Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

jalopybrown posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=109351#post431520391

This poster in the ladies thread took 5 days to notice, is this quick, slow or just right.

(full disclosure I am not a lady and only checked the thread because someone in QCS said the gay mod posted there)

LMFAO

hollly poo poo. HOLLLLY poo poo.

I wondered if my roommate was dead once. My only thought was, "I hope he is."

But that's because he went missing for a few days. Wasn't here I knocked on his door after day 1 cause he left a bunch of food out on the kitchen stove overnight and it pissed me off. (gently caress dorms and random roommates forever.) The guy was out drinking and partying on a binge for like 4 days. He never cleaned up after himself. So hence why I hoped he was dead. Oh also he used my poo poo all the time and wouldn't clean it up.

Still only took me a day if not less to knock on his drat door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Come to think of it my Neighbor died around November. I hadn't seen him in a few days in his regular routine and I knew he wasn't well, so I asked around with the other tenants. No one was sure either so I knocked no response, asked the super etc if he had any contacts. Turns out he was in Hospice. Died of lung cancer :smith:

Was a nice guy too, but he smoked a loving poo poo ton, smoked up till he died pretty much too.

Rest in peace Bruce Campbell.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Just checked their steam profile. They have like steam level 43 holy poo poo. And the golden potato so yeah, That's how you do weekly washings and not notice a stench.

E:

Also how can you go a week without smelling like irish spring soap? I can't stand not smelling like the springs of Ireland (alcohol).

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It does bring up the question, I'm level 2 on Steam & I wonder if there's a point to levels & if so if there's a way to get my level up without descending into filth & madness?

You get booster packs more frequently for pretend cards that autistics buy for money.

Best way to do this? Start a game up and go AFK. Just let it run overnight and then reap all the cards you get. Every badge you craft or some crap lets you get experience or somethin. IDK my level is like 12 just cause I've had steam since day 1. Never crafted a single badge I just keep the cards and figure in 10 years if steam is still around some retard avid collector will pay hundreds for them.

e:

Also even if you sit on your rear end all day you still need to bathe at least every other day.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

exquisite tea posted:

Hey all, just popping in here to say that it's cool and all to mock somebody for not knowing/caring that her roommate has been dead for 5 days, but personal hygiene jokes? That's just hosed up, even for the type of unsavory "trolls" who usually frequent this forum.

Some people do love the stench of smelly genitals so you make a fair point.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fandyien posted:

i hadn't once checked my cards or w/e until this steam sale and it turns out i had like a hundred of them and i sold them all and got $9. i then bought four games with that $9 which is a p good deal

sell your steam cards people. i dont understand them but they're free money

Pretty much, unless you want backgrounds / emoticons for games. When you craft a badge you get like an emoticon. The best part is steam does it SA style so you do like :smith: with the ::'s to make it work.

I just wish it incorporated SA emoticons.

E:
Also if your roommate is dead and still logged into steam I suggest you make him trade all his steam cards with you and add you to his family plan.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fandyien posted:

i have like five emoticons and i have never crafted a badge. how did i get them, legit curious

No clue, I got a few from bastion that are kinda cool. Did someone gift them to you? Perhaps a living roommate? Have they gifted you anything lately? They could be dead!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Shithouse Dave posted:

Al Borland: haha this person is on steam a lot, let me just take this opportunity to brag about how I am also on steam a lot

Yes, but I'm not on enough to not notice a corpse rotting in the room next to me.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

yes, because you're teh corpse noticing expert around these parts obviously

Spanish Manlove posted:

please take this videogame autism lesson out of the corpse hilarity in GBS thread

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wow I missed that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
You know they have a deathclock program that you have to hit like every few days or it will email people letting them know you're probably dead. I poo poo you not it exists. Get on it goons.

• Locked thread