Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I guess if by "flatmate" she means "casual acquaintance that I never talk to & lives in a separate wing of the palace as me" I can see how that could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A misanthrope posted:

lol i love how everything's just back to normal in that thread and they're talking about surf metal and tv shows and what-not

oh someone here just found out they'd been ignoring a dead body in their apartment for five days? whatever let's talk about anime

I know, wtf? I assumed that the thread would be all about Corpseghazi but nope, posting updates about my puppy & dinner plans!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If someone was looking for a good reason not to live in your own filth, "being able to notice if someone has died in my home in less than 5 days" is a pretty good reason.

e: I'm not trying to tell goons how to goon but if your home regularly smells so bad that corpse smell only registers as a worrying annoyance you might have taken a wrong turn at some point in your life.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
A squirrel died in my attic once & the smell was so overpowering that I couldn't be in the house for more than a few minutes at a time while searching for the origin of the smell before I would have to run outside & dry heave so I am just imagining that a dead human probably smells worse than a dead squirrel but maybe I need to check my corpse privilege.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Al Borland posted:

Just checked their steam profile. They have like steam level 43 holy poo poo. And the golden potato so yeah, That's how you do weekly washings and not notice a stench.

E:

Also how can you go a week without smelling like irish spring soap? I can't stand not smelling like the springs of Ireland (alcohol).

Even if you just sat on your rear end all day I don't know how you could go a week without bathing if bathing was an option. I could see if you were working in a research station in Antarctica it might not always be practical to bathe regularly. I do physical labor in a tropical climate & enjoy being clean though so perhaps I'm just viewing hygiene through my own lens.

It does bring up the question, I'm level 2 on Steam & I wonder if there's a point to levels & if so if there's a way to get my level up without descending into filth & madness?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Torka posted:

I read the weekly shower thing as an obvious joke but I guess we're pretending not to get it because it's funnier if she meant it

Yeah I don't know how anyone could take that statement seriously, it's not like she's the type of person not to notice if she smelled horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Every day I chat with my gf, friends, family & sundry acquaintances, I assumed that was just what socializing was but apparently there's another level that is simply people checking in to make sure you haven't died.

• Locked thread