Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we should get little burning ballots during election season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

XyloJW posted:

Professor Jared Diamond traced old-man-pants syndrome back to the advent of agriculture and notes that the native tribes of PNG don't suffer from pants at all.

oh good god what deterministic bullshit. Cuffs, Zippers and Denim spends more time on loving crops than it does on utilitarian fashion and doesn't even mention the early Dark Ages racism of non-toga-wearers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Unzip and Attack posted:

Also, Chingon IPA is the best IPA. It should be illegal to make beer this delicious.

i'm a jerk for product presentation and naming and this sounds like a shirt i'd see for sale at a cart in Tulum

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door! For me to poop on!"

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 3, 2014

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a naval signal for ship in distress.

Also prisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWaLCdKLuY

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i graduated eleven years ago and i still talk with my history teacher on facebook because she's awesome; i probably had a weird experience for suburban texas, but it was APUSH. i have yet to hear from a person that took APUSH that was disappointed in their class

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

http://www.4tests.com/ap-us-history

24/29, i'm kinda disappointed in my score

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm such a terrible food-person. I nearly starved to death on Yoruba and Igbo food in Nigeria; thank Allah for the Hausa

also the best tacos are from guatemala because they have much better beef; there, i said it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

razorrozar posted:

That's one of the main objections to gene therapy. We start by curing diseases and we don't know where to stop and before we know it we're in a eugenics-driven dystopia where "naturals" make up an untouchable under-caste.

As if I'd trust any sort of authoritative body on this that didn't emerge from my utopian sci-fi brain.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQaSMjM86Ts

twenty years old now, still good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hollismason posted:

No, I just find it unnerving how we're constantly having these news stories about how great the pope is when really he hasn't said anything of worth or note.

Again, his spoken policy on many issues (downright marxist historiography as the most prominent) is important even if he directs no action by his authority, because at least the ideas are out in the open. He's indisputably the most prominent person in the world discussing the things that need discussing. After spending several months hitting every drat town I could in rural Mexico, you have no idea how influential JPII still is to a large section of the Catholic population. If this pope sticks around another decade (or more!) it could really mean something.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Pharisees condemn this talk as religiously unlawful.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I have a tiny stomach and can't handle heavy beers, and I don't drink for the taste. If I'm drinking beer in the cul-de-sac out of a cooler, it's Miller Lite. The closest place within cycling distance has fourloko though, and that's easier on the wallet. I just have to work off the 700 calories per can.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

What do you all think is the more likely scenario with Alex Jones: legitimately insane or putting on a show for money?

Shouting for hours on-end is really, really difficult and he wallowed in obscurity for years before Obama was elected. The only time I'd see anything advertising him were home-made painted blankets strung up in the west campus neighborhoods abutting Mopac.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Remember the Phoenician Genocide

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Alhazred posted:

Carthage will rise again.

Sons of Chaldean Veterans

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ReindeerF posted:

EDIT: Mexicans make barbacoa out of it.

Real barbacoa is pretty gross, unless you're really into fat. Not like Chipotle at all ;_;

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Austin's airport is the best because they only allow local places.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My first was also Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and on the way out in the parking lot I remember crying because Antie died.

Swan Oat posted:

post the first movie you saw by yourself with a person of the preferred gender you wanted to kiss

for me, it was blast from the past starring brendan fraser

schindler's list

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Chantilly Say posted:

Well, how did it go?

we made out, then over the next decade got married and divorced

lesson learned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paragon1 posted:

Also I need to hear him describe what everyone is wearing in great detail.

robert jordan gives me faith that even i could be a successful writer someday

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm an ancient baby and so haven't tried vicky 2 yet. i played years of vicky revolutions and just now installed the VIP stuff so i'm enjoying the extras for the first time

people say vicky 2 is better but i don't wanna go through another six months of learning how an in-game economy works

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Island of the Blue Dolphins was my first real book, but right afterward I dove into an old copy of White Fang I found and I loved it. I was only eight, but Jack London is still my favorite novelist today, I guess.

nature :shobon:

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 19, 2014

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

As far as I can tell, the clips on YouTube are all massholes making fun of it, so here's Fred Tuttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MwICs8gIh4&t=130s

Wait, what is this? This is not my America.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ReindeerF posted:

She'll be running against Sarah Palin and her running mate Church Lockin in a few years.

Tight race between her and Pew Potluck, we'll see

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm actually surprised we haven't had a statewide candidate run with just the name "Pastor [firstname]", like "Pastor Lance". It's folksy, yet authoritative

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

politoon thread is awful, but galatianman is some top-shelf poo poo. it's hilarious

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cool Bear posted:

I want to live in a sewer and act like a doge

edit lol sorry youre all friends and care about eachother sorry to interupt

many hate, such insular

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pizza is easy to make from scratch, make your own pizzas

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Totally legitimate way to keep your hands clean.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its the only way to eat real pizza

mods???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I cannot imagine how boring the 1996 election was

in my middle school, Dole won the vote 50-30-20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

toyota hiluxes (hilii?) are amazing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Quinn 2014: Adding the 'left' as an afterthought

again, like Dan, you are catty when you need to be

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is there something like grindr but backwards? As in, you find random people to talk to from your area?

jdate

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i saw a christian vs. jewish riot in jerusalem when i was fourteen and this still heavily influences my view of the world today

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

never go to a place that doesn't have a reputation for drinking

this is why mexicans are the best people on the planet btw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What was the score?

IDF busted it up, the Christians looked a lot more scared (they were evangelist college kids from Dallas)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So not Arab, then? It's as if MIGF again doesn't know what the gently caress he's talking about. :iiam:

one would be right to assume that arab christians and israeli jews hate each other because israeli jews are drat near-genocidal toward them

my mom's church sponsors a hardcore missionary in Amman and little do they know she's gone totally apeshit anti-Israel in private, having to deal with the refugee camps for years

she even denounced US airstrikes in Bosnia in the 90's, it ran on KVUE, one of Austin's news channels. it owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^^ lmao i'm dying

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, you want to marry? Legally impossible for you! Better pay to go to Cyprus or something. This applies even if you immigrated under the Law of Return, so you are Jewish enough for citizenship, but not enough to be able to actually marry a Jew (or a Muslim, or anyone). :thumbsup:
I didn't know that. How bizarre, and totally backward from the way the US and others with more pluralistic immigration systems work. But, well, Israel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gay bars are great because when my gayfriends bring me all i have to do is tolerate like a dozen french-kisses from random dudes and then i'm offered free drinks and drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

free drinks at a gay bar? heh, now thats a name i havent heard in a long time

really? gay bars are the best places here to drink on the cheap. lots of places offer $2 wells and pints in this area

• Locked thread