Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEAYCHES posted:

imo the problem is israel. usa and iran are making peace, thats a good thing. get over it. iran is huge and important and it makes sense to not be a dick forever to eachother

More importantly there are cool rugs to buy and Iranian chicks to have awesome desert sex with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Wife swappin' it.

for a reward, iran and israel each get 50 billion dollars in missiles they can shoot at whoever they want.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

for a reward, iran and israel each get 50 billion dollars in missiles they can shoot at whoever they want.

50 billion dollars will get you 1 20th of a nuclear warhead and a poorly drawn missile platform by bill clinton.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

is golshifteh farahani still banned from iran

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

More importantly there are cool rugs to buy and Iranian chicks to have awesome desert sex with

im gay

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

POTUS should goad the iranians into exiling more babes to the West

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

50 billion dollars will get you 1 20th of a nuclear warhead and a poorly drawn missile platform by bill clinton.

it'll get you a shitload of SCUD's

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Venom Snake posted:

Puh-leez, that's only if you go through contractors.

The Russians give you a warhead instead of a tax refund nowadays.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

He was in the air force, a small palestianian girl could beat him in the fight.

It's no contest, you can't roll ova the ayatollah

Are you at any point ever going to not talk out of your rear end about anything?

Netanyahu was in Sayeret Matkal, one of the top elite IDF forces, back when it was doing things more intricate than russling up the usual Palestinian suspects in the West Bank for Shin Bet questioning.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I could beat Bibi at arm wrasslin

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 4, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Somebody should do a poll of how many Americans think Iranian women are all burkas, all the time

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SedanChair posted:

Somebody should do a poll of how many Americans think Iranian women are all burkas, all the time

To be fair, it's pretty hosed up that they get in trouble and possibly beaten or raped if they don't wear hijabs in public.

But yeah, the percentage of Americans who think that is probably 99% and that is upsetting.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Good to know you're not afraid to take the brave stance that rape is hosed up.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SedanChair posted:

an onion article in the vein of the Eisenhower/Reagan one but with Saudi Arabia/Iran would be a pretty accurate summation of the average Americans knowledge of the matter

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

To be fair, it's pretty hosed up that they get in trouble and possibly beaten or raped if they don't wear hijabs in public.

that's islam for you, it's pretty hosed up tbh

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Are you at any point ever going to not talk out of your rear end about anything?

Netanyahu was in Sayeret Matkal, one of the top elite IDF forces, back when it was doing things more intricate than russling up the usual Palestinian suspects in the West Bank for Shin Bet questioning.

I was referring to that one picture of him in a pilots uniform, but it makes sense that Netenyahu the israeli chris kyle.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SedanChair posted:

I don't know, I think "vacationing iranian girls immediately change into the skimpiest thing they can possibly find once they are on the plane" is a well-worn trope among frequent-flyers

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ah yes here are the passages from the koran that advocate rape:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

getting acid thrown in their face is a bit more of a gray area

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Being part of the elite of the IDF is like being vice president of the video game club

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I think it's time to cancel Islam. It's had an okay run, but it's jumped the shark and is stagnating, and the showrunners refuse to do a reboot to fit better with modern viewers.

Venom Snake posted:

I was referring to that one picture of him in a pilots uniform, but it makes sense that Netenyahu the israeli chris kyle.

Here's an idea: how about you shut up and read a bit about what he actually has done and not done so you can not be caught posting like a fool with your facts on the ground.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It's how you know I'm not a GBS poster.:v:

(also, it's more about rape being seen as an honorable and acceptable consequence for not wearing a hijab in Iran)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think it's time to cancel Islam. It's had an okay run, but it's jumped the shark and is stagnating, and the showrunners refuse to do a reboot to fit better with modern viewers.

Here's an idea: how about you shut up and read a bit about what he actually has done and not done so you can not be caught posting like a fool with your facts on the ground.

*squeeky nerd voice* ill have you know that Bibi has 300 confirmed kills and is trained in gorilla warfare.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"New Girl" is a legit good show, and I am a gay wolf.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

*squeeky nerd voice* ill have you know that Bibi has 300 confirmed kills and is trained in gorilla warfare.

Settle down grover.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

What are you 12? Jesus loving Christ there should be an age limit to this thread.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

It's how you know I'm not a GBS poster.:v:

(also, it's more about rape being seen as an honorable and acceptable consequence for not wearing a hijab in Iran)

it's not even not wearing the hijab. it's wearing the slutty hijab.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

TEAYCHES posted:

ah yes here are the passages from the koran that advocate rape:

eh it's not that it's the whole "protective jealousy" thing

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What are you 12? Jesus loving Christ there should be an age limit to this thread.

I'm just mocking the fact you got so uppity about me Insulting Bibi.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SedanChair posted:

eh it's not that it's the whole "protective jealousy" thing

My understanding is that pretty much everything bad that we associate with Islam existed in the Middle East before Islam.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The modern IDF couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag unless the bag was made out of Palestinian children.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Deeply ingrained patriarchy promoting a culture of rape and the removal of female agency? Well now I've heard everything.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

I'm just mocking the fact you got so uppity about me Insulting Bibi.

I don't give a poo poo about you insulting Bibi, I give a poo poo about you insulting everybody's intelligence by constantly saying completely stupid ignorant things about every damned thing you talk about. Like, I can insult Bibi in a way that would stick because I actually know who the gently caress he is. I can insult Israeli policy because I actually know what it is. You don't, and yet you insist on keeping on keeping on with this bullshit. Just read a few books for a few months and then come back to post.

Venom Snake posted:

The modern IDF couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag unless the bag was made out of Palestinian children.

When Netanyahu served it was actually world-renowned at being pretty damned good. Which you would know, again, if you actually understood anything about anything rather than repeating good-sounding talking points.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

My understanding is that pretty much everything bad that we associate with Islam existed in the Middle East before Islam.

Oh definitely the problem existed before Mohammed and that was his solution to it, but quite a bit of time has passed and now it is a lovely one

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SedanChair posted:

Oh definitely the problem existed before Mohammed and that was his solution to it, but quite a bit of time has passed and now it is a lovely one

Yeah, no question. It's just interesting for me to read back to different points in pre-Islamic history and see, "Oh, huh. They were still...doing that thing, were they?"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't give a poo poo about you insulting Bibi, I give a poo poo about you insulting everybody's intelligence by constantly saying completely stupid ignorant things about every damned thing you talk about. Like, I can insult Bibi in a way that would stick because I actually know who the gently caress he is. I can insult Israeli policy because I actually know what it is. You don't, and yet you insist on keeping on keeping on with this bullshit. Just read a few books for a few months and then come back to post.

When Netanyahu served it was actually world-renowned at being pretty damned good. Which you would know, again, if you actually understood anything about anything rather than repeating good-sounding talking points.

I'm sorry I didn't read Netanyahus autobiography before making joke posts in the DND chat thread, I am so sorry everyone.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

I'm sorry I didn't read Netanyahus autobiography before making joke posts in the DND chat thread, I am so sorry everyone.

You are a painfully ignorant poster, and I wish you would disagree with me on matters of policy because it would lend my view more credence than your support does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You are a painfully ignorant poster, and I wish you would disagree with me on matters of policy because it would lend my view more credence than your support does.

How did this go from funny jokes about mid east policy to harsh call outs.

• Locked thread