Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm prejudiced against Australians

e: like really, I think I need to take a vacation there and get over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

I demand to know why tbp has a soccer ball next to his name.

I was super about to ask that

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

Same but replace Watergate with 1970-1995

e: Who'll face me in Doonesbury Quiz

top: Sam, B.D., Boopsie, Duke, Honey, Jeff, Kim, Mr. Butts, Zipper, Mike, Roland Hedley, Lacey Davenport.
bottom: Joanie, Elmore [dammit! Elmont], Mark, Zonker, Phred(?), Rick, Zeke, that homeless lady [blanked-it's Alice], J.J., Jimmy Thudpucker, Duke's son, Sid

no googlin'

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 30, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Conservative comedians aren't comedians, they're just guys who become popular because they say a lot of racist things with a funny look on their face.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

XyloJW posted:

I only enjoy ideologically correct media.

Good comedy punches up, etc.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

XyloJW posted:

Yeah the whole "comedy punches up" thing is a silly trope. Plenty of good comedy is mean spirited or just doesn't punch up or down, it's irrelevant.

Oh, okay, load me up with examples of funny comedy that makes fun of poor people and minorities.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I mean, failing that, I'll take examples of comedy that makes fun of the underside of any dualistic power relation.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I obviously can't watch the entire thing to pick out examples right now, but Bill Burr is hilarious. What in particular are you thinking of that is punching down? He is constantly making fun of yuppies and hipsters and white folks and people who worship Steve Jobs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

pangstrom posted:

(Gold-diggers and wife-beating are the two that come to mind.)

You're putting me in the position of having to explain jokes here, but that entire first bit is in the context of making fun of himself and all men for being hair-trigger morons.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Self-deprecating humor is great, like that Bill Burr bit. And I think a lot of you mistake "writing clearly" for "anger" tbh

XyloJW posted:

I'm saying the whole "comedy has to punch up to be funny" is not true.

Well I mean obviously there is comedy that is just about a dog falling off a pier or something. The point is that a powerful person making fun of a powerless one isn't funny. The "not punching down" part is more important than the "punching up" part.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

that actually reminds me of another piece of downwards punching comedy and that's eddie murphy. both raw and delirious have some very 80's jokes about homosexuals. and there's definitely some stuff in there that could be seen as misogynistic (especially in raw), but i'm more inclined to just saying that it's down to murphy being incredibly jaded during that time. funny, tho.

The "faggots can't look at my rear end when I walk, I can tell because it gets hot" bit is funny because of his massive paranoia about being called homosexual. He said that the worst part about getting AIDS was that the doctor would think he was gay. Turned out there was a little behind his homophobia.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It's inadvertently funny.

I actually remember having this discussion and coming up with honest-to-goodness, conservative, down-punching humor: bear-baiting.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

I'm just saying maybe we should give that whole Logan's Run society thing a shot until I get old then we can stop.

boomers.txt

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Lookit this ambitious millenial, thinking they get to live past 50

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

illrepute posted:

oh hey sedanchair i just wanted to note that you're a handsome poster with good taste

idgi

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

illrepute posted:

you're cool :)

the internet has ruined our ability to appreciate contextless communication. we always look for double-meaning and innuendos in everything and that's sad

Also I am apparently the most reported poster in this forum "by far"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHF9itPLUo4

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

What?! You aren't even on the top 15 of bad posters here in the Disco. You're barely top 30 at best!

-EDIT-

You aren't even top 3 for this thread!

Are there even 30 regulars?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Hell if I know. It wasn't exactly a scientific estimate.

Well anyhow thanks for the vote of confidence; when I mutate telepathic powers from vaporizing Chinese nicotine, you'll be the first person I enslave

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

Howd you find this out? I'm curious now

When I was begging Xylo not to close my cop thread.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

It's got that many reports? I skimmed the first two pages and it didn't seem bad enough to warrant mass reports.

Naw, the stink of previous controversy was adhering to me

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
That ain't me no more man, although there are like whooooole stretches of the Bush administration that my friends tell me I did something or other and I'm like "i'll take your word for it"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

No offense man, but the gun thread closed a mere three days ago, and your posts in the USPol thread...

It's not like your reputation on these matters is ancient.

I was the soul of wise, measured posting in the gun thread.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Speaking of which it's been over half a year since jrodefeld last posted :(

He got banned, and libertarians that doctrinaire either have a hundred million dollars, or not even ten.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:laffo: at the idea of any posting in that thread being any less than frothing at the mouth mad

Well my ideas, sure. But I was friendly at least.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

This just proves Lincoln was the most adorable president.

Surprise reveal: they're actually Josh Speed's and Lincoln accidentally packed them when they broke up

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

The Timbers are the g*yest team in the world

Goyest? That's not very nice.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Is that from that Mark Twain claymation? That was some raw poo poo.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Is that guy just going around sticking people with the same needle?

:gonk:

I just wondered if libertarians could stay libertarians while dealing with HIV, then I remembered how Peter McWilliams died because he needed cannabis to keep his cocktail down :smithicide:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ufarn posted:

I dunno, coworkers who appear to harbour no opinion on anything are pretty scary, too.

The nail that sticks up gets pounded down.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

I think he's talking specifically about some people on this forum reacting poorly when confronted by Americans about it.

It's tough wrapping your head around being lectured by Americans. Some of us are the worst enslavers, enforcers, and bigots on the planet. On the other hand, others of us have pretty much hammered out modern human rights and are your benevolent kings, to whom all other nations may look for wise guidance. :911:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
drat dude way to be in the airport for a long-rear end time

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
There's only one Pitbull I'm interested in and it's DJ Sany Pitbull :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKa6kgPu6E

(kidding, Pitbull's OK)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

rail travel does own a whole bunch.

i like trains

read this as "ravel does own", agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126a3mp9v0E

(rail travel also owns, Cascades amtrak all day every day)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

R. Mute posted:

haha, america is like the dumbest country in the world.

I think that may actually be Spain.

I don't have any facts to back that up just gut feeling yk?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Deadulus posted:

Is this normal in a lot of high schools? I am wondering because it just glosses over all labor disputes of the period.

Yes, that's the memory hole. Concealing the history of labor is the biggest conspiracy in America.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

rscott posted:

I prefer to use 80/20 or 85/15 for my burgers because 73/27 shrinks too much when you cook them

m-make bigger patties :psyduck:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Chris Christie.

Chris Christie 2016: "At least people know who he is."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Literally "if they take a picture of me smiling with the Kenyan, I'm finished." Obama was probably just riffing the whole time trying to get him to crack. The Finest President.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wasn't it the Super Serious Meetup to Discuss the Immigrant Crisis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For some reason D&D seems like the dumbest forum to report in. Like, isn't the unspoken agreement we're all here because we're insufferable argumentative assholes? Why would you not just argue with someone?

That guy with the Bob Costas avatar seems pretty cool

• Locked thread