Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

I didn't see anything on the recent IP issues. Can we just not handle iP threads anymore.

Dunno. But I heard today that Netanyahu is supporting an independent Kurdish state, which is pretty hilarious, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Defenestration posted:

I've got What's the matter with Kansas sitting on my shelf. Worth it to read y/n? I feel like maybe we're a couple generations of the conservative party down the road from there now

I remember finding it interesting when I read it some years back. But I don't really remember anything particular about it so I can't say how well it holds up today.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

made of bees posted:

Also, how the hell is it not tbp?

Because people know he's beyond help and just ignore him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hedera Helix posted:

They even have little goats on them :3:

I think they're deer.

But I prefer to believe they're jackalopes.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jean Claude Van Damme is from Belgium. Not really a feather in its cap, though. Neutral at best.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nothing against the guy, he's alright, he's just no Dolph Lundrgen.

Even though Lundgren is kind of a shithead politically.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ufarn posted:

So is it treason to watch the World Cup or not watch it?

Depends on whether we win or not.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Belgium definitely has the advantage. It's looked a bit hairy for the US so far.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

If the US wins, can I still eat a Belgian Waffle to signify the spoils of our defeated enemy? Is that patriotic enough?

If the US can't get off defense, you won't have to worry about that.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

fuuuuuccckkkkk

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And that's it. GG US. Better luck in 2018.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Holy poo poo I take that back. Could be some crazy comeback yet!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OK now GG USA. You played a good final 15 minutes.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have teams too!

And Canada pretty much. May as well toss in Mexico also soon enough.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

tbp posted:

The Timbers are the g*yest team in the world

Are the jews even good at football? Sending in a bunch of goys is probably for the best.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Swan Oat posted:

He's got hella Jewish homies though.

Also I don't know about Jews in Texas generally but Houston has a pretty big Jewish community. They even have their own neighborhood!

I've always liked Meyerland because I really dig mid-century houses. If I ever took leave of my sanity long enough to move back to Houston, I'd consider buying there.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: PSG was great. you should watch it.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You haven't lived until you've tried my home-made Pickles n' Marshmallow sandwich. (with mayonnaise!)

Some day I will die cheerfully, knowing that I never lived.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

Was anyone else--after reading the "Jamie Dimon has cancer" headlines--really disappointed to find out that his prognosis is good?

Honestly? A little, yeah.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

XyloJW posted:

Porcupines love heroine.

Yeah, but what's their stance on some unsanitary cocktail of meth, colloidal silver, and a bunch of cooked up pills from grandma's medicine cabinet all bunged into a dumpster syringe?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Would have been so awesome if that last shot from France had made it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is it random to say "eat poo poo Le Pen" after what just happened?

I think that's allowed in any context.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Everybody that lives in a given state says that about the state.

I've never heard it in Texas. It's more like, "don't like the weather? Tough poo poo. Maybe come back in nine months when summer's over, or something."

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Here's an extremely low stakes gender question but why do you think that men and women have different handwriting? Like, I bet I could with 90% accuracy determine whether something was written by a man or a woman, just in terms of penmanship. Are girls taught differently in elementary or something? I'm trying to think of a variable that would account for it, but it would have to be something social or cultural, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfgik6TrGk

I stand corrected v:shobon:v

Nintendo Kid posted:

When I visited Arizona, someone told me "don't like the weather? me neither".

Well they basically only have the one type...

I might also expect "Then why did you come here?"

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 9, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:mad:

I have the boots to prove it. Full of all sorts of unmentionables.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Were you born here?

In the hot Texas autumn in Houston, thirty some odd years ago. But I have left both the state and country at times. Maybe I was infected.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

You also spent several regrettable years in College Station where the weather, like the gene pool, doesn't change.

#JFF # WreckingCrew #12thMan

Spent? I'm still here... :(

But I work for the university. It's not all bad.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

spoon0042 posted:

Of course the prostitute will be able to afford a good lawyer who can credibly make that case in coahahaha who am I kidding

Her father is some tech CEO. She wasn't a street corner hooker, she was a "gently caress you, dad" hooker.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

illrepute posted:

Someday, a better thread will arise. We have to hope.

History isn't on your side there. But it's nice to be optimistic.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

paragon1 posted:

All Debate Disco debates will, of course, be in Lincoln-Douglas style debate format. All arguments must also be set to funky dance grooves.

Mods, please ember some funky Parliament tunes into all threads, tia.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bummer.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

What about BJs? And oh no, what if I'm wanking and have a cut on my hand :ohdear:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

McDowell posted:

the content of the posts builds your brand

I'm screwed

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

StandardVC10 posted:

I recognize you as the only name from LF circa 2007 that hasn't been banned, investigated by the Secret Service, or both.

edit: unless you didn't post there, in which case boy is my face red!

:D

So many posters gone though... rip LF *pours bourbon*

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Warcabbit posted:

You wanna know what's delicious? A chunk of good old New York Cheddar with a slice of New York Apple Pie.

I was gonna say. Never tried it myself, but I know that cheese on apple pie is definitely a thing. Also pretty sure I've seen grapes and other bits of fruit used in fondue.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

To anyone who thinks California pizza is bad, you've obviously never had Japanese pizza. Whole lotta things that have no business being together to begin with, much less on a pizza.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

EDIT: That photo is for their new Cambodian branches, but it's a Thai company and that specific """"pizza"""" is a seasonal thing they started offering here. Looks like the loving thing that lifts out of the ocean at the end of The Abyss

I definitely don't want to eat that pizza. Asians should probably stop inventing pizzas.

otoh a curry pizza... hmmm

e:

When even the waitress says something is vile

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 13, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Asian food has a rich and amazing history but for some reason when like every Asian country saw pizza they just lost their mind and we have poo poo like korean mayo pizzas and that shrimp seafood abortion and poo poo. From looking at poo poo that gets posted online and all they never had that happen with stuff like fast food burgers aside from doing things like making huge ones or using squid ink to make black buns or something, but for some reason pizza made like half the Asian chefs that saw it go "WAIT WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS"

The burgers can get pretty weird too. MOS Burger definitely stretches the definition of what you and I might consider a burger, but at least some of them are pretty good.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

You know what's good if you haven't had it? Japanese tonkatsu curry rice. I never saw it until I lived in Asia and now it's one of my favorites (the Cocoichibanya super-spicy variety is crack rock - and I never feel this way about chain food).

This is truth. It's good stuff. I still try to make my own, but it's not the same, of course.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Isn't/wasn't Creed basically a christian band? I'm not saying they were good by any stretch, but they certainly did well outside the confines of the jesusrock ecosystem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Three points on a triangle if you ask me, but I guess it varies a lot person to person.

• Locked thread