Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Technogeek posted:

I have four bottles of Devil Dancer sitting in my refrigerator as I type this. Your IPAs are bad and you should feel bad.

Hey man don't drunk shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Thankfully God has graced us two fists to punch stupid faces with.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bleusilences posted:

I just did my groceries and I just realize that the price of beef is completely retarded. I check a few graph and also check the increase of the price of gas and utilities and we are heading at the same point(same price peak) we were at in 2008. Are we going into another recession?

sources: http://www.beefretail.org/wholesalepriceupdate.aspx

That's why I eat turkey burgers. 90/10 beef is stupid-expensive. Though other meats aren't up there with beef at all. I get chicken for 2/lb and pork sirloin for 2.50-3/lb.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 1, 2014

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I've learned this neat trick from YLLS called calorie counting. 90-10 ground meats help that out a lot.

So far I'm down over 60lbs between eating not poo poo, not drinking as much, and lifting weights. GOP-induced anger helps that last one a lot.

I'm with you, though. If I were to grill up a bunch of burgers for my homies I'd go with 80-20 or 85-15. Good advice to learn your meats and the cuts you get!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Avshalom posted:

Hardboiled eggs are a good way to lose weight because they are reasonably filling, very nutritious and only ~70 calories apiece.

Eggs are a pretty great all around, really. Like a dollar a dozen.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

XyloJW posted:

They do. :confused:

Jeff Samardzija dropped football for baseball.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I was so shocked to learn that China is into Baseball. I think it's pretty bizarre for anyone outside of the US to want to play our weirdest game.

You wanna talk weird baseball? Let's talk baseball in Japan.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dreylad posted:

If the US annexed Canada you'd either break the two-party American system, or guarantee that the Republicans would never be in power again.

Uh, please don't annex us.

Think of all the bourbon and Molson we could drink together!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

R. Mute posted:

what's huntsman doing these days? i thought he was the only one that didn't have a major scandal attached to his name last time, right? just, y'know, the fact that literally nobody cared about him.

He didn't have a scandal because no one cared about him. Surely they'd drag some skeleton-turned-dust out his closet if he ever got popular.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Please become popular, Huntsman.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Bagels are a great way to shove 500-600 calories in your mouth.

Little while ago I saw truck nuts consisting of two very large bolt nuts chained to the trailer hitch. It sort of made my day sort of pissed me off. Good job, man with insecurity issues.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I wouldn't mind a disco ball like the BYOB cat. Just up there in the corner all sparkly and spinning.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

kelvron posted:

I wish I had a gimmick.

Run for some county or state position.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ogmius815 posted:

I remember when Chlamydia Jones was our election expert because he ran for county coroner.

That's a pretty amazing name for a coroner.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

razorrozar posted:

My gimmick used to be banal posts that contributed nothing to the discussion but it abandoned me :(

Mine now. Sorry, I was better in bed.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Swan Oat posted:

I believe in brand personhood.

Good go get an abortion.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

razorrozar posted:

I think I proved I'm a dumbass and you shouldn't trust my opinions. :colbert:

I'm willing to give pineapple pizza the benefit of the doubt, I've just never had one I liked.

Get the standard Hawaiian pizza from not a lovely pizza joint and throw some jalapenos on there.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'd wax off what's left of my parents mortgage then throw a hookers and blow party for y'all.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hopefully next summer I'll have enough cash to do something I've been wanting to do for drat near a decade: Go to Chicago, eat pizza, and get drunk at Wrigley.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReindeerF posted:

Add Cal-Mex in here too. Basically, please just stop loving trying to fusion-ise every Goddamn food, California.

What's californizing food? Do they just futilely try to shove avocado and other poo poo that doesn't belong into food that's perfectly fine without it?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hedera Helix posted:

Avocados are wonderful, you hush up

I never said that! I'm just confused why some people like to put them on dishes that have no business having avocados on them.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Keep GMO children out of our schools!!!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

And on the fifth day, they earned their keep?

Yeah dude it's perfect for parents who can't afford a sitter.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
One Mormon will drink all your beer. Two or more will spend the afternoon judging you for drinking beer while fishing.

Solution: don't take the Mormons fishing with you.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

We were strongly cautioned against ever using a Ouija Board because that was a surefire way to get possessed by a demon.

My dad hated those things. He's normally a rational dude too. Weird how that works.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dirt posted:

Well you can drag your poo poo to a dump somewhere, or pay this old dude to come pickup your trash who charges by the bag.

I pay the old dude. I feel bad for the guy, he looks like he's about 80 years old, and does it all by himself. He loads all the bags onto a big flatbed truck. No idea where he takes it though.

It took me six weeks from when I moved in to get him to come out and start picking up my trash, because "He can't figure out his voice mail on his new cell phone".

I live in a weird place.

:(

Do you live in like some libertarian hellhole?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dirt posted:

It's Michigan. We are a Republican hellhole that you very much.

I live way up in the middle of nowhere in Michigan. If I lived literally like 1000 yards across the street and the river I'd be in a College town(Houghton) with normal trash and city services. I live on the apparently poor side of the river. But my property taxes are considerably lower. So there's that.

Hmmmmmmmm. Don't know what to tell you.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dirt posted:

Now you're just talking silly.

Everyone knows the lowest bidder does the best work. Unless it's a no-bid contract scenario. The guys who are awarded no-bid contracts are always the best.

:D

I find the whole situation with the trash fascinating. I wasn't aware cities could just do that I guess. I have never lived in such a small place before though. I wonder what my neighbor does with his trash. He doesn't have a car as far as I can tell, and he doesn't use the same old guy I do for pickup. I wonder if he just has like a mountain of garbage in his garage or something.

This season on hoarders! We take a trip to Libertopia!

I'm talking about stereotypical libertopia not your town

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Upper MI is pretty militia-ey

Wasn't one of the countless Freedom Cities supposed to be a giant rear end barge floating around the Great Lakes?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
My favorite was the libertarian I used to play wow with. He worked at the IRS.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cercadelmar posted:

Nerds who base their identity exclusively on what they buy are terrible. Ponies and guns aren't all that different really.

Hmmm wonder if someone has tried loving a gun and what were the results?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Large hats are the jacked up pickup of the rest of the world.

Except large hats own.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tony Jowns posted:

How do you "leave some room for Jesus" while you're banging?

Just leave one of the holes open and you're good.

If you really want Jesus put your hands in the air and praise his name. Then he'll come help you give a sweet Eiffel Tower.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I've been a fan of dutch bros coffee lately. Stuff is mighty delicious.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sorry commenter you were one seven short of hitting the lucky seven jackpot for 7,777,777,777.77. Instead you win this roll of tin foil.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

I remember when Krispy Kreme came to Texas, and it was huge at first, but then everyone resumed going to Shipley because it is far superior.

Texas is awful in a lot of ways, but not donuts.

The South does food right and that's about it.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReindeerF posted:

Words with TWO Goddamn apostrophes. Try that, Yankees!

Y'all's
Y'ain't

Y'all is a pretty sweet word. I picked it up on a trip to Louisiana and haven't quit using it.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

cheerfullydrab posted:

You don't even have to say y'all. You can say you all. That's perfectly proper.

This is America. We're lazy.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I've never encountered vodka that tasted anything other than like rubbing alcohol smells.

Do you only drink Idaho Silver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Read a book, dumbass.

Wait, if the power's out, how are you online?

Cell service and Awful app?

• Locked thread