Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I played planetsidecraft building stuff around random places, and its hilarious how overly restrictive construction is. They need to reduce the no build zones by like 10%, some areas you simply cannot construct anything to help push/defend cause of overlapping no deploy zones from multiple close bases. A bigger problem is that there will be zero cortium nodes anywhere near the front line. In particular these problems plague me around Sungrey, the mountainous terrain didn't help matters either since automated turrets will take so long locking on then firing that whatever they were shooting would be in cover. When I needed to get cortium I had to end up driving all the way back to NC Arsenal, a base that really could have one or two of its like 5 nodes taken and moved around Sungrey.

Then when it comes to trying to put an anti air turret somewhere jeeze, this loving thing needs aircraft to be right up on it. Its range could be extendeed by a couple hundred meters

Shield ant with a bulldog is pretty nice against harassers who think you're an easy target :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My mates all started playing, complained about how you're just cannon fodder and can't really influence a fight.

I immediately jetted over a sunderer, blew it up and the hill we'd been stuck on for 10 minutes was taken in the next 30 seconds.

Checkmate nerds :smug:

(i haven't played in like a year, holy poo poo cert gain seems faster)

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Cert gain is definitely faster than release. And the game is still capable of producing some pretty rad moments like what you briefly described. That said, if there were any other game like it that did it all (or mostly) better I'd be over all over that in a heart beat. But there isn't, so I still play nearly 4 years later.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Are people still playing in GOKU or have they moved on? Are people still playing at all? I'm back but it seems way slower and lower pop now :(

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Clamps McGraw posted:

Are people still playing in GOKU or have they moved on? Are people still playing at all? I'm back but it seems way slower and lower pop now :(

There's still a few of us playing GOKU and LWTX regularly, though we don't usually get more than a squad or two going at a time. The glory days of having a full platoon are gone, I"m afraid. :(

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Briggs is still pretty decent at peak hours, 5-8pm but if you're on any time before or after that you'll be lucky to find a 24/24 fight going on. Still, it seems like the people who are playing are pretty consistent about it. It'd be nice if they'd do another doubel DB cash sale or x2 XP weekend or something.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 28, 2016

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Clamps McGraw posted:

Overwatch and WoW: Legion has claimed most of us. I quit playing on the regular when it turned into bad starcraft.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
How is legion?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

BC > Wrath > Legion > those other loving expacs

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

But Not Tonight posted:

BC > Wrath > Legion > those other loving expacs

I dont think i have ever seen such a cataclysmically awful opinion.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I like how you gave the token Gamr GURRL admin powers over a dessicated corpse of a gaming outfit.

So forward thinking.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

I like how you gave the token Gamr GURRL admin powers over a dessicated corpse of a gaming outfit.

So forward thinking.

Yeah she plays a ton but techno plays more, techno should have gotten admin powers because he needs more power thrust upon him always.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

So forward thinking.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Arghy posted:

Yeah she plays a ton but techno plays more, techno should have gotten admin powers because he needs more power thrust upon him always.

i fully support this

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

You've managed to create drama over a game literally no one plays anymore. :thumbsup:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

seriously, gently caress off you loser

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Gunnin straight for the gas chamber.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I spent yesterday being 1/3rd of the sunderer support for an assault. We were getting completely destroyed trying to take this point but my tireless efforts to get a sunderer on a different side of the base and open up the assault to a new direction helped us win the day! I felt good after that.

What I'm saying guys is helping people is.... fun?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

reignofevil posted:

I spent yesterday being 1/3rd of the sunderer support for an assault. We were getting completely destroyed trying to take this point but my tireless efforts to get a sunderer on a different side of the base and open up the assault to a new direction helped us win the day! I felt good after that.

What I'm saying guys is helping people is.... fun?

That's a big part of why this game is so good, at least for me, even playing solo there's a lot you can do to affect a larger battle.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
I still play on GOON every now and again, but i am fairly sure that died a little bit ago.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

So forward thinking.

hahahahahahahaha go back to /r/friendzone

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

But Not Tonight posted:

seriously, gently caress off you loser

RebeccaQ
Feb 18, 2015

lite_sleepr posted:

So forward thinking.

you come into the channel of a game you're not even playing and start calling people faggots.

lets talk about forward thinking. :golfclap:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I mean if Jorts were actually any good maybe people would give a poo poo about what he says. But he isn't so the fact that he's an insufferable shitlord as a person as well doesn't bode well for him.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Polyakov posted:

I dont think i have ever seen such a cataclysmically awful opinion.

Posted too soon.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

hailthefish posted:

You've managed to create drama over a game literally no one plays anymore. :thumbsup:

I still play this dumb game

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Clamps McGraw posted:

I still load up this dumb game, quickly remember why i quit this dumb game (i never got over how annoying snipers are) and then stop playing this dumb game

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Clamps McGraw posted:

Wow you are the real monster here

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

dogstile posted:

I still load up this dumb game, quickly remember why i quit this dumb game (i never got over how annoying snipers are) and then stop playing this dumb game

Of the multiple annoyances in this game, snipers are pretty low down my list

- 80+% playtime VS betelgeuse heavies
- lolpods
- (loving) gatekeepers (gently caress gatekeepers)
- AV turret rockets STILL not rendering or showing you directional damage
- teleporters to biolabs now expose you outside of the shield so you get randomly killed using them
- The NC in general

Otherwise I think the game is still fun :shobon:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Jabarto posted:

There's still a few of us playing GOKU and LWTX regularly, though we don't usually get more than a squad or two going at a time. The glory days of having a full platoon are gone, I"m afraid. :(

poo poo is it really that bad? It must have been like over a year since I last really played but that's pretty sad to hear. I remember when there was well over a full platoon every night and all sorts of wacky mumble logistics had to be done to accommodate it. Every couple months I think of loading the game up and then look at this thread and see that people are still complaining about the exact same issues that were there for literally years (like a lot of the bullet points in the post above me).

Playing with GOKU was some of the most fun I've ever had gaming but rip this dead game I guess. :(

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Yeah, seems like DBG has just kinda tucked it into bed and doesn't seem to be rolling out any new content. Construction was pretty great, but seems like that was the last hurrah in terms of ANYTHING new being added. I mean, maybe every couple of months they'll add like a single armor options for some vehicles, or a new helmet here or there, but that's about all that can be expected.

I still play, but anything other than peak times of 5-6pm or weekends is pretty much dead/ghostcapping. Still, there's fun to be had.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Clamps McGraw posted:

Of the multiple annoyances in this game, snipers are pretty low down my list

- 80+% playtime VS betelgeuse heavies
- lolpods
- (loving) gatekeepers (gently caress gatekeepers)
- AV turret rockets STILL not rendering or showing you directional damage
- teleporters to biolabs now expose you outside of the shield so you get randomly killed using them
- The NC in general

Otherwise I think the game is still fun :shobon:

How is "Dumbass 'teammates'" not on that list? Out of everything else I can try to stomach, but drat the people who are supposed to be on my side makes me want to kill them more then the enemies.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm always down to play poo poo with GOKUs except for WoW PvP because PvP in that game has been dogshit for 12 years and will never ever improve.

Bnet: hcholesterol#1103
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/highcholesterol
Origin: origin sucks hit me up on steam
uPlay :ahahahahaha

Sard
May 11, 2012

McKilligan posted:

Yeah, seems like DBG has just kinda tucked it into bed and doesn't seem to be rolling out any new content. Construction was pretty great, but seems like that was the last hurrah in terms of ANYTHING new being added. I mean, maybe every couple of months they'll add like a single armor options for some vehicles, or a new helmet here or there, but that's about all that can be expected.

I still play, but anything other than peak times of 5-6pm or weekends is pretty much dead/ghostcapping. Still, there's fun to be had.

We're almost at the point where they decide to add a cloaking dropship, just wait.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I'm personally waiting for them to buff ZOE again.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Arghy posted:

I'm personally waiting for them to buff ZOE again.

:science:
Zealot Overdrive Engine
Damage output is now increased by a flat 10% while active and reduces damage over distance
Damage received is increased by a flat 20% while active for all weapon types
Removed the modified projectile tracers while ability is active
Now consumes energy over time and can be toggled on and off
Energy fully recharges over 60 seconds
Rank 1: Lasts up to 16 seconds
Rank 2: Lasts up to 18 seconds
Rank 3: Lasts up to 20 seconds
Rank 4: Lasts up to 22 seconds
Rank 5: Lasts up to 25 seconds

Charge have been removed and replaced with an activateable 20% repair.

Also magrider* buffs and cyclone nerfs.

*magrider weapon buffs

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

MR11 Gatekeeper-H (Harasser)

Recoil removed

Hahahahahahahaha what the gently caress

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

So you're saying, if we do come back, only play VS?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Lol, yeah, I think they meant the literal recoil that literally pushes the harasser a tiny bit.

Other than that, these patch notes are blowing my mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

quote:

Motion Spotter
Detection is now "recon-based" for allies and updates every 1.5 seconds
Detection range from 25/25/30/30/50 to 30/35/40/45/50 meters
The Infiltrator (and only the Infiltrator) also receives real-time updates on enemies within 20 meters of the device
When an enemy is close enough to the device to be detected, they will also be able to see the device on their minimap.

I haven't played this in months and I probably won't play again until I've got a motherboard and CPU that aren't pushing eight years old and I'm on an SSD but in order of points:

• This is a loving outrage.
  • Okay.
  • Okay I guess.
  • This is a loving outrage the best part of high intensity radar donging is placing it close enough to be useful but far enough to avoid being detected.

• Locked thread