Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'd pay about $20 for a detailed series of photos of her apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

jalopybrown posted:

It'll probably be another 4 days before she discovers this

She's PM'd the OP but he isn't responding. Is the thread dead lol?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Al Borland posted:

Just checked their steam profile. They have like steam level 43 holy poo poo. And the golden potato so yeah, That's how you do weekly washings and not notice a stench.

E:

Also how can you go a week without smelling like irish spring soap? I can't stand not smelling like the springs of Ireland (alcohol).

dont steam shame

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I read the weekly shower thing as an obvious joke but I guess we're pretending not to get it because it's funnier if she meant it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A misanthrope posted:

Real post: I made it a point to tell my boss if I ever miss work and am not answering my phone that they need to send someone to my house and check on me. I got pets and poo poo and I don't want them to starve to death after they eat my body.

Isn't that kind of just assumed? I don't have any formal plan with my employer but I assume they would like call my mom or my building if I just stopped showing up for work without explanation.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Torka posted:

I read the weekly shower thing as an obvious joke but I guess we're pretending not to get it because it's funnier if she meant it

Yeah I don't know how anyone could take that statement seriously, it's not like she's the type of person not to notice if she smelled horrible.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Yeah I don't know how anyone could take that statement seriously, it's not like she's the type of person not to notice if she smelled horrible.

point :(

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It does bring up the question, I'm level 2 on Steam & I wonder if there's a point to levels & if so if there's a way to get my level up without descending into filth & madness?

You get booster packs more frequently for pretend cards that autistics buy for money.

Best way to do this? Start a game up and go AFK. Just let it run overnight and then reap all the cards you get. Every badge you craft or some crap lets you get experience or somethin. IDK my level is like 12 just cause I've had steam since day 1. Never crafted a single badge I just keep the cards and figure in 10 years if steam is still around some retard avid collector will pay hundreds for them.

e:

Also even if you sit on your rear end all day you still need to bathe at least every other day.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hey all, just popping in here to say that it's cool and all to mock somebody for not knowing/caring that her roommate has been dead for 5 days, but personal hygiene jokes? That's just hosed up, even for the type of unsavory "trolls" who usually frequent this forum.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

exquisite tea posted:

Hey all, just popping in here to say that it's cool and all to mock somebody for not knowing/caring that her roommate has been dead for 5 days, but personal hygiene jokes? That's just hosed up, even for the type of unsavory "trolls" who usually frequent this forum.

Some people do love the stench of smelly genitals so you make a fair point.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Al Borland posted:

You get booster packs more frequently for pretend cards that autistics buy for money.

Best way to do this? Start a game up and go AFK. Just let it run overnight and then reap all the cards you get. Every badge you craft or some crap lets you get experience or somethin. IDK my level is like 12 just cause I've had steam since day 1. Never crafted a single badge I just keep the cards and figure in 10 years if steam is still around some retard avid collector will pay hundreds for them.

e:

Also even if you sit on your rear end all day you still need to bathe at least every other day.

i hadn't once checked my cards or w/e until this steam sale and it turns out i had like a hundred of them and i sold them all and got $9. i then bought four games with that $9 which is a p good deal

sell your steam cards people. i dont understand them but they're free money

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fandyien posted:

i hadn't once checked my cards or w/e until this steam sale and it turns out i had like a hundred of them and i sold them all and got $9. i then bought four games with that $9 which is a p good deal

sell your steam cards people. i dont understand them but they're free money

Pretty much, unless you want backgrounds / emoticons for games. When you craft a badge you get like an emoticon. The best part is steam does it SA style so you do like :smith: with the ::'s to make it work.

I just wish it incorporated SA emoticons.

E:
Also if your roommate is dead and still logged into steam I suggest you make him trade all his steam cards with you and add you to his family plan.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Pretty much, unless you want backgrounds / emoticons for games. When you craft a badge you get like an emoticon. The best part is steam does it SA style so you do like :smith: with the ::'s to make it work.

E:
Also if your roommate is dead and still logged into steam I suggest you make him trade all his steam cards with you and add you to his family plan.

i have like five emoticons and i have never crafted a badge. how did i get them, legit curious

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al Borland posted:

E:

please take this videogame autism lesson out of the corpse hilarity in GBS thread

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fandyien posted:

i have like five emoticons and i have never crafted a badge. how did i get them, legit curious

No clue, I got a few from bastion that are kinda cool. Did someone gift them to you? Perhaps a living roommate? Have they gifted you anything lately? They could be dead!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

please take this videogame autism lesson out of the corpse hilarity in GBS thread

*sujstained farting sound*

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
if you don't notice for 5 days that your roommate is dead, poo poo if you don't notice it within like 6 hours unless it happens while you're sleeping or something, you have to start seriously questioning your life choices

especially if you're in your 40s and still have a roommates. i mean that alone

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fandyien posted:

*sujstained farting sound*

please don't helldump me

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Considering I live in a 2 room apartment probably not too long. Also if I were to kill myself then it'd probably take a week or so for people to find me. I'd crawl under my tiny rear end bed.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Al Borland posted:

e:

Al Borland: haha this person is on steam a lot, let me just take this opportunity to brag about how I am also on steam a lot

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shithouse Dave posted:

Al Borland: haha this person is on steam a lot, let me just take this opportunity to brag about how I am also on steam a lot

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shithouse Dave posted:

Yes, but I'm not on enough to not notice a corpse rotting in the room next to me.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Spanish Manlove posted:

Shithouse Dave paraphrasing Al Borland: haha this person is on steam a lot, let me just take this opportunity to brag about how I am also on steam a lot

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Isn't that kind of just assumed? I don't have any formal plan with my employer but I assume they would like call my mom or my building if I just stopped showing up for work without explanation.

MY BUILDING

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Al Borland posted:

Yes, but I'm not on enough to not notice a corpse rotting in the room next to me.

yes, because you're teh corpse noticing expert around these parts obviously

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

yes, because you're teh corpse noticing expert around these parts obviously

Spanish Manlove posted:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

jalopybrown posted:

It'll probably be another 4 days before she discovers this

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wow I missed that one.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
my brother and my best friend check in on me twice a day (and me with them twice a day) b/c we've all had people just unexpectedly die on us

:shrug:

my other best friend, who i actually like more than the one who constantly keeps in touch, i will only speak to every month or so and i legit fear for his life b/c he's an introvert film guy who spends most of his time in a basement editing/colorizing poo poo :ohdear:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Some women have this amazing ability to completely zone out everything that doesn't directly affect them at that very moment. It's kind of like autism without the obsessing over minor stuff part

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

nutranurse posted:

my brother and my best friend check in on me twice a day (and me with them twice a day) b/c we've all had people just unexpectedly die on us

my other best friend, who i actually like more than the one who constantly keeps in touch, i will only speak to every month or so and i legit fear for his life b/c he's an introvert film guy who spends most of his time in a basement editing/colorizing poo poo :ohdear:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

nutranurse posted:

are you fat or retarded or something because most people don't need to be check on twice a day. i'm concerned for you nutranurse.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
nutra are you suffering from depression, and do you have any sharp objects in your place that you have hidden away?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
im pretty sure dead roommate girl is from hungary so the whole concept of what her living arrangement should be like at 40 is a little off my goon brethren.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Weekend at Ladycrew's

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Pretty sure the lady thread dead roommate poster is male

Never assume a feminosm or lady crew poster is female, often they are loser dudes looking for any validation in life even from fat goonnettes who shower once a week max, have decaying corpses in theyre home, take months to draw third grader conic books as their only hobby, are ugly, obsess over anime, work in a call center, think about rape nonstop, have anxiety and ptsd about working for a living, have glasses, gender issues obvs, and are stupid jerks

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

freehotel posted:

Never assume a feminosm or lady crew poster is female, often they are loser dudes looking for any validation in life even from fat goonnettes who shower once a week max, have decaying corpses in theyre home, take months to draw third grader conic books as their only hobby, are ugly, obsess over anime, work in a call center, think about rape nonstop, have anxiety and ptsd about working for a living, have glasses, gender issues obvs, and are stupid jerks

me irl

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

freehotel posted:

Actually she posted herself shooped as a wow elf or some dumb thing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The coroner took my roommate this morning, do I have a legal leg to stand on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Every day I chat with my gf, friends, family & sundry acquaintances, I assumed that was just what socializing was but apparently there's another level that is simply people checking in to make sure you haven't died.

• Locked thread