Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

I just got all nostalgic for Brazillian-seeking missile, Fabien Barthez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL2VLMu31RA&t=145s

shadok fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

cheese posted:

I can't wait for him to mistime one of those in the France game and pick up a red card.

He'll probably kill a pederast and not get carded for it.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Höwedes and Mustafi wouldn't even get games for Switzerland, what is Jogi's obsession with playing a high line full of (poo poo, out of position) CBs? It was infuriating to watch even for a Germany-hater like me.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

:stare:

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Some 20 years ago, there was this Colombian keeper who was even crazier than Neuer, executing free kicks at the enemy box then running back. I can't remember his name though, are there some youtubes of his craziest moments?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Vodos posted:

Some 20 years ago, there was this Colombian keeper who was even crazier than Neuer, executing free kicks at the enemy box then running back. I can't remember his name though, are there some youtubes of his craziest moments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXdbrosAkE

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dkj posted:

I thought it was a clever ruse but then nothing really happened so

there's no way it was a clever ruse. for one they did this exact type of 'run over ball WITHOUT tripping like a moron' constantly this tournament. And once this mockery of a free kick ended, there was a coach reaction shot and Low was utterly furious at his players, like they failed at every single part of that free kick.

Which they did.

M'Bolhi is motm. I'm glad of it

quote:

Crazy goalies are the best. Higuita, Campos, Ceni all have scored multiple goals in their careers. There's a couple crazy goalies in the highest of echelons as well, like Chilavert (who was the best keeper in the world in his time and also scored 8 goals in 74 international appearances - that's good for an outfield player)! He was the first goalkeeper to take a direct free kick on the goal in the WC (almost scored). Scored a hat-trick once! In addition to being so good, he was balls-out crazy, like claiming a Paraguay-Brazil match in which he got suspended for disorderly conduct was like a war because Brazil needs to return land to Paraguay. Schmeichel was a fantastic goalie who often scored headers in the last minutes. I'm still waiting for Neuer's goal - only then will he be truly legendary.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jul 1, 2014

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Mueller in a post match interview says the trip up was intentional.

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/hauptnavigation/startseite#/beitrag/video/2187474/M%C3%BCller-und-sein-bewusster-Stolperer (for the german speakers)

Also dear god he sounds like a 10 year old..

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Vetitum posted:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/hauptnavigation/startseite#/beitrag/video/2187474/M%C3%BCller-und-sein-bewusster-Stolperer (for the german speakers)

I love Müller interviews! Not the same old crap you always hear from Lahm, sometimes a bit weird but always awesome.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Owns so much, cheers. Neuer is now Beautiful Wavy Aphid or Campos2.0 to me

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Vetitum posted:

Muller looks like he skipped being a teenager, immediately turned 30 years old, and stayed that way. I can't believe he's 24.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

thanks for the gifs but holy gently caress what is it with that website and its retarded long URLs

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I don't get why Feghouli in this didn't just go for the ball, instead he slows down when he sees Neuer coming. If he manages to chip it over him it's an easy goal

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Syncopated posted:

I don't get why Feghouli in this didn't just go for the ball, instead he slows down when he sees Neuer coming. If he manages to chip it over him it's an easy goal

A 1,93m babyface can look quite intimidating.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Muller loving owns

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Does Muller have stitches from that collision during the Ghana game? drat, that was worse than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Someone make today's MDT

• Locked thread