Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Those comments are real cool and respectful of women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Those comments are real cool and respectful of women.

it's ok, they are being ironic.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
It's kinda cool how the people who whine the most about hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness are themselves hypocrites and sanctimonious.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

It's kinda cool how the people who whine the most about hypocrisy and sanctimoniousness are themselves hypocrites and sanctimonious.

:thejoke:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pointing out that military dudes prey on high school girls = you're the REAL sexist!

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DrNutt posted:

Pointing out that military dudes prey on high school girls = you're the REAL sexist!

no one said high school girls

he said we pray on fat girls

e: oh i didnt see that other post

i never met any mil dudes who prayed on high school girls though, so it's a pretty flat joke.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I'm talking about you and your bud there. Maybe if you didn't view this as a crusade against the forces of evil, you wouldn't have the reactions that you pretend to dislike?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

I'm talking about you and your bud there. Maybe if you didn't view this as a crusade against the forces of evil, you wouldn't have the reactions that you pretend to dislike?

i was also telling you what the joke was

maybe if you could infer it for yourself i wouldn't have to point it out for you.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cole posted:

i was also telling you what the joke was

maybe if you could infer it for yourself i wouldn't have to point it out for you.

So the joke is that you're a waste of a human life and should end your own immediately? That's not funny. Please get some help if you are having suicidal thoughts.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

So the joke is that you're a waste of a human life and should end your own immediately? That's not funny. Please get some help if you are having suicidal thoughts.

How very mature of you.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cole posted:

How very mature of you.

Look, your idea of a joke is proclaiming how hypocritical and sanctimonious you are, and you regularly seek out negative attention. It's pretty clear that you have some massive, massive self-esteem issues you need to address. Now, you may have heard "self-esteem" and locked up mentally, which would be another reason to seek mental help.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

Look, your idea of a joke is proclaiming how hypocritical and sanctimonious you are, and you regularly seek out negative attention. It's pretty clear that you have some massive, massive self-esteem issues you need to address. Now, you may have heard "self-esteem" and locked up mentally, which would be another reason to seek mental help.

You're just setting that maturity bar higher and higher. Keep going!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cole posted:

You're just setting that maturity bar higher and higher. Keep going!

I'm not going to give someone respect for having the deep levels of self-loathing or sexual masochism necessary to regularly seek out environments where you will be yelled at over and over.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

I'm not going to give someone respect for having the deep levels of self-loathing or sexual masochism necessary to regularly seek out environments where you will be yelled at over and over.

keep going

:fap:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Well this is productive.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cole posted:

keep going

:fap:

Why do you prefer this to acting like a human being and conversing with people? Surely you can make up the responses for yourself and have almost as satisfying an effect.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

Why do you prefer this to acting like a human being and conversing with people? Surely you can make up the responses for yourself and have almost as satisfying an effect.

:flashfap:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Okay, so what I'm getting is that you view yourself as so superior to everyone else who posts here that you are unable to conceive of interacting with them as equals, or at the very minimum unwilling to. But you can just invent people who will do whatever you want and say things exactly as stupid as you want to hear, so there's really no need for you to ever interact in the first place.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Effectronica posted:

Okay, so what I'm getting is that you view yourself as so superior to everyone else who posts here that you are unable to conceive of interacting with them as equals, or at the very minimum unwilling to. But you can just invent people who will do whatever you want and say things exactly as stupid as you want to hear, so there's really no need for you to ever interact in the first place.

someone call the :cumpolice:

thanks man, that's the release i needed.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cole posted:

someone call the :cumpolice:

thanks man, that's the release i needed.

Okay, so it would actually kill you to not treat people with contempt? I guess I'd better start saving up so I can hire a guy to do that and videotape you melting like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Effectronica are you sure you shouldn't be busy calling people who disagree with you mentally ill in a great display of forums irony

Speaking of not acting contemptuous

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Here's a cool pair, you seem like a great human being

Effectronica posted:

You already answered it, dumbass. I want to know why it was so hard for you to give a straight answer. Do you see a therapist? Because if not, well...

Effectronica posted:

We absolutely can, depressive. You should just get it over with and kill yourself if you're gonna be obnoxious about your brain defects, frankly.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Effectronica are you sure you shouldn't be busy calling people who disagree with you mentally ill in a great display of forums irony

Speaking of not acting contemptuous

There's nothing wrong with being contemptuous if you are a superior being, which I am, and which you two are not. But in any case, you wail about people being "hypocritical" while being a hypocrite yourself. You complain about people making offensive jokes while enjoying them yourself. You treat people with contempt and then are disgusted by people doing it to you. It is acceptable to sneer at the depressed so long as you use the codeword "sadbrains" and are part of the in-group, but when the outgroup does it, it's a crime. Do as I say, not as I do.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Guys. Guys.

Does anyone have opinions on limb shots perhaps? What about flashlights?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Effectronica posted:

:ironicat:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Effectronica posted:

There's nothing wrong with being contemptuous if you are a superior being, which I am, and which you two are not. But in any case, you wail about people being "hypocritical" while being a hypocrite yourself. You complain about people making offensive jokes while enjoying them yourself. You treat people with contempt and then are disgusted by people doing it to you. Do as I say, not as I do.

I just want you to be honest about it so we can be friends. We have so much in common.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Vahakyla posted:

Does anyone make a rail mount for the Fleshlight?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Vahakyla posted:

Guys. Guys.

I think limb shots are fine now, let's try it out.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I just want you to be honest about it so we can be friends. We have so much in common.

No thank you, I would rather not be friendly with someone who acts the way you do, nor do I like to get too close to the hoi polloi. Haven't you ever heard of the story of Icarus?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Halt! Defence Forces!

Stop posting immediately! We are aiming at you with a firearm!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cole posted:

no one said high school girls

he said we pray on fat girls

e: oh i didnt see that other post

i never met any mil dudes who prayed on high school girls though, so it's a pretty flat joke.

Preyed, not prayed. So I guess you haven't spent much time in base towns or with military guys huh?

e: yes the joke is you're a GIP regular so if you've never seen soldiers preying on underage girls you're full of poo poo. Or blind, but I think they would have caught that at meps.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 13, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DrNutt posted:

Preyed, not prayed. So I guess you haven't spent much time in base towns or with military guys huh?

never been near one!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DrNutt posted:

e: yes the joke is you're a GIP regular so if you've never seen soldiers preying on underage girls you're full of poo poo. Or blind, but I think they would have caught that at meps.

How often have you seen people preying on underage girls and what kind of company do you keep

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm sure it was more common in the halcyon days of America's patriot boner following 9/11 but go to any given bowling alley within 40 miles of a base and you can find motards sleazing it up for their high school girlfriends. But continue to be completely flabbergasted by the suggestion that enlisted military personnel might have weird issues with women. No studies to that effect floating around out there or anything.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DrNutt posted:

I'm sure it was more common in the halcyon days of America's patriot boner following 9/11 but go to any given bowling alley within 40 miles of a base and you can find motards sleazing it up for their high school girlfriends. But continue to be completely flabbergasted by the suggestion that enlisted military personnel might have weird issues with women. No studies to that effect floating around out there or anything.

And you just sit back and do nothing about it???

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cole posted:

And you just sit back and do nothing about it???
Its like one of those documentaries where they just watch the lion eating a baby bunny.

Except in this case the lion is mildly retarded and the bunny weighs 400 pounds.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Its like one of those documentaries where they just watch the lion eating a baby bunny.

Except in this case the lion is mildly retarded and the bunny weighs 400 pounds.

She can blubber-smother him anytime she wants it to stop.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Booourns posted:

It's the only subforum that actually proclaims to be a safe space and has a mod ready every day to defend it after all.

On the other hand, it keeps Sedanchair from posting there.

Effectronica posted:

There's nothing wrong with being contemptuous if you are a superior being, which I am, and which you two are not. But in any case, you wail about people being "hypocritical" while being a hypocrite yourself. You complain about people making offensive jokes while enjoying them yourself. You treat people with contempt and then are disgusted by people doing it to you. It is acceptable to sneer at the depressed so long as you use the codeword "sadbrains" and are part of the in-group, but when the outgroup does it, it's a crime. Do as I say, not as I do.

You have dozens and dozens of posts in crew threads.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

On the other hand, it keeps Sedanchair from posting there.

I'm flattered and gratified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-shooting-unarmed-teen-20150213-story.html

La Times cover story in the print edition is titled:

Teen's shooting 'an all too common scenario', quoting Chief Beck

yeah that was some unexpected honesty

• Locked thread