Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Waltzing Along posted:

wtf lol wtf

LOL

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hey guys my roomate's lying on the floor in a pull of blood and oh yeah his head is not there anymore? is he dead? should i call someone?

gonna wait a few days and hoep this sorts itself out standby for updates

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Secks Cauldron posted:

Call your roommate's cell phone and see if he answers. If he doesn't pick up wait a few more days before trying again.

i dunno i dont want to disturb him so i just took a pic and tagged him when i posted it to facebook with the caption "lol look at this retard lmfao"

if he doesn't respond or like it i guess he is prob not alive (but i don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Real post: I made it a point to tell my boss if I ever miss work and am not answering my phone that they need to send someone to my house and check on me. I got pets and poo poo and I don't want them to starve to death after they eat my body.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

I am OK posted:

They post in a GBS megathread.

lol i love how everything's just back to normal in that thread and they're talking about surf metal and tv shows and what-not

oh someone here just found out they'd been ignoring a dead body in their apartment for five days? whatever let's talk about anime

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I know, wtf? I assumed that the thread would be all about Corpseghazi but nope, posting updates about my puppy & dinner plans!

So I guess it's a thread-wide personality defect and not just a quirk of one poster.

Do not ever have a medical emergency when there's only a member of the gbs ladies thread around. You will loving die while they tell you about their cats and ship Dr. Who characters.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

EA Sports posted:

death is certain

but if you live with a goon a timely burial is not

edit: One of the latest posts in that thread --

Troposphere posted:

we were pushed to a corner of the con next to a booth that played doctor who episodes the entire time. i'll be glad if i never hear the doctor who theme song ever again

ate some really good wichita japanese food

didn't make much money because people in wichita are amazingly cheap

had a good time

nyaa~n

oh yeah hey cool um yes this is definitely the most interesting thing to be talking about right now! *hair toss* *giggle*

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

viscous wolves posted:

a day or two at most, since the room to their door is right next to the kitchen and the smell of rotting flesh is pretty distinctive

the person who posted about their dead roommate is not a regular, she's maybe posted fifteen times in that thread

I'm kind of aghast but what else is there to say, really

oh yeah hey youre right! it's not even worth mentioning. pretty much non-news really *yawn* well time to talk about what i'm wearing to the anime convention! :sparkles:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

viscous wolves posted:

that's a very flippant approach to this situation, I feel that you aren't taking this very seriously

you're 100% right because i think this is the goddam funniest thing to happen on these forums in a while and i just kinda want to bask in it for a bit

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Bobby Brown posted:

billys room is starting to smell and even though hes literally right next door to me i better call his phone. GULP well here goes nothing *has several small panic attacks as phone rings* drat... his phones off...

*swims through literal piles of garbage scrooge mcduck style to reach roommates door*

b....b-billy? *lightly taps on door and winces/braces for response*

b-b-billy? youve been awful quiet lately... uhhhh..... a-a-are you ok?

*opens door to roommates room creating a waterfall of garbage and human waste, revealing a dessicated human corpse of a 5,000 pound man literally fused to his bed and the surrounding wall, barely distinguishable to the buckets of poop and piles of pizza boxes*

billy????

better swim back through that garbage to your computer and post about it on the SomethingAwful.com forums

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Guys if i ever go more than an hour without making a post pls assume i have died and alert the coroner. Pls do not leave me to rot in a puddle of my own excrement or try to sex my body. Thnks in advance.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

what if he had been alive for a day or two but the op was too awkward to talk to the roomie

what if he just stayed silent because he knew his roommate would be too wrapped up in WOW to respond anyway?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:siren: This is your morning body check reminder. Please search your disgusting, trash-filled rooms for corpses.

I wish I didn't have to issue this reminder but apparently it's necessary.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

thanks for sharing we don't actually care because we're mocking a woman who left her dead roommate to rot for almost a week because she doesn't shower

hey I care

edit: took out the reference to all-pro sexman being a dick face because I like all-pro sexman and i haven't had my morning coffee

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

define "in your house"

my flatmate and i would p much notice immediately if the other one croaked but we live in an apartment, and someone could die in the roof apartment of our block and wed not notice at all

We're talking about a room in your house/apartment. Not your roof or under the the earth's lithosphere 24 miles below your home.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

mookface posted:

You notice dead babies pretty quick and I wouldn't be posting about it I would be out of my mind with grief

You wouldn't even post in E/N?

Thread title: "Should I use dead baby sympathy to get a date?"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

"How can I spin my roomates death into getting girls numbers? [ModNote: Don't kill your roommates for sex]"

lol

"Funeral director complimented my choice in coffins - Will she bang?"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

jalopybrown posted:

It'll probably be another 4 days before she discovers this

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:siren:BRING OUT YOUR DEAD! BRING OUT YOUR DEAD! This is your afternoon reminder to check your diseased domiciles for dead bodies. Please collect all corpses and deposit them in the sanctioned cadaver piles located in your respective city or village centers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thanks for helping me get the word out all-pro sexman :hfive:

we're making the dream of corpse-free goon homes a reality

• Locked thread