Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

As someone who's personality was changed pretty heavily first by illegal drugs and then by legit prescribed psychology drugs I'd like to say that from my point of view who you are fundamentally as a person is more detached from your personality than a lot of people want to believe, and that your personality is much more fluid than a lot of people want to think.
This is interesting. What would qualify as "who you are fundamentally as a person" if not your personality?

I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

quote:

You're already not getting a "true" viewpoint of the world, just an incredibly lovely one. Anti-depressants retrain your brain to at least notice when something good happens in your life so you're not so fixated on everything that's awful. It's not like you pop one and instant euphoria.
What if the reason you're feeling down is legitimately due to circumstances? When I've had mild depression in the past* it's usually been at least partly a result of circumstances, and the depression is a warning that something in my life is not going right. Changing that something usually alleviates the depression.

*I recognise that this is a very different beast from severe depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread