Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

dema posted:

NBC's Tour De France iOS app is great. $15, no advertisements and HD. Also shows where the groups are on the profile and has a searchable ticker. Same interface as Tour of California and USA Pro Challenge apps.

Do you know if you're able to use airplay with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

dema posted:

Seems so. Got an alert this morning when I turned it on that they'd fixed some issues with airplay.

Good to know. Airplay compatibility is the make or break feature for me, and half the reviews of the app said it worked totally fine and the other half were outraged that it didn't. If they at least want to make it work that's good enough for me I guess.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Withnail posted:

drat, Dumoulin is tiny.

edit: Reminds me of a local guy who can throw down.

You're local to me! What category do you race?

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

What happened to Kittel?

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Classic Sagan.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Nice ride from Navardauskas too.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

My friend and I are in a picture on manual for speed and I'm unreasonably excited about it. Watching the pro challenge come through golden live was awesome though, and seeing the replay was super cool too.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

gently caress yeah, Keisse is my favorite obscure world tour racer, nice that he won today.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

I've told pretty much everyone else in my life now, so I'll tell you all too: it's no big deal, but Taylor Phinney came to my birthday party last week. One of many perks of Colorado living.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Many kJs were burned on the dance floor by all in attendance but especially him.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Lolling right now if you've only ridden with domestic pros for fun and haven't raced against them like I have. Also lolling if you ride with UHC over Optum, the discerning fan's domestic pro team of choice.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

My friend / former teammate got picked up by a domestic team to guest ride the pro challenge with them! Super stoked for him and excited that I've got a reason to bother watching bike racing again.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Yeah, I'll be lucky to see a blurry race number and maybe a half second of him nestled in the back of the group. But still, ~real pro bike racing~. It's right there in the name of the race.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Have I mentioned that he came to my birthday party??

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Nerds are only invited if I can count on them to win stages at UCI level races. Or if I know them irl, I guess.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

tylertfb posted:

A kid I know almost ran down Beibs on a training ride with his Domestic Pro team:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/13/justin-bieber-bicyclists-near-hit/

smdh if you didn't find out about this via snapchat from the axeon rider you know.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Still finished 2nd lol.

Back on his usual form I guess

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

To me it looks like his throw is what caused it. Chain's still on the top half of the front chainring. I'd call it inconsequential based on that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

TobinHatesYou posted:

More like 25lbs and he’d need to completely reconfigure his muscle distribution. Those calves he has for when he’s really mashing out a sprint? Useless. Moreso, does anyone really know if he has the genetic gifts of an aerobic base to pull off 30m-1hr hour efforts at the required w/kg? Sagan does pretty poorly in ITTs.

Sagan has a couple TT wins including that final 2015 Tour of California stage for the overall win. It's maybe one of his weaker areas but I think it's a stretch to say he's poor at them.