Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=109351#post431520391

This poster in the ladies thread took 5 days to notice, is this quick, slow or just right.

(full disclosure I am not a lady and only checked the thread because someone in QCS said the gay mod posted there)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Probably under an hour.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Friendship, y'all!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

jalopybrown posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=109351#post431520391

This poster in the ladies thread took 5 days to notice, is this quick, slow or just right.

(full disclosure I am not a lady and only checked the thread because someone in QCS said the gay mod posted there)

lol

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

lol her place is gonna be haunted as fuk

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
wtf lol wtf

LOL

wtf

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
depends on the situation, a couple hours to a couple days depending on who it was and our work schedules

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

"Hey I haven't seen my roommate in almost a week and his room smells like rotting fleh. Perhaps I should wait another day to check on him, just to be sure he's not ok?"

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
no effin way

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wierre posted:

So whats the best method to force yourself into cleaning your apartment?

Recently I really started to toy with the idea of hiring a cleaner.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Immediately because I've most likely killed them

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

jalopybrown posted:

holy gently caress ahahahaha

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
"If he's dead no biggie"

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Lmfao

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
Please stop posting my profile; it was never funny in the first place and now it's just pathetic. Just stoppit.

Lol. I knew someone who spent almost a day with a dead guy they were junkies.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Weeks. I live in a very well insulated building. I might question thing if their dogs weren't barking at me

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
haha hey guys

hey, hey guys

GOKU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

NiceGuy posted:

haha hey guys

hey, hey guys

GOKU

I included the option so we could avoid all the 'no goku option' posts, I'm glad we've got the dumb 'grrr goku sucks and isn't funny' posts instead.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

NiceGuy posted:

haha hey guys

hey, hey guys

GOKU

Forget about that bull poo poo and marvel at the fact that someone was so incredibly milquetoast that she could not bring herself to knock on her roommates door at any point during the 5 day period and see if he was ok. Its loving mind blowing

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
i notice right away because it was me who did it :regd10:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I like my roommate alright but really enjoy it when the apartment is empty so it might take like a week for me until it starts to smell because I would not really ask any questions

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

jalopybrown posted:

I included the option so we could avoid all the 'no goku option' posts, I'm glad we've got the dumb 'grrr goku sucks and isn't funny' posts instead.

i didnt say goku sucks

you're right on the money about not being funny, though

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
We have an understanding that when one of us dies we have to ring to let the other know. It's just common sense

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

The problem is the rotting and horrible smell starts much sooner than 5 days so to not notice it for that long is really impressive :D

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Corn Thongs posted:

The problem is the rotting and horrible smell starts much sooner than 5 days so to not notice it for that long is really impressive :D

Well when you've got your 1br apartment filled to the brim with cat poo poo, even a corpse can be hidden by the stench, I guess. :shrug:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Did he died?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I guess if by "flatmate" she means "casual acquaintance that I never talk to & lives in a separate wing of the palace as me" I can see how that could happen.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I live on the first floor of a three story house and the master bedroom is really far away from me on the top floor. If the guy that owned the house kicked it I probably wouldn't notice for days because I already can go like a week without seeing him and I have no reason to ever go upstairs.

I hope he doesn't die because my rent is super cheap. :ohdear:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

NiceGuy posted:

haha hey guys

hey, hey guys

GOKU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

except unironically

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Pretty quickly because my roommates are loud and always barging into my room.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Something similar happened to my friend's brother in college. He lived in an apartment-style dorm with about half a dozen roommates. Apparently one of them was a weirdo who rarely left his room and wasn't really friends with anyone. The guy died somehow, it took them like a week to notice.

loving lol at the chick in the OP though, if she knew the dude for 20 years it's p. shameful that she didn't notice him until he started to stink up the joint.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i wiould notice p quickly during one of my bihourly swat drills clearing my house. the question is if there dead would my flashbang breach damage the corpse and prevent my from determining caudse of death

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
I would notice around 12am if my Jewess roommate died because she posts pictures of her disgusting looking food every god drat night on Facebook . I would notice if my other roommate died about 15 minutes after I post a status about anything and not receiving a like from her.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if youre out of college and have a roommate and the term "roommate" isnt a euphamism for youre gay lover, then i feel bad for u son

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
how u supposed to get it in if u got roomates creepin 24/7

a nigga need tio light candles and play some jodeci to soothe these white women into allowing my potent african seed inside them

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I'm the only one there, so literally forever.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah sorry you had to have a closed casket funeral for him. i would have checked earlier but i get anxious around doors

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the guy i nthat thread is obv a murderer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What does a body look like after 5 days of decomp? Please post pictures.

• Locked thread