Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gen. Ripper posted:

I'm also pretty sure there's no form of homosexuality that results in this kind of poo poo:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

an actual, low functioning, autistic who needs a helper at board meetings to keep him from screaming when people ask him questions?

Clearly you were never involved in a university LGBT group. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

It's probably counterproductive to frame abortion as an absolute right which either exists or does not. There aren't any of those under the law, and there aren't very many philosophies that espouse absolute rights, either, particularly ones that could be used to construct an absolute right to abortion.

No, it's not in fact counterproductive, at least in the US, because people are having to fight tooth and nail to hold on to basic reproductive health services in this country.

rkajdi posted:

At least as far as the US is concerned, think again: http://jezebel.com/new-study-shows-that-sex-selective-abortion-bans-are-to-1585545601 This is some special intersectional bigotry. Also, LOL at the idea that this ban isn't being done as backdoor way to restrict basic rights, since most good (i.e. white) people won't care since it's restricting right to "those people" (i.e. Indians, Muslims, and East Asians) Taking anything coming out of the Anti-Choice Right at face value regarding abortion is a mistake. They are by far the most disengenuous and outright evil human beings I've had the misfortune of dealing with.

This is all true, of course. Any reason to restrict abortion access is going to be grabbed and run with by the anti-choice crowd, and if you care about access to reproductive health and abortion in this country, you absolutely are going to fight tooth and nail for abortion as an absolute right, because with the situation as it stands you can't afford to give an inch.

• Locked thread