Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I've never joined a squad in this gamed and I still have a blast. Someday I may finally try it out, but no one here really plays TR. No... you guys have to go super-gay and VS it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
The one redeeming thing about Vs is they are chronically low pop. NC and TR will see saw between 30-35% world pop while VS hover at around 28% on a good day. Play VS if you want the faction that is reliably out popped and able to find fights more often than not.

Stay TR or NC of rolling around in a mogwai zerg ball is your thing.

https://youtu.be/W87r406zC3c

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 9, 2016

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

moolchaba posted:

I've never joined a squad in this gamed and I still have a blast. Someday I may finally try it out, but no one here really plays TR. No... you guys have to go super-gay and VS it all the time.

We have NC and TR alts. It has been a long time since alt night though. Usually it would be TR when they were low pop but now its VS.

Join us! You don't have to play with us all the time. Worst case you go back to TR in 10 minutes.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

honda whisperer posted:

We have NC and TR alts. It has been a long time since alt night though. Usually it would be TR when they were low pop but now its VS.

Join us! You don't have to play with us all the time. Worst case you go back to TR in 10 minutes.

You jerks had to go and be on the east server :(

But I may well do that. Yeah, I'm on PC.

Oh, unrelated question - can enemies steal your vehicles or anything? or is it safe to just use them as quick transport into a zone and dump them if you don't care about the nanite cost or whatever it's called

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
No they can't be stolen. They can' t be hacked either while you're in it or not.

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

honda whisperer posted:

Get in mumble and play with goons. I need to update the op with new mumble info but if you ask in there they can give you the IP.

Butt updated the DNS so goku.horse still works.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

lite_sleepr posted:

No they can't be stolen. They can' t be hacked either while you're in it or not.

Didn't they show prototype video of work on that?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Mithaldu posted:

I don't know, but it's not in game now or the forseable future

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah playing VS is to know the joy of having 3 amazing defensive fights lined up 1 after another then attacking a base with 40% pop and taking it. It's SOE's fault for making an ultra national US faction, a normal fascist US faction then some weird anime faction.

The majority of the players will choose the comfortable factions while power gamers instantly gravitate to the hardmode.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

They did but we've never heard anymore about it.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arghy posted:

Yeah playing VS is to know the joy of having 3 amazing defensive fights lined up 1 after another then attacking a base with 40% pop and taking it. It's SOE's fault for making an ultra national US faction, a normal fascist US faction then some weird anime faction.

The majority of the players will choose the comfortable factions while power gamers instantly gravitate to the hardmode.

You're right, being that power gamers gravitated to hardmode.

NC

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NC is only hardmode because you're also getting teamkilled constantly

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
True.

Besides, the only active players are GOKU on vs. GOON on NC is long dead, and the TR altfits of GOON and GOKU aren't used. Anyone who plays a non VS main does so only because of the hundreds of hours and money spent, and the only active posters here are VS GOKU.

It would be prudent to simply redirect this thread to the GOKU thread.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hey i'd loving love to play my NC/TR chars more but the goddamn pop won't move.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Away all Goats posted:

Most factions go 1v2 at worst, but NC go 1v3.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We can't help it, the guns are just so fun to fire that we don't want to stop, and anybody is able to pull a walking tank and just effortlessly murders anything in front of it instantly

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm always inclined to TR it up. I love TR guns and weapons. Vulcan harrassers are best.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Thronde posted:

I'm always inclined to TR it up. I love TR guns and weapons. Vulcan harrassers are best.

Also strikers are p.great.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Epic High Five posted:

We can't help it, the guns are just so fun to fire that we don't want to stop, and anybody is able to pull a walking tank and just effortlessly murders anything in front of it instantly

You haven't played in months :mad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lite_sleepr posted:

You haven't played in months :mad:

Like over a year. Fun game but burnout accelerated by the early realization that HA was the sole focus going forward for DBG has kept me away

Plus other stuff keeping me busy you know

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
No time like the present to make a comeback.

Surely the burnout ashes have germinated a phoenix by now.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Or..... you could play stomp robots with us. :getin:

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Maddot_66 posted:

Or..... you could play stomp robots with us. :getin:

We all give PGI poo poo for being incompetent (which they kind of are), but at least they introduce new content and change things up. Some of the changes are bad, but gently caress, they're doing SOMETHING.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Hey arghy, once you posted a video that had a real cool vegan beans recipie for a slow cooker. The creator of years video was a black dude, wore a native American headband, had a radio show, and was also abducted by aliens. Can you tell me his name or find the video?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

Hey arghy, once you posted a video that had a real cool vegan beans recipie for a slow cooker. The creator of years video was a black dude, wore a native American headband, had a radio show, and was also abducted by aliens. Can you tell me his name or find the video?

Don't remember that one, i posted a serbian ancient meat stew recipe back in the day.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Arghy posted:

Don't remember that one, i posted a serbian ancient meat stew recipe back in the day.

Ugh you have 32 pages of posts :(

Oh well, I guess I'll need to use another beans in a slow cooker recipie then.

Ginyu force mantis Vs a cat https://youtu.be/BsyZ7mfq11A

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 17, 2016

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I made a post about construction and HIVEs on reddit.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

Ugh you have 32 pages of posts :(

Oh well, I guess I'll need to use another beans in a slow cooker recipie then.

Ginyu force mantis Vs a cat https://youtu.be/BsyZ7mfq11A

Never. Stop. Posting.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have they added any of Smed super stupid dreams like flying carriers and super battle tanks? RIP Smed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I took a nap at work and ended up here

it isn't Friday, though, and I'm still at work :mad:

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

BadLlama posted:

Have they added any of Smed super stupid dreams like flying carriers and super battle tanks? RIP Smed

No. Just bases that melt under tank spam and make continent locking twice as fast

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/50wn6j/biolab_test_coming_soon_to_pts/

BBurnns laying out a concept for a PTS playtest in the coming weeks. They've removed Ikanam Bio and built a area that supports a lattice lane fight underneath a area where bases can be constructed.

Seems interesting. If only to be able to pull the trigger to theoretically nuke a biolab fight.

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 3, 2016

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Please just add a giant empty goddamn desert with a couple hills and cortium crystals, and just let the players go nuts with construction stuff already.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

McKilligan posted:

Please just add a giant empty goddamn desert with a couple hills and cortium crystals, and just let the players go nuts with construction stuff already.

This, but Searhus. It'd even work great plot-wise: the continent is so volcanically and tectonically active that permanent buildings just don't stay for very long, outside of maybe the big bases and the warpgates. It'd be great to see a varied landscape with valleys, mountains, cliffs, and plains to build on.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Segmentation Fault posted:

This, but Searhus. It'd even work great plot-wise: the continent is so volcanically and tectonically active that permanent buildings just don't stay for very long, outside of maybe the big bases and the warpgates. It'd be great to see a varied landscape with valleys, mountains, cliffs, and plains to build on.

I just mostly want to see people set up some sick jumps over lava pits.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Let players build their own Biolabs.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I logged into PS 2 today.

Was going hard too for a while, then I TK'ed Aeflic. Logged out a few minutes later on a high note.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Got my first 200 killstreak. Turns out camping in the MLG box in biolabs with a friendly engineer helping you and popping out of the shields with a dual falcon max is a super easy way to farm kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I recently started playing again. Game is still plenty addictive.

• Locked thread