Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

serious gaylord posted:

The Giro director said Froome would stay in the books no matter what happens.
It’s not up to him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

No.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

HappyCamperGL posted:

this just means loving geraint thomas will win the tour.
I see what you're trying to say but we all know he will crash out.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

peanut- posted:

Quintana's definitely a contender. He's still the only rider who has been able to really out-climb Froome over a whole grand tour. His has two big impediments though:
1) The fact that he's the most boring, conservative rider in existence; and
2) Movistar have decided to field 3 riders who are top-tier GC contenders and it's hard to see how that will end well for them, even though it will be very funny for us.

Froome's all-round riding across every type of stage is now so ridiculous that he's probably just going to dominate again, but he is trying the Giro-Tour double which has utterly tanked everyone else who has attempted it recently.
He also can’t ride a time trial at all.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Plucky underdog Chris "Froomey" Froome just can't seem to win, no matter what he does.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

HappyCamperGL posted:

Ban anyone who doesn't believe in big Tommy D imho.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I love Big D!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Also a big fan of the ski jumper TBF.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Nice meltdown. Lil Froomey is obviously cracking up.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Richie Porte will be riding for Trek Segafredo next year which hopefully means that Tejay finally will be the big BMC captain.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

EPO is a hell of a drug.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

You could say that it’s almost too good to be true.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Finally saw the Amstel highlights and Van Der Poel is an insane machine. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like that sprint.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

fierce

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

We (rightly) like to make fun of Tejay but Adam Yates is equally bad. He lost almost seven minutes to Pinot yesterday. Lol.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Third crash already in this tour.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Bernal rocks but the whole stage should have neutralised yesterday. When no one knows there the finish line is, it’s not a proper race. I guess there aren’t no good solutions in a situation like this, but that would have been the least bad IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If someone is consistently getting points finishes, shouldn't they be a lot quicker than 2:45:00 behind the leader?
Points are also picked up at intermediate sprints that don’t mean anything in the GC. The same goes for the polka dot jersey.

When I was a kid I never understood how someone could be the best climber and still not lead overall (often the GC leader is also the polka dot leader but not always). However, the riders competing for the polka dot jersey try to pick up climbing points at every climb. The GC guys don’t care about getting first over the early mountains in a stage. They only want to be in the front at the finish line.

Climbers and points people like Sagan also have a semi “rest day” on time trials, unlike the GC riders.