in before Wardec reason.
- When attack other guilds in the Show of Force format we are prompted to select 36 guild members to participate. These 36 are the attackers.
- If you are not selected (Green check mark in Guild members list) you can sneak into the war by being present prior to the war declaration in the offending guild base.
- I will be giving a 10 min warning prior to declaring war so unchecked players can get in on the war.
- The worst part of Show of Force is that the defending guild appears to be allowed to defend with all members of their guild.
- When the war is declared there is a 15 min preparation countdown until the war starts.

Why to stay dead if we are getting our poo poo pushed in before war start.
- Before the war begins all outsiders that are killed are dropped into a spawn point that has no protection from spawn camping.
- When the war prep countdown ends and the war begins a Defense tower will spawn in the attacker's spawn point.
- If you are killed in pvp you will suffer durability damage.
- With the above three in mind. If we are getting slammed in a guild base before the war starts then do not respawn so you do not suffer gear breakage.

Greenlight Policy.
- Due to not knowing the state of the opposition a guild will be putting up I will be green checking the top 36 highest level online players in the guild.
- If you are in the top 36 and do not want to participate please inform me in guild chat or whisper so I can skip over you. By default I will believe every greenlit goon will be showing up.
- If you really want in on this poo poo but are lower level please inform me. I will make room to greenlight a bloodthirsty goon somehow.

Really Simply put. Get in the opponent's guild base before the Wardec and wreck poo poo.

Also if none of you know I am Alcoholic in Game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Do Alcoholic's Nobility Missions when you are 50+. I want to be Duke making GBS threads and this Claire person is obviously cheating.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I won't be on tonight. Make sure you still declare war on someone.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards.

gently caress No. I play this game to Fight not to Rule. There will be only war for the lot of us.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ahem.

HyC is no god. You are thinking of Dele.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

gently caress Zhou I say we either go with United or BloodofEvil or better yet make our own alliance with Blackjack and Hookers.

I got a list of reasons for this.

1. HunTTer is a member of Diety which is a member of Zhou Alliance. gently caress HunTTer.
2. Zhou's Guild leader is LemonKush and he is a shitlord. I even heard he sucks balls on this wall that I read.
3. There is a daily quest at level 55 to salute the #1 Guild Leader every day. Zhou is currently in the lead for this.
3a. I would rather salute Grithok's golden dick before I salute LemonKush.
4. Zhou is the current #1 Guild. You can't beat the Number One if you are allied with the Number One.
5. I heard that Zhou called you guys names and stuff and there were words about your mothers being fat.
6. Zhou said Whoopy wasn't that pretty.

See totally not Petty Bullshit. Completely Valid reasons.

Oh yeah and Haro is a butte and he totally is bros with them.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ig2qZEiNv8

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

Since you're apparently a loving idiot, let me spell it out.

We do not have the power to do what you want to do. BloodofEvil + Goons are not strong enough to go up against Zhou and friends AND United and friends AND every other little lovely guild on the server we're already pissing off. I'm not saying we suck everybody's dick. I'm saying we buddy up with Zhou and friends, and still murder the gently caress out of United and friends and every other little lovely guild. It seems the majority of the guild agrees with me, with a few people saying they think we should gently caress with Zhou because they think it's funny.

Bottom line is I honestly don't give a poo poo overall. I've explained the situation, and if the majority of Goons manage to piss off Zhou enough that we get our poo poo pushed in on a daily basis I've made enough friends that I don't personally need to worry about it. The only thing they're doing is hurting the guild as a whole in the long run. I'm right there with Grithok that if they start stealing all our artifacts and poo poo I'll be in line to hand them to them.

At what point in time did I say we were gonna gently caress with United? When did United say that hated us? Hate is a strong word bro. Yo man I was talking to United yesterday and they agree that Haro is a butt. We became super butt bros.

Let me tally up all the wars declared on us so far. Including the fact that our first two wars was with United and Diety day 1. """The big scary monsters""".

Zero.

I am loving shaking in my child sized boots.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 12, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I loving love this poo poo.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Let this day never end.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ill just be a simple farmer from now on then...

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

So it's a bit more focused on the gameplay and game systems. That's not too bad. Might check it out none the less. Haven't played a MMO since TESO any way so that itch is there.

So basically WUSHU: A game that makes you click a warning dialogue that amounts to OPEN PVP, poo poo HAPPENS, DEAL WITH IT.

The amount of crying that happened in Wushu when all we did was PVP is legendary second only to the stories I hear about EVE.

Level cap from what we know is 89. The highest level guy in the server two weeks in is 62 with each level getting slower to gain. Getting to max level is going to take a long time.

Wushu was all about the idea that "Everything you do involves PvP" where this game doesn't appear to have that design concept. PvP altercations are either pointless slaughter in open world field zones, guild war that essentally only rewards the winner with the ability to spraypaint a dick on the defender's guild base, brawling in a open world dungeon for control of your xp pissing ground farm and stealing sheep from another server.

There is also Arenas that have two modes. One is everyone has scaled stats so its supposed to be skill based. The other is gear dickwaving and stats count. Some of the Arena events such as auto matching and the monthly best pvper tournament are currently disabled.

On the bright side you can make a guild of 200 players cry and nerd rage with the single press of a button which I am quite sure I proved in spades.

I think the PvP aspect of the game is going to be based on when the arena poo poo gets activated and what we are able to do at the level cap as well as how many of us will still be playing the long to make it there.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Do it with me drinky you know you can't pass up the bonus Xp and karma

In this game Ill suck dick for Xp at level 55+. When we all hit 60 we have to gather the Justice League up with 60 Hero Order gear and try to wreck that Scorp on Alliance Leader.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kylra posted:

To be fair, this by itself is more than Wushu provided as far as having "a point" to pvp unless you were going for super inners. What was it we got for holding a base in Wushu again? An extra set of teleport points away from everywhere?

Also, you left out treasure stealing and zone xp bonuses. We have guild treasures to fight over which give stat bonuses.

Treasure Stealing is a myth.

There is no zone xp bonuses. The Bonus thing in the zone domination is talking about bonus guild quest distribution that are currently not open.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

ZhouDynasty just declared war on our base.

What loving time was this? Did they come at us at midnight or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

Yes. They won the entire war in about 10 minutes after it started. They now have presence in Salt Harbor that we can't remove, and are free to vote to dominate it this weekend.

United lost to them as well.

Oh and Bonus quests are now available at the financial manager. It appears the entire purpose for the domination map is just for this. Currently we are allowed to do 2 bonus quests a day(rotation?) and they refill 3 times a day. The quest gives me 12 Silver and 59 Bronze coins and required me to kill level 1 mobs and talk to two people. The available bonus quests for each zone we have a branch in is dependent on the % we are allowed in the zone with 20% being the highest allowed for anyone that dominates it.

Oh and the bonus quests do not give anything but Unbound money. No Xp for the bonus quests as far as I can see.

So essentially to break it down the entire Domination and force map deal is all about getting unbound money quests. Also having branches so we can talk to informants for Rumors.

Worst effect a guild can inflict on another guild is that they block their progress in a zone limiting their bonus quests and rumor gathering as well as every day defeat them in a war giving them a -20% xp debuff for one hour, block feasts for one hour and spray poo poo on their walls. Also there is the ability to pay cash shop money and attack a guild to destroy their "something".

Edit: I expect now that there is unbound currency at stake we are going to see the bot trains form a guild. This is a possibility and could be quite entertaining.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 15, 2014

• Locked thread